Can Trump Turn Welfare into Workfare

Bush92

GHBush1992
May 23, 2014
In his inaugural address President Trump said he would get people off welfare and back to work. He also mentioned rebuilding our infrastructure. I hope he is planning to make those on welfare and living in government housing go to work everyday painting curbs, fixing potholes, picking up trash, anything to earn their money. Also they should be drug tested for hard drugs. Coke, crack, meth, heroin, PCP, etc.

Last edited:
Bah just let them live.
Put them to work. Obama should have repealed the 1996 limitations of 3 months of food stamps every 3 years and the work requirements. Things forced on Clinton by GOP controlled Congress.

No one can live on food stamps, average household getting food stamps is getting $250 a month.

In his inaugural address President Trump said he would get people off welfare and back to work. He also mentioned rebuilding our infrastructure. I hope he is planning to make those on welfare and living in government housing go to work everyday painting curbs, fixing potholes, picking up trash, anything to earn their money. Also they should be drug tested for hard drugs. Coke, crack, meth, heroin, PCP, etc.

Trump was talking about creating enough jobs so that everyone could work, not about making war on welfare recipients.

No one can live on food stamps, average household getting food stamps is getting $250 a month.
Then they can do $250 worth of work a month. Clean public shitters or something.
If they can....most collecting food stamps already have a full time job, and kids, I can't watch the video on this Kindle...but a single man would not get welfare or food stamps in my state....

We have to get a common sense approach to welfare. For able bodied recipients, a two year approach is most desirable. Give them time to finish high school or acquire a skill and turn them into productive citizens with genuine pride.

Trump was talking about creating enough jobs so that everyone could work, not about making war on welfare recipients.

"Making war on welfare recipients?" FDR never had s single program during Depression where you did not work for your $$$$. Nobody complained back then happy to have the $$$. Today people take social safety net for granted. Trump will bring jobs back and that should help get people earning pay checks again.

Last edited:
Then they can do $250 worth of work a month. Clean public shitters or something.
If they can....most collecting food stamps already have a full time job, and kids, I can't watch the video on this Kindle...but a single man would not get welfare or food stamps in my state....
I will try to post one you can..hold on.

Forum List

Back