Calm act

CALM Act

• Total voters
You're the one who thinks the government's going to kidnap you, strap you to a chair, and force you to watch commercials at deafening volume.
The commercials are already at a deafening volume compared to the show.

Do you actually know what this thread is about? I'm beginning to doubt it.

You're the one who thinks the government's going to kidnap you, strap you to a chair, and force you to watch commercials at deafening volume.

:lol: Don't mind Buttemia, he's what people used to call an hysteric.

:confused: We, as in we the people. It is a fact of live that we as a group of people own the airwaves. The broadcasters do not.

If you think the government is still 'we the people' then that's pretty sad. It stopped being 'we the people' a long time ago.
No it didn't. It is not we, the peoples fault that some of the people elect assholes.

Rav you know we're cool and all, but this was a stupid post.

No it didn't. It is not we, the peoples fault that some of the people elect assholes.

How so?

Well it's contradicting as hell. We the people do the electing. So if there's assholes being elected, it's the fault of we the people.

And considering it takes a majority to elect someone, it's disingenuous to say "some" of the people elect assholes. If an asshole is elected, MOST of the people elected them.

How so?

Well it's contradicting as hell. We the people do the electing. So if there's assholes being elected, it's the fault of we the people.

And considering it takes a majority to elect someone, it's disingenuous to say "some" of the people elect assholes. If an asshole is elected, MOST of the people elected them.
Most of the people in Kentucky elected assholes.

How so?

Point taken.

"Deafening"??

REALLY??? :confused:
Comparatively, yes.

That's a sensationalist comparison. It's a matter of a few decibels. I don't know the exact spread, but to say the difference is "deafening" is just stirring up shit.

That someone would feel the need for the government to solve this otherwise insignificant problem is pretty pathetic.

"Deafening"??

Comparatively, yes.

That's a sensationalist comparison. It's a matter of a few decibels. I don't know the exact spread, but to say the difference is "deafening" is just stirring up shit.

That someone would feel the need for the government to solve this otherwise insignificant problem is pretty pathetic.

Yea, that anyone would want money spent on this "problem" when the alternative is to use your fucking volume control on your (already pathetic re:laziness) REMOTE CONTROL.............waste of life.

"Deafening"??

Comparatively, yes.

Don't you get it? THEY'RE GOING TO RUN UP IN YOUR HOUSE AND FORCE YOU TO WATCH TV WITH THE COMMERCIALS BLARING IF WE DON'T PASS THIS BILL

I mean, it's not like you can mute the tv or turn the damned thing off!!!!!11!

we're being forced to watch tv and suffer loud commercials...

the government must act

The only time I give a commercial my attention is during the Super Bowl. And that's only because I'm expecting humor.

Who the hell sits there and lets a commercial play out? There's 4231786215623784237825890168236162378914527801457890 channels to watch, why the fuck are you watching a commercial?

Comparatively, yes.

Yea, that anyone would want money spent on this "problem" when the alternative is to use your fucking volume control on your (already pathetic re:laziness) REMOTE CONTROL.............waste of life.

Shame there's no way to just turn the tv off...

or buy a tv with volume normalization

shame noone sells a product designed to solve this problem

Shame there's no way to just turn the tv off...

or buy a tv with volume normalization

shame noone sells a product designed to solve this problem

Mine didn't come with volume controls or an off button. I signed a waiver of rights and once I turned it on I accepted my fate.

Only the government can save me now.

"Deafening"??

Comparatively, yes.

When you have your TV up a bit loud because you are watching a show where people are talking quietly, and in a second you have a Billy Mays-type screaming at you, it's more than a few decibels.

Why should someone have to spend money to avoid blaring commercials when those broadcasting the blaring commercials could tone them down for free?

Comparatively, yes.

When you have your TV up a bit loud because you are watching a show where people are talking quietly, and in a second you have a Billy Mays-type screaming at you, it's more than a few decibels.

What rationale would you offer a logical person in favor of spending money on this issue, rather than using the volume controls provided by your television or remote control?

Why should someone have to spend money to avoid blaring commercials when those broadcasting the blaring commercials could tone them down for free?

Hitting ( - ) on the remote control costs nothing.

Forum List

Back