Can someone please argue for how such massive crowds suggested Trump is losing?

Well, what’s done is done. At the end of the day people who voted for Biden have to face the reality that Biden is not capable. Are the deaths in Afghanistan and on our border, plus high gas prices, inflation, COVID deaths, unemployment and a bad economy worth voting President Trump out?
Yep.

Well, what’s done is done. At the end of the day people who voted for Biden have to face the reality that Biden is not capable. Are the deaths in Afghanistan and on our border, plus high gas prices, inflation, COVID deaths, unemployment and a bad economy worth voting President Trump out?
Wasn’t the stock market supposed to crash by now?

I'm sorry, but when I see one candidate drawing in 10's of thousands, the supporters waiting outside for hours, some not even getting in, I have to think that they are going to pull the lever for him in Nov in huge numbers.

Can anyone explain the massive discrepancy between the two candidates and how the polls can be accurate?

He is getting huge crowds during a pandemic. America First is quite popular. Americans fear the radicalism and the unknown, Trump is a known entity now, not a career politician. So, are Trump voters just by some random chance NOT being polled in fair proportions? Can anyone argue how one candidate having such larger crowds, on a daily basis, is somehow behind in the support from voters?
Crowds, especially during a pandemic are not an indicator of support.

Being generous, there may have been 2 million attendees to those super spreader events . Many were at multiple events

160 million people voted

Crowds, especially during a pandemic are not an indicator of support.

Being generous, there may have been 2 million attendees to those super spreader events . Many were at multiple events

160 million people voted
Actually, crowds ARE an indicator of voter enthusiasm, and politicians who ignore them often regret doing so, as Hillary found out when she was put out to pasture.

People will turn up when the circus is in town, but that doesn't mean they'll be voting for the clown.
During the campaign, Quid Pro's sycophants couldn't articulate a reason to vote FOR him and to this day most of the time cannot articulate a defense of him beyond Orange Man Bad. That doesn't translate into love, adoration and support by the public, something Quid Pro would be wise to remember.

What did he say he was going to do that would crash the market?
Massive trade wars. End NAFTA.

I’ve also long stated that people believe presidents affect the economy FAR more than they actually do.

Actually, crowds ARE an indicator of voter enthusiasm, and politicians who ignore them often regret doing so, as Hillary found out when she was put out to pasture.
Enthusiasm ain’t votes. You get ONE vote regardless of your enthusiasm

Wasn’t the stock market supposed to crash by now?

It was never going to crash, that was Trump doing fear mongering. Returning the favor I suppose. All polticians try and invoke fear in voters, to various degrees. I thought it was a silly angle to take since the average voter isn't overly concerned about that long term issue.

Americas biggest problem, isn't the stock market. Off the top of my head, your biggest economic dangers are probably your debt, your inflation due to forcing so much government money into your economy, your 61% employment partcipation, and your 41M citizens trapped on food stamps (and you a giving MORE for each person on that program).

Massive trade wars. End NAFTA.

I’ve also long stated that people believe presidents affect the economy FAR more than they actually do.
But I thought he did trade wars. At least, that's what we were told.

I'm sorry, but when I see one candidate drawing in 10's of thousands, the supporters waiting outside for hours, some not even getting in, I have to think that they are going to pull the lever for him in Nov in huge numbers.

Can anyone explain the massive discrepancy between the two candidates and how the polls can be accurate?

He is getting huge crowds during a pandemic. America First is quite popular. Americans fear the radicalism and the unknown, Trump is a known entity now, not a career politician. So, are Trump voters just by some random chance NOT being polled in fair proportions? Can anyone argue how one candidate having such larger crowds, on a daily basis, is somehow behind in the support from voters?

Duh, Trump attracts CULT crowds. Not everyone is in a CULT. It ain't rocket science...

Enthusiasm ain’t votes. You get ONE vote regardless of your enthusiasm
Yup, but an enthusiastic voter will push other people around them to vote for their candidate far more than will one who is not enthusiastic, and a certain amount of voters will be swayed by that. You can't ignore voter enthusiasm and candidates who do often regret it, see Hillary.

Yup, but an enthusiastic voter will push other people around them to vote for their candidate far more than will one who is not enthusiastic, and a certain amount of voters will be swayed by that. You can't ignore voter enthusiasm and candidates who do often regret it, see Hillary.
You think Biden voters weren’t enthusiastic about getting rid of Trump?

Oh… we were.

We just weren’t going to risk Covid to stand on a crowd

Simple, really. These "massive" crowds mean very little in the scheme of things because they are there only to hear trump pontificate about nothing and pose for the camera, being the ego maniac that he is.
There are many millions of voters who don't care about photo op rallies, and do care more about the state of our country, and our Democracy that is being attacked in the name of autocracy.

Especially the dead ones. Deceased Americans supported Joe overwhelmingly!

Forum List

Back