Canadian Forces top-heavy with generals as rank and file shrinks

I really don't see any point in debating your perception. I only hope that Canada can become a neutral country in case of war.

For a Western Democracy to be neutral is nothing more than being chickenshits that have no courage.

It is one thing to be non interventionists. That is a good thing. It is another thing to ignore the real threats and depend upon the US to provide security.

When I was in the Army I served in Vietnam with a Canadian volunteer. He was from Thunder Bay. He was a very brave soldier. Too bad you don't have the courage of men like him.

For a Western Democracy to be neutral is nothing more than being chickenshits that have no courage.
It's better to not choose a side when it's questionable which side is the side of right. I couldn't see US aggression being right, even before the Iraq wars.

We only have to not decide which side is wrong.

In any case the small military forces won't be deciding factors in the inevitable nuclear war that will decide nothing.

If that war is coming it won't be anything like any of America's wars of aggression since WW2!

Many are already predicting that China could already win a conventional war without nukes. I see the possibility of China being able to sink all of America's aircraft carriers as the opening gambit.

Let's just hope that America chooses to take a place alongside China at least until China dominates completely.

Will China then become an aggressor nation? I don't think so, and there are several reasons why not. Their peaceful path would be squandered away for no reason.

What do you think?

It's better to not choose a side when it's questionable which side is the side of right. I couldn't see US aggression being right, even before the Iraq wars.

We only have to not decide which side is wrong.

In any case the small military forces won't be deciding factors in the inevitable nuclear war that will decide nothing.

If that war is coming it won't be anything like any of America's wars of aggression since WW2!

Many are already predicting that China could already win a conventional war without nukes. I see the possibility of China being able to sink all of America's aircraft carriers as the opening gambit.

Let's just hope that America chooses to take a place alongside China at least until China dominates completely.

Will China then become an aggressor nation? I don't think so, and there are several reasons why not. Their peaceful path would be squandered away for no reason.

What do you think?
Justifying being chickenshits. Canada isn't the only country. We have seen it before.

Justifying being chickenshits. Canada isn't the only country. We have seen it before.
I think there's nothing to gain in any discussion with you. You're entirely free to make that choice.
We'll both know with your next reply to me.
You can be a grown-up or you can have an asshole timeout! My tolerance of your childish behaviour has come to an end.

It's better to not choose a side when it's questionable which side is the side of right.
Fence straddlers get their nuts crushed, duck. But its clear, that you've straddled that fence so long that any nuts you might have had are pure mush--kind of like that gray matter in your head.

Will China then become an aggressor nation? I don't think so
The key word there is "think." You don't, and surely are not aware of China's aggressive behavior toward their neighbors--India, Tibet, Vietnam, Taiwan, Japan, Korea--now expansion into the shipping lanes of the S. China Sea. Run along commie troll.

I think there's nothing to gain in any discussion with you. You're entirely free to make that choice.
We'll both know with your next reply to me.
You can be a grown-up or you can have an asshole timeout! My tolerance of your childish behaviour has come to an end.

You are arguing being "neutral" in a world where that is cowardice.

The Chinese will eat your lunch and not think twice about it.

Non interventionism is a good thing and all countries should practice it, including the US.

However, there is no such thing as nutrality for a Western Democracy. The Swiss are just about the only country in the world that could get away with it.

You are arguing being "neutral" in a world where that is cowardice.

The Chinese will eat your lunch and not think twice about it.

Non interventionism is a good thing and all countries should practice it, including the US.

However, there is no such thing as nutrality for a Western Democracy. The Swiss are just about the only country in the world that could get away with it.
Thank you for your return to civility. I reward that kind of behaviour with a reply.

In a nuclear war there will effectively be mostly neutral countries.. And in fact with America's many wars, other nations only joined in for political appearance sake. The US saw that with Canada's refusal in the last phony war on Iraq that was clearly based on lies.

Thank you for your return to civility. I reward that kind of behaviour with a reply.

In a nuclear war there will effectively be mostly neutral countries.. And in fact with America's many wars, other nations only joined in for political appearance sake. The US saw that with Canada's refusal in the last phony war on Iraq that was clearly based on lies.

Strength will keep nuclear war from happening, not weakness.

The Soviets didn't give it up until the US, UK and West Germany deployed the Pershing II missiles, which rendered all Soviet defense useless. If the UK and Ger had been weak in joining the US then no telling how much longer the Cold War would have gone on and if it would have turned hot.

The US doesn't always get foreign policy right and we are bad about interventionism. However, if Canada thinks they can go it alone and be neutral then they are being very naive and that is dangerous.

The Soviets didn't give it up until the US, UK and West Germany deployed the Pershing II missiles, which rendered all Soviet defense useless. If the UK and Ger had been weak in joining the US then no telling how much longer the Cold War would have gone on and if it would have turned hot.

The US doesn't always get foreign policy right and we are bad about interventionism. However, if Canada thinks they can go it alone and be neutral then they are being very naive and that is dangerous.
Canada has a lot of room and we accept more immigrants than most. Wars are fought for living space, as is the Zionist regime's war against the Palestinian people. No country wants a war with Canada at the moment but the US threatens because of it's dwindling natural resources.

Climate change will also most likely be another factor soon as much of the US gets too hot for human habitation.

This is why we don't want to alienate any nation. China's interests in Canada are already critical to China and worth protecting. As are many small countries critical to China's interests.

Will the US attempt to keep China out of Cuba or Venezuela? What possible excuse could there be for more US aggression?

The sad fact is, the defense is useless for all sides. Even North Korea is safe now because of its nuclear capability that will only ever be used as a deterrent.

However, even that will never be necessary because of China's interests.

Canada has a lot of room and we accept more immigrants than most. Wars are fought for living space, as is the Zionist regime's war against the Palestinian people. No country wants a war with Canada at the moment but the US threatens because of it's dwindling natural resources.

Climate change will also most likely be another factor soon as much of the US gets too hot for human habitation.

This is why we don't want to alienate any nation. China's interests in Canada are already critical to China and worth protecting. As are many small countries critical to China's interests.

Will the US attempt to keep China out of Cuba or Venezuela? What possible excuse could there be for more US aggression?
Have you got your fiddle out duck? The US wants Canada? You're ridiculous. Maybe you ought to pay more attention to your own current events. You have blinders on. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nort...da-united-nations-continental-shelf-1.5983289

Canada thinks it can be "neutral" only because it knows that the US will always guarantee their security. That is a form of welfare, isn't it?

If anybody in Canada thinks China or Russia are their friends then they are really naive.

By the way, you are confused. In the last 100 years wars have been fought over ideology as much as the reasons you mentioned. The war I was in was an ideological war. So was the one my son was in.

China is a smart worthy opponent and they will eat everybody's lunch if we let them.

Trump was causing them a lot of problems by insisting on fair trade deals and stopping technology transfers and that is why they released the bio weapon to destroy Trump's great economy.

Last edited:
Too many chiefs and too few Indians can run in an entire war.

Canada thinks it can be "neutral" only because it knows that the US will always guarantee their security. That is a form of welfare, isn't it?

If anybody in Canada thinks China or Russia are their friends then they are really naive.

By the way, you are confused. In the last 100 years wars have been fought over ideology as much as the reasons you mentioned. The war I was in was an ideological war. So was the one my was in.

China is a smart worthy opponent and they will eat everybody's lunch if we let them.

Trump was causing them a lot of problems by inisisting on fair trade deals and stopping technology transfers and that is why they released the bio weapon to destroy Trump's great economy.
Which war were you in and which one was your my in?

Both China and the US are locked into trade relations. But China is already making moves to keep their production at home instead of depending on the US.

Predictions are that China will be soon flooding the US with very high quality electric cars, as will be quite similar to how Japan almost wiped out America's big three.

China will ensure that they're not dependent on the US market in the future.

I need you to stop trying to troll me. There's much to talk about without that and you know that we're already on shaky ground.

Last edited:
Which war were you in and which one was your my in?

Both China and the US are locked into trade relations. But China is already making moves to keep their production at home instead of depending on the US.

Predictions are that China will be soon flooding the US with very high quality electric cars, as will be quite similar to how Japan almost wiped out America's big three.

China will ensure that they're not dependent on the US market in the future.

I need you to stop trying to troll me. There's much to talk about without that and you know that we're already on shaky ground.

I'm not trolling. Just stating facts.

I was in Vietnam. My son in Iraq.

It pisses me off that our President Potatohead is helping his Chinese buddies by imposing emissions standards that forces the use of terrible L-I technology. That is what the Chinese bought when they made the Biden family rich.

I'm not trolling. Just stating facts.

I was in Vietnam. My son in Iraq.

It pisses me off that our President Potatohead is helping his Chinese buddies by imposing emissions standards that forces the use of terrible L-I technology. That is what the Chinese bought when they made the Biden family rich.
Vietnam was a war against China. It was a futile attempt at US control over China's sphere of influence. And it was one of the first US wars in which the M.A.D. factor played a part. Will Taiwan be the next? Will Cuba be one of the next?

Vietnam was a war against China. It was a futile attempt at US control over China's sphere of influence. And it was one of the first US wars in which the M.A.D. factor played a part. Will Taiwan be the next? Will Cuba be one of the next?

You are mistaken about Vietnam. It was a proxy war in the Cold War to curtail the expansion of Communism. The Russians had more influence to the North Vietnamese. Ho Chin Ming studied in the Soviet Union. Yea, the Chinses also supplied the NVA because they were Commies also. Pure Ideology.

By the way, I brought home a Russian made SKS.

You are mistaken about Vietnam. It was a proxy war in the Cold War to curtail the expansion of Communism. The Russians had more influence to the North Vietnamese. Ho Chin Ming studied in the Soviet Union. Yea, the Chinses also supplied the NVA because they were Commies also. Pure Ideology.

By the way, I brought home a Russian made SKS.
I've got one of those myself as well as an Austrian.

Forum List

Back