Can people really change that much?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014

Did he really "evolved" on issues or is he just saying things so people will like him more and vote for him?

I don't really trust politicians.

Imo, politics is generally not difficult. There are one issue voters, and those people are the ones who cannot ever compromise. And there are some of those in the tea party movement who will support no new taxes and who desperately cling to the myth that the budget can be balanced without new taxes. But, generally, people vote on the economy. Unless it's an election of fear, like 2004.

I think the core of the Big Quack's support are people who lost econ share on the recession, and who are older who cannot really re-invent themselves. (my household is partially in this group, btw), They are also angry because W and the gop betrayed them by abandoning conservatism for Iraq and tax cuts/more domestic spending and deficits. (although soon, the expanded medicare benefits will be .... sweeeet) And, after being betrayed, we got a affirm action baby NE elitist who never held a real job as potus. And, now as we see our kids and grandkids as the racial minority, they still get screwed with affirm action not just on getting into schools but with financial aid. So, Trumps views on issues are less important than his bringing a nativist message of anger and social mistrust.

Imo, politics is generally not difficult. There are one issue voters, and those people are the ones who cannot ever compromise. And there are some of those in the tea party movement who will support no new taxes and who desperately cling to the myth that the budget can be balanced without new taxes. But, generally, people vote on the economy. Unless it's an election of fear, like 2004.

I think the core of the Big Quack's support are people who lost econ share on the recession, and who are older who cannot really re-invent themselves. (my household is partially in this group, btw), They are also angry because W and the gop betrayed them by abandoning conservatism for Iraq and tax cuts/more domestic spending and deficits. (although soon, the expanded medicare benefits will be .... sweeeet) And, after being betrayed, we got a affirm action baby NE elitist who never held a real job as potus. And, now as we see our kids and grandkids as the racial minority, they still get screwed with affirm action not just on getting into schools but with financial aid. So, Trumps views on issues are less important than his bringing a nativist message of anger and social mistrust.

You sound aware enough and smart enough not to be sucked into a dangerously inflated "nativist message" or a cynically sown "social mistrust" of The Other. Americans have in the past had the enviable reputation of pulling together in times of crisis.

You sound aware enough and smart enough not to be sucked into a dangerously inflated "nativist message" or a cynically sown "social mistrust" of The Other. Americans have in the past had the enviable reputation of pulling together in times of crisis.
Oh, I'm not voting for the Donald. My life is actually really nice. I'm an aging white, though, so I can see where the Nativist Angst comes from. I live in urban Mississippi where the political leadership is overwhelmingly black. The recession has affected my retirement ... actually I will work till I die. (-:

I should have added that I see where Sanders' support comes from. HE hasn't flip flopped so much as the Donald has. But, younger kids who have degrees and debt and are underemployed have reason to suspect Hillary. Obama is an affirm action baby and elitist from NE (and Chicago) elitism. But he hasn't really governed as one. Obamacare does not really help upper middle class elitists. And Sanders has no black support to speak of. Hillary didn't win the Birkenstock wearing quasi-socialsts in 2006.

Forum List

Back