Can you identify this dead bird?

Overtime Paycheck

May 6, 2020
20200516_122103.jpg

I know this seems sort of morbid but I saw this dead bird and immediately noticed how yellow it is. The only birds I ever saw with yellow feathers were tropical birds in photographs. Pretty little bird. First yellow bird I ever seen with my eyes.

Laying there on a picnic bench, must've eaten something poisonous.

View attachment 336826
I know this seems sort of morbid but I saw this dead bird and immediately noticed how yellow it is. The only birds I ever saw with yellow feathers were tropical birds in photographs. Pretty little bird. First yellow bird I ever seen with my eyes.

I'm saying a prayer right now for the lil thing. Don't worry. All birds go to heaven to keep crapping on us.

View attachment 336826

I'm saying a prayer right now for the lil thing. Don't worry. All birds go to heaven to keep crapping on us.

I'm going to go bury the poor thing.

View attachment 336826

He's not dead, he's restin'.

View attachment 336826

I'm going to go bury the poor thing.
Do you have some popsicle sticks for a cross?...............Lol

View attachment 336826

It's a goldfinch. The males get real jazzy in spring to attract the ladies. There are "purple" ones too (more dusky red, really). They love thistle seed. Put some in a little feeder outside your window and you'll see lots of them.

1589648799738.png

Last edited:
View attachment 336826

Poor little bird. But its yellow IS pretty striking.

Forum List

Back