Can the Left define what a woman is?

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Apparently not.

On Tuesday, Rowling criticized Anneliese Dodds, chair of the UK Labour Party and shadow secretary of state for women and equalities, for refusing to define what constitutes a "woman" in a BBC interview.

When asked to define what is a "woman," Dodds said there are "different definitions" and claimed "it does depend what the context is surely."

"Someone please send the Shadow Minister for Equalities a dictionary and a backbone," Rowling responded, adding the hashtag "#HappyInternationalWomensDay."

Rowling then mocked Dodds in direct response to a video the British lawmaker posted for International Women's Day. "This morning you told the British public you literally can't define what a woman is. What's the plan, lift up random objects until you find one that rattles?" Rowling said

Rowling also said, "Apparently, under a Labour government, today will become We Who Must Not Be Named Day."

Then, in response to someone who challenged Rowling about her legacy, Rowling said she plans to forever defend women's rights.

"Yes, sweetheart. I'm staying right here on this hill, defending the right of women and girls to talk about themselves, their bodies and their lives in any way they damn well please," Rowling said. "You worry about your legacy, I'll worry about mine."

Yes, sweetheart. I'm staying right here on this hill, defending the right of women and girls to talk about themselves, their bodies and their lives in any way they damn well please. You worry about your legacy, I'll worry about mine
— J.K. Rowling (@J.K. Rowling) 1646770792

Rowling has been critically outspoken in recent days about Scotland's Gender Recognition Reform Bill, which would further codify progressive transgender ideology in Scottish society. Specifically, Rowling believes the legislation "will harm the most vulnerable women in society."

"Multiple women’s groups have presented well-sourced evidence to [First Minister of Scotland Nicola Sturgeon's] government about the likely negative consequences of this legislation for women and girls, especially the most vulnerable. All has been ignored," Rowling said on Monday.

1646866072223.png

Apparently not.

On Tuesday, Rowling criticized Anneliese Dodds, chair of the UK Labour Party and shadow secretary of state for women and equalities, for refusing to define what constitutes a "woman" in a BBC interview.

When asked to define what is a "woman," Dodds said there are "different definitions" and claimed "it does depend what the context is surely."

"Someone please send the Shadow Minister for Equalities a dictionary and a backbone," Rowling responded, adding the hashtag "#HappyInternationalWomensDay."

Rowling then mocked Dodds in direct response to a video the British lawmaker posted for International Women's Day. "This morning you told the British public you literally can't define what a woman is. What's the plan, lift up random objects until you find one that rattles?" Rowling said

Rowling also said, "Apparently, under a Labour government, today will become We Who Must Not Be Named Day."

Then, in response to someone who challenged Rowling about her legacy, Rowling said she plans to forever defend women's rights.

"Yes, sweetheart. I'm staying right here on this hill, defending the right of women and girls to talk about themselves, their bodies and their lives in any way they damn well please," Rowling said. "You worry about your legacy, I'll worry about mine."

Rowling has been critically outspoken in recent days about Scotland's Gender Recognition Reform Bill, which would further codify progressive transgender ideology in Scottish society. Specifically, Rowling believes the legislation "will harm the most vulnerable women in society."

"Multiple women’s groups have presented well-sourced evidence to [First Minister of Scotland Nicola Sturgeon's] government about the likely negative consequences of this legislation for women and girls, especially the most vulnerable. All has been ignored," Rowling said on Monday.
JK's pretty much being shunned in Britain. If a guy wants to wear a dress or a woman pants (wait don't they do that?) why do we care?

Apparently not.

Why would we want to define who people are?! Live free and die happy! Go with peace

She dare open her mouth and confront Leftists

How shall she be shamed?

Scarlet A perhaps tattooed on her chest?
I don’t mind her opinion. Up to her. I’m just surprised the outcry hasn’t been “shut up and write!” That’s been the response to NBA and NFL athletes on here.

Apparently not.

One that tells you "not interested".

JK's pretty much being shunned in Britain. If a guy wants to wear a dress or a woman pants (wait don't they do that?) why do we care?
In the end it is who gets slaughtered and who does not. Tell us the odds.

Yes, we are aware JK Rowling is a transphobe. Thank you for the latest reminder on this years-old story.

Yes, we are aware JK Rowling is a transphobe.

hmmm

Rowing is a woman, been a female for almost 57 years, and considering the number of books she has written and had published, she is hardly a moron .

If a man had made the claims attributed to her, you might have a point.

pretty sure she knows what a woman is.

question

Is this a man or a woman?

1646867235622.png

hmmm

Rowing is a woman, been a female for almost 57 years, and considering the number of books she has written and had published, she is hardly a moron .

If a man had made the claims attributed to her, you might have a point.

pretty sure she knows what a woman is.

question

Is this a man or a woman?

View attachment 613193

What do you care, Rowling was near-homeless on British welfare when she wrote the first Harry Potter. To you Conservatives she is a bug and not worth a damn - she was a "welfare queen".

Forum List

Back