Can Truth Survive Trump‭?

Watch out when the crazy left starts quoting Greek philosophers. Trump's impeachment was a "noble lie" based on a faked dossier that the crazy left is still claiming is true after about a billion dollars and a three year investigation.

OP is a shitload of Stalinist-like tripe!
That is so true.
....employing the underhanded communication gimmick called projection of his false charge of an adversary that is precisely the misdeed his side just did.

Yupp!
It's just what they do.
That schtick has already gotten old.
Actually, I had a chapter in my college years and was required to take Psychology 101, and the chapter discouraged communication methods they coined as "Crazymakers," and claimed that the term came from studying the talk devices by very depressed people who could not understand why they were always making people mad and/or being shunned. That's because they were unwittingly blaming others for things they habitually did, without connecting their conduct with similar accusations made against an innocent bystander who wished only to distance themselves from the one engaging in projection of their psycho act to the discredit of their disdain. It's not good to engage in crazymaker speech to most people who subsequently feel anger over being falsely accused and connect it with the speaker's awful device that brings on negative feedback usually accompanied by a hostile response. I'm not sure I recollect 40-year old college requirement info, but physical educators in that state are tasked with quick identification of negativespeak problems with teamwork that requires positive responses as a winning necessity.

All the coach has to do is to make sure his state champs are forming winner talk and avoiding crazymaker mumble jumbo.

How do we reconcile our divided nation? Answer: eliminate crazymaker speech devices.

As long as people continue their crazymaker devices, it will continue to divide the nation.

Last edited:
That is so true.
....employing the underhanded communication gimmick called projection of his false charge of an adversary that is precisely the misdeed his side just did.

Yupp!
It's just what they do.
Actually, I had a chapter in my college years and was required to take Psychology 101, and the chapter discouraged communication methods they coined as "Crazymakers," and claimed that the term came from studying the talk devices by very depressed people who could not understand why they were always making people mad and/or being shunned. That's because they were unwittingly blaming others for things they habitually did, without connecting their conduct with similar accusations made against an innocent bystander who wished only to distance themselves from the one engaging in projection of their psycho act to the discredit of their disdain. It's not good to engage in crazymaker speech to most people who subsequently feel anger over being falsely accused and connect it with the speaker's awful device that brings on negative feedback usually accompanied by a hostile response. I'm not sure I recollect 40-year old college requirement info, but physical educators in that state are tasked with quick identification of negativespeak problems with teamwork that requires positive responses as a winning necessity.

All the coach has to do is to make sure his state champs are forming winner talk and avoiding crazymaker mumble jumbo.

How do we reconcile our divided nation? Answer: eliminate

As long as Democrats continue their crazymaker device, it will continue to divide the nation.

have you even been listening to Rump, Rush and others? Of course you have. You've been doing nothing else. And that is a case for your own argument. Click on my Tag.

That is so true.

Yupp!
It's just what they do.

How do we reconcile our divided nation? Answer: eliminate crazymaker communication devices. There are likely more than 6 or 8 divices in my old psychology text, all good to know.

As long as people in politics continue their crazymaker communications, it will continue to divide the nation.

I agree with the OP article, but it does not explain root causes.

I’ve felt for decades, from the Vietnam War on, that we have been lied to by the media. What rightwingers call FAKE NEWS today I always saw as “manufactured consent,” insidious propaganda, and collective cultural obsessions — lies told by both parties.

But that was still “democracy.” The U.S. still seemed for most of us a truly “exceptional” Republic doing its thing to save the world from communism. Fighting to make the world “safe for democracy.” Always supposedly improving its own democracy. Of course ours was already really at the same time an evolving international financial empire, what rightwingers today call “globalizing capitalism” — something that would inevitably trash American workers. But it sure seemed to have its strong points too. And the myths it told itself were believed by many.

Now the rot has spread internally to such an extent that even the average Joe sees the lies (from all parties). He just struggles to believe half of the lies, and seeks out “the lesser evil.” In a way that makes sense.

Our society is no longer becoming more democratic. It is not spreading freedom abroad either. In Trump it has accepted a risible demagogue reminiscent of Mussolini, promising to “drain the swamp” and MAGA. Americans want to go backwards to a simpler time, and they refuse to give up the perquisites of their empire even when it is hurting them.

Trump’s pathetic narcissism suits many Americans who want to live in the bubble of the past. Democrats lie as do all politicians, and they have no clear road forward. But Trump’s lies look backwards. They are the bald faced, absurd lies of a cranky old man, who has selfishly promoted himself all his life. He is a creature of the media, a terrible administrator, not a man capable of working with others, a child of privilege who never grew up, a man with a megalomaniacal ego, who needs to be worshipped. He is thus a very poor leader for a country with nuclear weapons facing multiple real challenges.

Last edited:
Let's move from 342 BC to today..... hmm?
niece.jpg

Say her name.... it's Natalie.

That is so true.

Yupp!
It's just what they do.

As long as Democrats continue their crazymaker device, it will continue to divide the nation.

have you even been listening to Rump, Rush and others? Of course you have. You've been doing nothing else. And that is a case for your own argument. Click on my Tag.
I do not listen to radio and never have since high school. It's noise in a mind that loves classical music, which generally makes me happy.

All I learned from your post was that you and your associates despise authority a president has, and rather than mimicking a clairvoyant by accusing others of listening to things unheard by them, you actually have no idea of their life experiences now or ever. I encourage you to keep your day job because your crystal ball is cracked and severed.

Do have a pleasant life since I generally place people who tell lies on me on my ignore list for inappropriate resolutions listed accusing me of things I had no engagement in whatsoever. I wouldn't mind hearing Mr. Limbaugh's words, however, if I could stand listening to endless noise that radio is to me.

“The painting of a false picture can be a powerful motivator,‭ ‬and if the motivation leads to a laudable outcome,‭ ‬commentators from Plato to the present have been inclined to excuse the falsehood as‭ ‘‬a noble lie.‭’ ” ‬Unfortunately,‭ ‬not one of the thousands of lies told by the impeached president trump has been of benefit to average Americans.

Aside from zero benefit,‭ ‬some of his lies have actually proved deadly for tens-of-thousands of average Americans.

Covid-19‭ ‬infections now represent the third leading cause of death in America.‭ ‬This is an extremely contagious,‭ ‬crippling,‭ ‬and deadly disease.

Edited to shorten..no need to paste an entire article. That is what the link is for. BertramN
I think it will depend on whether he's re-elected. Another four years of this and our senses will be dulled to national leadership that feels no obligation to remain tethered to honesty or integrity or fundamental decency in any way. Our standards and expectations of the office will have dropped to the point at which we simply no longer HAVE standards. Anything goes.

If we, as a country, decide that we're perfectly comfortable with a President who is this willing to blatantly bullshit us on a daily basis, then we damn well deserve whatever this means. I think it would be bad enough that he'd be able to get 20% to 30% of us to sell our souls to him, let alone come close to winning, and I don't think we're examining this situation NEARLY enough.
But you're comfortable with Biden who is hiding in his basement and doesn't deny that the laptop is genuine?
Of course not. Biden is a terrible candidate. But that has nothing to do with my post.

That is so true.

Yupp!
It's just what they do.

I do not listen to radio and never have since high school. It's noise in a mind that loves classical music, which generally makes me happy.

All I learned from your post was that you and your associates despise authority a president has, and rather than mimicking a clairvoyant by accusing others of listening to things unheard by them, you actually have no idea of their life experiences now or ever. I encourage you to keep your day job because your crystal ball is cracked and severed.

Do have a pleasant life since I generally place people who tell lies on me on my ignore list for inappropriate resolutions listed accusing me of things I had no engagement in whatsoever. I wouldn't mind hearing Mr. Limbaugh's words, however, if I could stand listening to endless noise that radio is to me.

Are you trying to tell me that you got this screwed up all by yourself? I find that hard to believe and would place that in the "Whopper" category.

“The painting of a false picture can be a powerful motivator,‭ ‬and if the motivation leads to a laudable outcome,‭ ‬commentators from Plato to the present have been inclined to excuse the falsehood as‭ ‘‬a noble lie.‭’ ” ‬Unfortunately,‭ ‬not one of the thousands of lies told by the impeached president trump has been of benefit to average Americans.

Aside from zero benefit,‭ ‬some of his lies have actually proved deadly for tens-of-thousands of average Americans.

Covid-19‭ ‬infections now represent the third leading cause of death in America.‭ ‬This is an extremely contagious,‭ ‬crippling,‭ ‬and deadly disease.

Edited to shorten..no need to paste an entire article. That is what the link is for. BertramN
I think it will depend on whether he's re-elected. Another four years of this and our senses will be dulled to national leadership that feels no obligation to remain tethered to honesty or integrity or fundamental decency in any way. Our standards and expectations of the office will have dropped to the point at which we simply no longer HAVE standards. Anything goes.

If we, as a country, decide that we're perfectly comfortable with a President who is this willing to blatantly bullshit us on a daily basis, then we damn well deserve whatever this means. I think it would be bad enough that he'd be able to get 20% to 30% of us to sell our souls to him, let alone come close to winning, and I don't think we're examining this situation NEARLY enough.
But you're comfortable with Biden who is hiding in his basement and doesn't deny that the laptop is genuine?
Of course not. Biden is a terrible candidate. But that has nothing to do with my post.
Your typical weasel.

Your typical weasel.
I gave you a clear and direct answer to your question.

Obviously clear and direct is too complicated for people like you.

I agree with the OP article, but it does not explain root causes.

I’ve felt for decades, from the Vietnam War on, that we have been lied to by the media. What rightwingers call FAKE NEWS today I always saw as “manufactured consent,” insidious propaganda, and collective cultural obsessions — lies told by both parties.

But that was still “democracy.” The U.S. still seemed for most of us a truly “exceptional” Republic doing its thing to save the world from communism. Fighting to make the world “safe for democracy.” Always supposedly improving its own democracy. Of course ours was already really at the same time an evolving international financial empire, what rightwingers today call “globalizing capitalism” — something that would inevitably trash American workers. But it sure seemed to have its strong points too. And the myths it told itself were believed by many.

Now the rot has spread internally to such an extent that even the average Joe sees the lies (from all parties). He just struggles to believe half of the lies, and seeks out “the lesser evil.” In a way that makes sense.

Our society is no longer becoming more democratic. It is not spreading freedom abroad either. In Trump it has accepted a risible demagogue reminiscent of Mussolini, promising to “drain the swamp” and MAGA. Americans want to go backwards to a simpler time, and they refuse to give up the perquisites of their empire even when it is hurting them.

Trump’s pathetic narcissism suits many Americans who want to live in the bubble of the past. Democrats lie as do all politicians, and they have no clear road forward. But Trump’s lies look backwards. They are the bald faced, absurd lies of a cranky old man, who has selfishly promoted himself all his life. He is a creature of the media, a terrible administrator, not a man capable of working with others, a child of privilege who never grew up, a man with a megalomaniacal ego, who needs to be worshipped. He is thus a very poor leader for a country with nuclear weapons facing multiple real challenges.
iu

Forum List

Back