Can Trump Get a Jury Who Will Give Him a Fair Shake?

"Can Trump Get a Jury Who Will Give Him a Fair Shake? My Expert Opinion Is Yes, and Here’s Why."​

I too believe Mr. Trump can get a fair trial. Although I find his very person anathema, I believe in the justice system. I will not be upset if the jury finds Mr. Trump innocent. Why? The prosecution still has to prove it's case -- in a court of law: "Better that Ten Guilty Persons Go Free Than that One Innocent Person be Convicted."

quotes:
Of course, Mr. Trump doesn’t want a fair trial. Like any other criminal defendant, he wants a jury that is biased in his favor. But can he get a jury that is able and willing to give him a fair shake?

My answer, based on my more than 40 years as a jury consultant for politicians, celebrities, Wall Street financiers and others accused of criminal wrongdoing, is that he can. Granted, Mr. Trump is as high-profile and polarizing as a defendant can be. But the adversarial nature of the selection process and the remarkable can-do attitude that jurors so often display result in a fair jury almost always.

For Mr. Trump, we’re about to find out

Keeper thread
I'm inclined to say No.

I've been on juries with people who claimed during voire dire that they were unbiased and then in the jury room insisted that every fact in the trial was wrong due to their biased beliefs. People lie to get on juries all the time, ESPECIALLY controversial juries or those in trials of famous people.
Didn’t seem that way with Trump as most of the jury quickly claimed they were biased

Perhaps Cohen shouldn't have gone down either. It is quite clear that enemy democrats will attack anyone with a connection to Trump. These proceedings would jade Stalin blush.
Cohen went down under the Trump admin. He went down because he pled guilty to breaking laws.

Trump was complicate according to cohen and a heap of evidence. But you want to give him a pass? Why?

Cohen went down under the Trump admin. He went down because he pled guilty to breaking laws.

Trump was complicate according to cohen and a heap of evidence. But you want to give him a pass? Why?
Because I do not think a crime was committed at all, by anyone. It's warfare by lawfare.

Well cohen admitted to committing several crimes and Trump was obviously involved so perhaps you just don’t understand the law very well. Either way it will all get flushed out in court
As this is a show trial in a rigged court there will be nothing honest coming out of this trial.

As this is a show trial in a rigged court there will be nothing honest coming out of this trial.
then trump's lawyers will have an easy job of defending Trump.

come on. This court is not going to embarrass itself with any sort of incompetency, with it being the highest profile case in the country.

Cohen took the plea deal because the prosecutors were threatening his family. A tactic multiple democratic prosecutors have used against Trump's associates on several occasions.

"Can Trump Get a Jury Who Will Give Him a Fair Shake? My Expert Opinion Is Yes, and Here’s Why."​

I too believe Mr. Trump can get a fair trial. Although I find his very person anathema, I believe in the justice system. I will not be upset if the jury finds Mr. Trump innocent. Why? The prosecution still has to prove it's case -- in a court of law: "Better that Ten Guilty Persons Go Free Than that One Innocent Person be Convicted."

quotes:
Of course, Mr. Trump doesn’t want a fair trial. Like any other criminal defendant, he wants a jury that is biased in his favor. But can he get a jury that is able and willing to give him a fair shake?

My answer, based on my more than 40 years as a jury consultant for politicians, celebrities, Wall Street financiers and others accused of criminal wrongdoing, is that he can. Granted, Mr. Trump is as high-profile and polarizing as a defendant can be. But the adversarial nature of the selection process and the remarkable can-do attitude that jurors so often display result in a fair jury almost always.

For Mr. Trump, we’re about to find out

Keeper thread
Trump haters will lie to get a chance to be on the jury. Not a snowball's chance in Hell Trump gets a fair trial.

Cohen took the plea deal because the prosecutors were threatening his family. A tactic multiple democratic prosecutors have used against Trump's associates on several occasions.
He has been all over the place for years airing their dirty laundry… do you think it’s all lies?

Forum List

Back