Can a hospital patient refuse to have any visitors?

RandomPoster

Platinum Member
May 22, 2017
If someone is in the hospital for a day or so, can they tell the hospital no visitors allowed under any circumstances, even immediate family?

Yes. Is the Hospital bound by their request?

I don't know.

I do know that if a hospital tried to Keep Me from visiting a loved one who was about to die, there would be a lot of bleeding healthcare workers. Might even be some deaths.

They need to ask themselves if it is worth it.

If someone is in the hospital for a day or so, can they tell the hospital no visitors allowed under any circumstances, even immediate family?
I thought that was the standard policy these days. No visitors period.
Yes. Good luck enforcing that if I have a loved one that is about to die.
I can tell you my next door neighbor was dying in a hospital a couple months ago and his family was not allowed in. They finally brought him home so his family could see him.

I think it differs place to place. No visitors for my MIL, but a couple weeks ago, James was allowed 1. I spent two nights sleeping like a pretzel in their terrible excuse for a chair.

Now I need the surgery. Spinal surgery.

I believe there is a pretty big distinction between the hospital saying no visitors and the hospital saying the patient said no visitors and that the patient only agreed to be admitted on the condition the hospital promised to abide by his wishes.

I think it differs place to place. No visitors for my MIL, but a couple weeks ago, James was allowed 1. I spent two nights sleeping like a pretzel in their terrible excuse for a chair.

Now I need the surgery. Spinal surgery.
I remember many years ago sleeping on the floor in my Grandma's hospital room during her last days. I feel your pain.

You would kill to watch death...that is some hardcore seventh level of Hell shit there.
I would kill to say goodbye.

You would kill to watch death...that is some hardcore seventh level of Hell shit there.
I would kill to say goodbye.
Darkwind...Death's last goodbye.

Forum List

Back