Can Somebody Please Explain To Me How The Draft Is Worse Than The Current State Of Our Country?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
I'm just curious because in another topic Mr Natural was comparing the draft to slavery. We're currently in a situation where we can be persecuted for being a Trump supporter, lose our 2nd Amendment rights, (have our right to free speech pretty much removed already, and it is controlled what we cook on, what vehicles we drive in, and our parental rights stripped from us and then unborn's right to life and he's worried about the draft.

I'm just curious because in another topic Mr Natural was comparing the draft to slavery. We're currently in a situation where we can be persecuted for being a Trump supporter, lose our 2nd Amendment rights, (have our right to free speech pretty much removed already, and it is controlled what we cook on, what vehicles we drive in, and our parental rights stripped from us and then unborn's right to life and he's worried about the draft.
If by draft you are referring to a breeze blowing across you, just keep enough clothes on, not to catch cold.
If referring to Draft by Selective service, it is simply a matter of the quality of troops you get. A draft does not get a better selection, and there really aren't that many simple gun bunny jobs, and the biggest thing failing most that show up at MEPS Physicals unable to pass a piss test, or having problems in Basic Training due to weight and physical conditioning before they got there. That is with people that volunteered for the military and wanted to be there. With the draft, you still have all of those problems, but then add in the problem of lack of motivation, not wanting to be there or outright hating the military from day 1. Having worked with people forced to be there, I can tell you, the difference is like daylight and dark.

I am not saying there never will be a draft, if the balloon goes up, or actually in that case that there shouldn't be a draft. For it to work and be beneficial it will have to be different from in the old Vietnam War days. Everything is a lot more technical now, requiring on average a more intelligent selection of troops in general. Public schools are turning out a real mediocre product.

Back in the day, you could get a college deferment, while going to college. Don't look for it in the future, as the intelligent ones will be in demand to work with and on modern advanced computer controlled battle systems used down to tank and infantry level, let alone maintenance (where even internal communication is a Deadline Item) to keep that advanced computer controlled battle systems ranging and firing in anything other than degraded m mode, as reaching out and touching somebody from 4,000 plus meters away with a first time hit, before giving your position away, that that does not even address modern attack helicopters and advance fighter aircraft. Selective Service sign up at 18, will always be with us, but the quality of draftees will have to be increased.

Forum List

Back