Can any con here tell me the difference between a moderate liberal and an extremist?

This thread does a great job showing the difference between a reasonable liberal minded person and a far lefty nutter. If you believe the stimulus worked despite failing so remarkably that even Obama admits it failed, then you're a far lefty nutter.

Now Obama admitting it failed does not make him a moderate, he passed the stimulus after alll... He was told it would fail, why it would fail and how it would fail. The stimulus did not meet a single benchmark Obama and his admin themselves set.

If the stimulus had worked we wouldn't be extending UE benefits that were passed as an "emergency" 4-5 years ago, today.

If the stimulus had worked we wouldn't have far less people actually working today than in 2009, or 2010, or 2011... or 2012.....

If the stimulus had worked the FED wouldn't have printed over 2 trillion dollars and just as of this last month "tapered" spending to a whopping 75 billion a month.

So:

Stimulus worked! = far left hack

I wanted the stimulus to work but it didn't.... = Moderate Democrat

The stimulus was bullshit! = Republican

The stimulus prolonged the recession and here is why "_____________" Constitutional conservative/Libertarian.

Just because the stimulus didn't do as well as promised doesn't mean it didn't work. It still turned a free fall of jobs into job growth. It is the reason we are even in a recovery. The problem is that it was too small.

You're saying that the stimulus is the reason we're in a recovery but the economy is worse than even the Obama administration predicted it would be WITHOUT the stimulus. That's very faulty logic.

Billy ain't too bright....

I don't think any of you can. I have never seen anyone here make the distinction. You instead choose to believe all liberals think the same way as if we are part of some giant clubhouse. I wish you understood how simple minded this kind of thinking is.

Or better yet, how about you also explain the difference between a moderate conservative and a conservative extremist,

Look the overwhelming majority of Americans are middle of the road. If one leans a "little" left they're still considered a moderate liberal--but they only represent 20% of the nation. If one leans to the right--which is the majority in this nation--they are considered moderate Republicans--aka "rhinos."

Now for the extremists on both sides--(the left and the right). The extreme left believes that everything should be for free--free college education--free health care--free child care--free everything--but they fail all of the time because they can't figure out how we're going to pay for all this stuff--or they have yet to realize that really NOTHING is free. They're easy to spot because they typically have this "I am a victim" mentality.

Now for the extreme right: They are typically what I refer to as social conservatives. It's typically their way or the highway. They are most attracted to the Rick Santorum type candidates. Family values--no abortions under any circumstances--and of course the I am not going to pay for anyone's birth control pills. They are more than likely single issue voters (abortion/gay marriage/immigration)--is usually all they care about. With them--they don't seem to realize that you cannot legislate the personal behavior or their version of morality from Washington D.C.-onto others, -but they still give it one heck of a try--and in all their efforts usually lose elections.

That about sums it up!

politics-lunatic_fringe-leftwing-right_wing-right_wing-political_spectrum-jcon5331l.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back