Cancel Culture In The NFL

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Earlier this week...Cancel Culture went after Jacksonville HC Erban Meyer over a video that went viral. Now they're going after Jon Gruden.....ESPN has been flashing headlines on their sportscasts claiming he has come under fire for a text he wrote in 2011 that wasn't politically-correct. Soon there will be calls for his firing. They're already decided that Meyer's job is toast and have speculated which university would be a good fit for him.

You can make fun of white people all you want.....but you can't tell a joke about a black person and get away with it....not if you're don't bend over and take in the ass from the left on a regular basis.

Detroit Free Press learns how cancel culture works after failed hit piece on NFL coach​

The Detroit Free Press decided to run a hit piece on an NFL coach. But sometimes, it’s difficult to control who gets canceled when engaging in cancel culture, and it predictably backfired.
Dan Campbell standing in front of a crowd
© Provided by Washington Examiner
The target was Dan Campbell, the New Orleans Saints assistant coach who is considered the front-runner to become the head coach of the Detroit Lions. See, in 1998, Campbell said he was proud to attend a university where “men like women and women like men,” in a comment designed to be an insult against a rival university. Campbell’s apology was published in a local newspaper a few days later.

So a college-aged Campbell made one “controversial anti-gay remark,” in the words of the Detroit Free Press, which he apologized for at the time. The incident was 22 years ago. And this is what the outlet considers to be a newsworthy story.
Normally, the decision to publish this ridiculous story would simply be mocked, and rightfully so. But the added wrinkle is that the author of the piece, editor Marlowe Alter, had his own history of controversial remarks. Rather than one remark made 22 years ago, like Campbell had, Alter repeatedly used slurs on his Twitter account as recently as eight years ago, which Twitter users were quick to point out.
It’s a similar story to one that played out last year. Carson King helped raise more than $1 million for the University of Iowa's Stead Children's Hospital, with the help of beer company Anheuser-Busch. The Des Moines Register then wrote a profile on King, searching through his Twitter account and finding that he had used the N-word twice, repeating jokes from a comedy show.
King then lost his sponsorship with Anheuser-Busch, thanks to the hit piece. It then turned out that the reporter who wrote the profile, Aaron Calvin, had also used the N-word repeatedly on his Twitter feed. Calvin ended up being fired by the Des Moines Register, bemoaning that bad-faith attacks led to his firing.

I think we've firmly established that it's not what you say....it's what political party you belong to whether or not you get a pass from the commies in the left.

Pretty much as long as you aren't a republican, like trump, aren't anti vaccine, dislike white people, and say climate change causes systemic racism, then you can do whatever you want.

Earlier this week...Cancel Culture went after Jacksonville HC Erban Meyer over a video that went viral. Now they're going after Jon Gruden.....ESPN has been flashing headlines on their sportscasts claiming he has come under fire for a text he wrote in 2011 that wasn't politically-correct. Soon there will be calls for his firing. They're already decided that Meyer's job is toast and have speculated which university would be a good fit for him.

You can make fun of white people all you want.....but you can't tell a joke about a black person and get away with it....not if you're don't bend over and take in the ass from the left on a regular basis.

I dropped the NFL and the other pro sports like a bad habit so I don't care what they do or don't do.

I dropped the NFL and the other pro sports like a bad habit so I don't care what they do or don't do.
Why the fuck does everyone who claims that feel the need to proclaim it over and over and over? You don't want to watch? Great, shut the fuck up and don't watch. No one cares.

First the redskins now the Raiders. Ya know the black hole dont seem so intimidating.... al Davis must be rolling over in his grave ... Raiders. More like the gay blades... a thug organization cowered like pussies

Is a myth.

In a free and democratic society private citizens in the context of private society are at liberty to determine what speech is appropriate and what speech is not.

Conservatives contrive ridiculous lies such as ‘cancel culture’ in an effort to deflect from their racism, bigotry, and hate.
I remember when going to school on the trolleys from my ethnic neighborhood to an African American ethnic neighborhood. Racist name calling and pushing and shoving by the same on others from my background. Even trying to drag us out of the trolleys in their neighborhood. Street gangs around the school with pure hate in them. So we all experience what racism, bigotry and hate can be. Its just that some is not put into the forefront and told.

Forum List

Back