Canada.....Ban On All Handguns Starts

Actually, Canada has put a ban on all handgun sales.

Which just made my handgun in the US worth triple what I paid for it.

Bless you, Fuhrer Trudeau!

I heard banning handguns makes you gay.......Has anyone else heard this? ;)

Good vid. First I have seen of Canada banning handguns this week. Did he have to get it passed in a legislative body or does he have the power of doing it by executive order or something like it?
That may be the agenda, and would not be surprised if it was, but I still don't think it would pass the two houses of Congress here and certainly not withstand the court cases challenging in lower courts and not in the Supreme Court.

Actually, Canada has put a ban on all handgun sales.

Which just made my handgun in the US worth triple what I paid for it.

Bless you, Fuhrer Trudeau!
Well he's got away with that so it's just a matter of time before they are asked "nicely" to turn the existing ones in.

That said I understand there's some resistance out in the provinces so who knows.

That and I'm not really following why would a handgun be worth triple here due to what the Canucks are doing. Did I miss something?

That and I'm not really following why would a handgun be worth triple here due to what the Canucks are doing. Did I miss something?

The second you criminalize something the public wants and is used to having (be it alcohol, recreational drugs, or firearms) then you immediately create a sellers market for that thing.

The second you criminalize something the public wants and is used to having (be it alcohol, recreational drugs, or firearms) then you immediately create a sellers market for that thing.
And you create a new criminal class.

Just 3 or 4 of us here because this type story attracts us, and I know nobody on this thread now is Canadian, but is this the end of it? No court appeals, no legislature to deal with, it is just done, until like 1srelluc said "just a matter of time before they are asked "nicely" to turn the existing ones in."?

I pretty much understand how our government, Congress and the courts work under our laws and constitution. It would be far from over, making Roe vs Wade look like bad snacks at a Brownie Scouts meeting, but how does it work in Canada?

And you create a new criminal class.

I didn't create the market or the criminal class ... the politicians in Canada created it.

You can always count of politicians to created an environment conducive to crime.

I didn't create the market or the criminal class ... the politicians in Canada created it.

You can always count of politicians to created an environment conducive to crime.
Of course, you know I wasn't referring to you as you, but the rhetorical use the word.

That second sentence is interesting, in an ominous way. Why do you suppose that to be somewhat a truism?

Forum List

Back