Canada MPs given panic buttons as threats increase

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Canada's members of parliament will be given panic buttons to call police in an emergency, amid growing harassment, intimidation and threats of violence.
The move was announced by Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino who has himself received death threats.
The "very negative and toxic rhetoric that we see online" was very concerning, he said.

Canada's MPs have also been threatened on the streets and last year PM Justin Trudeau was pelted with rocks.
Mr Mendicino, who said he was threatened last month after introducing a gun control bill in parliament, said the mobile alarms would add another layer of security for politicians.

MPs are also being offered cameras, alarms and other security measures to be installed in their homes, and training on how to de-escalate potentially violent situations.

Canada MPs given panic buttons as threats increase

I hope they are issued without batteries.

Here's a thought, maybe if they weren't doing shit to piss off their constituents they wouldn't need panic buttons.

It's getting dangerous here man. Politicians are being threatened. We are not immune from Crazies either, especially post pandemic.

To be honest, I wish I had such a button for everytime one of the Creepy Ones parked outside my house or follows me around the local grocery store, but whatever.

It's getting dangerous here man. Politicians are being threatened. We are not immune from Crazies either, especially post pandemic.

To be honest, I wish I had such a button for everytime one of the Creepy Ones parks outside my house or follows me around the local grocery store, but whatever.
You have MPs following you about?

Forum List

Back