Can you be Anti Authoritarian on the left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No such thing as freedom unless you are completely alone. Once you team up you loose your freedom as you are now responsible for more than just yourself.
I never requested to join your "team".
There's the door.
Ahhhh, the old "Murica, love it or leave it" bullshit....Good thing you're not an authoritarian! :rolleyes:
All I'm saying is is nobody is forcing you to be on this team. We don't need you, there are billions of folks who would do virtually anything to have your spot.
Good....Can I quit being forced, at gunpoint if necessary, to pay for your "game"?

No such thing as freedom unless you are completely alone. Once you team up you loose your freedom as you are now responsible for more than just yourself.
There's the door.
Ahhhh, the old "Murica, love it or leave it" bullshit....Good thing you're not an authoritarian! :rolleyes:
All I'm saying is is nobody is forcing you to be on this team. We don't need you, there are billions of folks who would do virtually anything to have your spot.
Good....Can I quit being forced, at gunpoint if necessary, to pay for your "game"?
There's the door.

Actually freedom would be being able to kill someone with no consequences
No it wouldn't. It's common sense that your rights end where mine begin. You're "freedom" to kill me strips me of my right to live.

Are you really this stupid? Yes. Yes you are. :lmao:

Thank you Asclepias and Crepitus for entertaining my questions it means a lot I believe my hypothesis was only strengthened with this conversation but this is only a small sample pool and I will continue to think about what makes someone "left" and someone else "right"
cheers

There's the door.
There's the door.
There we have it....The naked and unapologetic authoritarianism of the left....Knew we'd get to see it.

There's the door.
You're playing, ya gotta pay.

Don't wanna play? Well there's the door, as oreviprevi mentioned.

Not my problem. You would only be the water boy on my team anyway. :rolleyes:
The funny part is that Ass-clap thinks it his his team. That's typical of the left-wing authoritarian. The reality is, it is our team and we simply allow him to sit on the bench. There is a reason the U.S. Constitution exists and President Trump sits in the White House as we speak. True conservatism has dominated this nation since it's inception. It is only because of true conservatism that the nation even had an inception.

There's the door.

That's a society of compulsion, not free "team play"...Thanks for exposing what an authoritarian thug you are at heart.

There's the door.
There's the door.
There we have it....The naked and unapologetic authoritarianism of the left....Knew we'd get to see it.
We aren't kicking him out you idiot, we are permitting him to leave.

The U.S. Constitution says otherwise, nitwit. It doesn't not authorize the confiscation and redistribution of private wealth and private property - no matter how much you left-wing authoritarians wish otherwise.

There's the door.
You don't get to tell me jack shit, thug.

There's the door.
And that's exactly what pisses him off so much. Authoritarians hate not being able to impose their will on others.

There's the door.
Are you really this stupid?

I mean seriously, aren't you the guy that doesn't vote? You have put yourself at everyone else's mercy, abdicated your role in deciding your fate, and still you bitch about wanting to be free?

You have no idea what you are even talking about.

You an retain freedom amongst a group of people who do not ask or desire you to take responsibility for them and who similarly don't attempt to take responsibility for you.

Mutual respect is the key to freedom.
What does mutual respect have to do with freedom?

When you respect someone, you are able to not concern yourself with their decisions. Right or wrong, as long as they don't impact you personally, allowing people to decide their lives for themselves is freedom.

You cannot respect anyone who you have to support. Likewise, they help but to have contempt for you if they rely on you for that support.
Disagree. Humans depended on each other for support for eons.

Humans have interacted for mutual benefit for eons.

The idea that certain classes of persons must receive support in perpetuity to survive is relatively new.

Adam Smith in his book, 'Wealth of Nations', illustrates how the butcher, baker, and candlestick maker, cooperate completely out of mutual self interest.
Not true. I dont know who Adam is but he has no clue what he is talking about. The elderly, medical, musical, teachers, etc received support in the earliest of human societies.

Doctors, teachers, and other workers who support a community receive payment for services rendered. Just like the butcher and baker.

The elderly were traditionally cared for by the extended family or private charities.

It's no coincidence that the oldest example of taxpayer funded support facilities are lunatic asylums.

As far as I understand it the vast majority of "left-wing" actions are taken to remove individual freedom. I'm not making a case against this but simply confused.
Are there causes in the left wing circle where they fight for less power in the hands of Government?

Is it possible to be liberal minded but be overall against the addition of regulations laws already in place?

I'm trying my best to articulate my thoughts I understand its still going to be misconstrued as an insult to the left wing but I'm trying to understand the "overall" beliefs of "Left & Right" since everyone has different definitions, so I'm trying to formulate my own.
Youre confusing power with authority. Power is simply the ability to do something. Authority is a claim to legitimacy of the ability to do something.
Either way, what difference does it make? Leftists are in favor of both.

There's the door.

He wasn't given a choice about playing, dumbass.

There's the door.

He wasn't given a choice about playing, dumbass.
He has a choice. Nobody is trapped here.

Actually freedom would be being able to kill someone with no consequences
No it wouldn't. It's common sense that your rights end where mine begin. You're "freedom" to kill me strips me of my right to live.

Are you really this stupid? Yes. Yes you are. :lmao:
I dont care what rights it strips you of moron. Freedom is being able to kill you with no consequences. :rolleyes:

What does mutual respect have to do with freedom?

When you respect someone, you are able to not concern yourself with their decisions. Right or wrong, as long as they don't impact you personally, allowing people to decide their lives for themselves is freedom.

You cannot respect anyone who you have to support. Likewise, they help but to have contempt for you if they rely on you for that support.
Disagree. Humans depended on each other for support for eons.

Humans have interacted for mutual benefit for eons.

The idea that certain classes of persons must receive support in perpetuity to survive is relatively new.

Adam Smith in his book, 'Wealth of Nations', illustrates how the butcher, baker, and candlestick maker, cooperate completely out of mutual self interest.
Not true. I dont know who Adam is but he has no clue what he is talking about. The elderly, medical, musical, teachers, etc received support in the earliest of human societies.

Doctors, teachers, and other workers who support a community receive payment for services rendered. Just like the butcher and baker.

The elderly were traditionally cared for by the extended family or private charities.

It's no coincidence that the oldest example of taxpayer funded support facilities are lunatic asylums.
I'm talking about in early societies. The elderly, the religious/medicine person, etc were supported by the entire community.

As far as I understand it the vast majority of "left-wing" actions are taken to remove individual freedom. I'm not making a case against this but simply confused.
Are there causes in the left wing circle where they fight for less power in the hands of Government?

Is it possible to be liberal minded but be overall against the addition of regulations laws already in place?

I'm trying my best to articulate my thoughts I understand its still going to be misconstrued as an insult to the left wing but I'm trying to understand the "overall" beliefs of "Left & Right" since everyone has different definitions, so I'm trying to formulate my own.
Youre confusing power with authority. Power is simply the ability to do something. Authority is a claim to legitimacy of the ability to do something.
Either way, what difference does it make? Leftists are in favor of both.
The meaning makes the difference. Didnt they teach you that in workshop english?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back