Can the former administration "run out the clock"?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Maybe we have some people here who are knowledgeable on this stuff.

While the Jan 6 committee is still relatively early in the process, some facts have come to light that certainly indicate that the former administration (a) played a significant role in the planning of the insurrection, and (b) shared plans (such as a freaking Powerpoint, of all things) on how they may be able to overturn the 2020 election, and (c) is trying to leverage the slow justice system to "run out the clock" on the committee, with the assumption that the Dems will get their asses kicked in 2022 and the GOP will immediately, obediently and shamelessly silence the investigation.

So, two questions on this:

1. What do you think the chances are that they can successfully "run out the clock"? I've seen predictions all over the place on this. Some think they can, some don't.
2. If the Justice Department actually goes forward with specific charges, say, "conspiracy to commit sedition", that would take it out of the hands of Congress and the GOP in 2022, wouldn't it?

"conspiracy to commit sedition",
Where you hit a wall is thinking he can be charged and convicted. It's one thing to make a claim and quite another to prove it. Unless they have him recorded on some form of media actually plotting the overthrow of government, you got nothing. Telling people they've been cheated and to protest what was happening - the completion of the steal - is NOT sufficient evidence that he wanted to "overthrow" the government.

Your party in DC are going to become increasingly desperate to take him down between now and '24. It isn't going to happen.

Maybe we have some people here who are knowledgeable on this stuff.

While the Jan 6 committee is still relatively early in the process, some facts have come to light that certainly indicate that the former administration (a) played a significant role in the planning of the insurrection, and (b) shared plans (such as a freaking Powerpoint, of all things) on how they may be able to overturn the 2020 election, and (c) is trying to leverage the slow justice system to "run out the clock" on the committee, with the assumption that the Dems will get their asses kicked in 2022 and the GOP will immediately, obediently and shamelessly silence the investigation.

So, two questions on this:

1. What do you think the chances are that they can successfully "run out the clock"? I've seen predictions all over the place on this. Some think they can, some don't.
2. If the Justice Department actually goes forward with specific charges, say, "conspiracy to commit sedition", that would take it out of the hands of Congress and the GOP in 2022, wouldn't it?

LefTard Logic:

Insurrectionists -
GettyImages-1230454306-1000x667.jpg

GettyImages-1230453213.jpg

Not Insurrectionists-
atlanta-protest-mo_hpMain_20200529-213817_16x9_992.jpg

4ad.jpg

Every time you loons use the word “insurrection“ you lose credibility. NOBODY decent, sane and paying attention can take you seriously.

Where you hit a wall is thinking he can be charged and convicted. It's one thing to make a claim and quite another to prove it. Unless they have him recorded on some form of media actually plotting the overthrow of government, you got nothing. Telling people they've been cheated and to protest what was happening - the completion of the steal - is NOT sufficient evidence that he wanted to "overthrow" the government.

Your party in DC are going to become increasingly desperate to take him down between now and '24. It isn't going to happen.
I've never belonged to a political party, and I could never be a Democrat.

Obviously the Justice Department wouldn't bring a case unless it was confident it would win it. I assumed that was obvious.

Still waiting on some interesting, on-point responses.

"conspiracy to commit sedition",
Hahahaha…..there is no low you Hate America folks won’t stoop to….how far are you willing to go to put your contempt for the First Amendment on full display….how far will you go to suppress speech that doesn’t align with your politics?
Mac, your extreme TDS has forced you to become that far left ”winger” you speak of daily.
Get ahold of yourself bud….Trump owns you and you don’t even know it.

trump called the Jan 6th rioters a "bunch of loser retards" because they failed to restore him to the presidency.

trump doesn't want that known.

Mac, your extreme TDS has forced you to become that far left ”winger” you speak of daily.
And yet, you cowards always run when I want you to back that accusation up with a discussion of the actual issues.

I'm glad I've triggered you again. For the ten thousandth time. Tough shit.

The Republican strategy is to run out the clock and hope for the best in the mid-terms. Despite all the talk that it will be a blow out, I am not all that convinced it will be, at this point any way.

At any rate, I am also not convinced that all the Trumpers not complying with Congressional subpoenas is a great strategy either. What are they all afraid of?

More and more evidence will leak out that the insurrection was more coordinated from the top than thought.

If the Republicans gain the majority in 2022, they will attempt to sweep the investigation under the rug.

Regardless of whether there are indictments, I expect the insurrection as well as the "Big Lie" will be a great part of the 2024 presidential election, especially if Trump is the nominee.

And yet, you cowards always run when I want you to back that accusation up with a discussion of the actual issues.

That‘s the thing bud…nobody sane and without a severe case of TDS cares to discuss desperate pathetic bullshit such as…… “Hey everybody, is there an angle we can use to attack Trump for practicing his First Amendment right?”

I've never belonged to a political party, and I could never be a Democrat.

Obviously the Justice Department wouldn't bring a case unless it was confident it would win it. I assumed that was obvious.

Still waiting on some interesting, on-point responses.
lol.....yea right....

The Republican strategy is to run out the clock and hope for the best in the mid-terms. Despite all the talk that it will be a blow out, I am not all that convinced it will be, at this point any way.

At any rate, I am also not convinced that all the Trumpers not complying with Congressional subpoenas is a great strategy either. What are they all afraid of?

More and more evidence will leak out that the insurrection was more coordinated from the top than thought.

If the Republicans gain the majority in 2022, they will attempt to sweep the investigation under the rug.

Regardless of whether there are indictments, I expect the insurrection as well as the "Big Lie" will be a great part of the 2024 presidential election, especially if Trump is the nominee.
The Repubs should just pull a Prog. Schiff and Nadler to start. Destroy them. And so many others. At the SOTU throw Biden's plans into a trash can and ignite it into a fire. I am telling you there are many people who believe you need to die like you believe for us. Just stay in your areas and stop infecting ours if you come for Prog views. I have no concern for deep blue areas I live in my state. Just like I have no concern for pure redneck areas within the same. SNL will not do skits on them though. May their theatre be vaporized.

its funny how you cant figure out why so many here think you are a democrat....maybe its because you seem to defend them in every thread here....

Forum List

Back