Can you identify this dead bird?

Overtime Paycheck

Reaction score
20200516_122103.jpg

I know this seems sort of morbid but I saw this dead bird and immediately noticed how yellow it is. The only birds I ever saw with yellow feathers were tropical birds in photographs. Pretty little bird. First yellow bird I ever seen with my eyes.

Laying there on a picnic bench, must've eaten something poisonous.

WillPower

Gold Member
Reaction score
View attachment 336826
I know this seems sort of morbid but I saw this dead bird and immediately noticed how yellow it is. The only birds I ever saw with yellow feathers were tropical birds in photographs. Pretty little bird. First yellow bird I ever seen with my eyes.
Looks like a young Finch.

Persistence Of Memory

Platinum Member
Reaction score
View attachment 336826

I'm saying a prayer right now for the lil thing. Don't worry. All birds go to heaven to keep crapping on us.

OP
Overtime Paycheck

Overtime Paycheck

Reaction score
Thanks. If there's one there's more. I thought it sort of looked young but couldn't be too sure.

OP
Overtime Paycheck

Overtime Paycheck

Reaction score
View attachment 336826

I'm saying a prayer right now for the lil thing. Don't worry. All birds go to heaven to keep crapping on us.
I'm going to go bury the poor thing.

Toddsterpatriot

Diamond Member
Reaction score
View attachment 336826

He's not dead, he's restin'.

Persistence Of Memory

Platinum Member
Reaction score
View attachment 336826

I'm going to go bury the poor thing.
Do you have some popsicle sticks for a cross?...............Lol

OP
Overtime Paycheck

Overtime Paycheck

Reaction score
20200516_124124.jpg

I buried the bird in this planter, the only soil in the area. Two brown sparrows showed up for the proceedings.

OldLady

Diamond Member
Reaction score
View attachment 336826

It's a goldfinch. The males get real jazzy in spring to attract the ladies. There are "purple" ones too (more dusky red, really). They love thistle seed. Put some in a little feeder outside your window and you'll see lots of them.

1589648799738.png

Last edited:

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score
View attachment 336826

Poor little bird. But its yellow IS pretty striking.

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Reaction score

New Topics

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List