Calling All Beck Hate Bots!!!

Because it was his decision.

Of course, the left has no problem pretending he's lost 300 sponsors that never sponsored the show to begin with.

Did Fox, the network that his show aired on, lose sponsors because of Glen Beck? Yes or no. Spare me the silly little snarky "somehow it's the left's fault" comment. Just answer that one little question.

Again, on any other occasion you people would be screaming about the property rights of the company that decided to drop a commentator.

Ive seen no evidence that they've lost any sponsors whatsoever.

I've seen people claim that businesses that never sponsored the show or network "stopped" but as they never sponsored to begin with, I know those were lies.

Then I guess you need to send Fox News an email and let them know that their decision just doesn't meet your standards.

Then I guess you need to send Fox News an email and let them know that their decision just doesn't meet your standards.

Where on earth did you get the idea that the decision Beck and Fox made doesn't meet my standards? Because I don't accept the lies being said about the reasoning?

This is what I don't get;

Even with a large loss of viewers, he's still ranked #1 in his time slot.
So why dump him?

anyway, rumor has it the Judge may take over his slot. I hope not, I think Stossel would be a much better choice.

Of course, the left has no problem pretending he's lost 300 sponsors that never sponsored the show to begin with.

Did Fox, the network that his show aired on, lose sponsors because of Glen Beck? Yes or no. Spare me the silly little snarky "somehow it's the left's fault" comment. Just answer that one little question.

Again, on any other occasion you people would be screaming about the property rights of the company that decided to drop a commentator.

I've seen no evidence that they did. I doubt that any of Fox's regular programming is 'sponsored'. Advertisers buy advertising to be aired within a certain time frame and they pay premium rates to get premium air time. But some actually choose the daytime slots because they're cheaper and on the theory their targeted demographics will be likely watching then.

The producers/programmers assign the ads where they would best fit which could be anywhere within a three-hour time frame.

Some advertisers, when they found out their ads had been aired during Beck's show, requested they be moved to news programs because they did not want to be associated with ANY political programming. I'm sure some specifcally didn't want to be associated with Beck but I am unaware of any who put it that way.

But no, I doubt Fox lost any advertisers and if they did, there are plenty lined up to take any slots that come open. You don't have ratings like Fox gets without attracting lots of advertisers.

Last edited:

Ive seen no evidence that they've lost any sponsors whatsoever.

I've seen people claim that businesses that never sponsored the show or network "stopped" but as they never sponsored to begin with, I know those were lies.

In this <<LINK>> Dana Milbank, Washngton Post columnist, says that Beck (along with G Edward Griffen) subscribes to the conspiracies surrounding the fraudulent "Protocols of the Elders of Zion. I didn't get that from Beck when Griffen appeared on a Beck show (it's called "The Glen Beck Show"), I believe back on the 25th of March. Sure there's scepticism about the doings of the Fed, but I didn't get the hint of a conspiracy.

Here's the 25 March GB show with Griffen on the Federal Reserve.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eChJd9Dobbw]YouTube - Glenn Beck Special on The Federal Reserve 3-25-11[/ame]

After watching this show I ordered Griffen's book "The Creature from Jekyl Island" to acquaint myself with Griffen's point of view. Personally I see the Fed as a necessary accouterment of the financial system, without which we would be forced to leave our politicians to their own devices with, not only fiscal policy, but also monetary policy, which it seems to me would be a deadly dangerous combination.

Anyway,,, . . . I just thought I'd share that with you, if you want to add any of that to the discussion.

Last edited:
The breakup will take away one of Fox News's biggest daily draws. Mr. Beck has averaged 2.2 million viewers in his 5 p.m. weeknight time slot since its 2009 debut, Fox News said, helping funnel a big audience into the channel's prime-time block. That block, including Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity, dominates its competitors, Time Warner Inc.'s CNN and Comcast Corp.'s MSNBC.

But Mr. Beck's ratings have fallen recently, down to an average of 1.8 million viewers in March, according to Nielsen Co., down 39% from a year earlier. Among viewers between the ages of 25 and 54, the cohort sold to news advertisers, Mr. Beck averaged 413,000 viewers in March, down 49% from a year earlier, Nielsen said.

Glenn Beck Show on Fox Set to End - WSJ.com

Im not much of a Beck watcher....but I think he has a point about Soros.

Iv'e watched him less than I had since the end of the year because of his appeals to religion, but that's just me; but I suspect there are lots of people just like me. I never saw in his comments any allusion to conspiracies at all. Is there tacit sometimes even coordinated collusion to create a desired impact? What do you think?

Last edited:
Fox News' "Glenn Beck" loses advertisers
By Kenneth Hein

Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:00pm EDT

NEW YORK (Nielsen Business Media) - Some of the nation's biggest advertisers are distancing themselves from Fox News host Glenn Beck after he called President Obama a racist during a July 28 broadcast.

Geico has pulled its ads from Fox News Channel's "The Glenn Beck Program." Lawyers.com, which is owned by LexisNexis, also has vowed not to advertise during the program, according to Color of Change, an African-American online political organization that has been urging advertisers to stop supporting the show.

Additionally, Procter & Gamble, Progressive Insurance and SC Johnson all said their ad placements during the broadcast were made in error and that they would correct the mistake.

The controversy stems from Beck's comment that President Obama is a "racist" with "a deep-seated hatred for white people."

Fox News' Glenn Beck loses advertisers | Reuters

the first hit I got.

that crow will taste better with some BBQ sauce on it :D

NEW YORK | Glenn Beck returned to the Fox News Channel on Monday after a vacation with fewer companies willing to advertise on his show than when he left, part of the fallout from calling President Obama a racist.

A total of 33 Fox advertisers, including Wal-Mart Stores Inc., CVS Caremark, Clorox and Sprint, directed that their commercials not air on Mr. Beck’s show, according to the companies and ColorofChange.org, a group that promotes political action among blacks and launched a campaign to get advertisers to abandon him. That’s more than a dozen than were identified a week ago.

Glenn Beck loses advertisers - Washington Times

thsi was the fourth hit.
The second and third were something about hates beck.com or somesuch so I skipped them.

F165E28DB0606FF5B5FC33CA82.jpg

GE' EEN MAH BELLEH YE SNIVVLIN' LI'L BEBBIES AN' YER GRANSIRE'S TEW!

So tasteh wi' tha ri' dippin' sauce!

Where on earth did you get the idea that the decision Beck and Fox made doesn't meet my standards? Because I don't accept the lies being said about the reasoning?

Indeed, do you think Fox news is lying to itself?

:rofl:

I'm SURE there is a liberal ninja causing this ruckus! From the Soros Ninja Clan!

I've seen no evidence that they did. I doubt that any of Fox's regular programming is 'sponsored'. Advertisers buy advertising to be aired within a certain time frame and they pay premium rates to get premium air time. But some actually choose the daytime slots because they're cheaper and on the theory their targeted demographics will be likely watching then.

The producers/programmers assign the ads where they would best fit which could be anywhere within a three-hour time frame.

Some advertisers, when they found out their ads had been aired during Beck's show, requested they be moved to news programs because they did not want to be associated with ANY political programming. I'm sure some specifcally didn't want to be associated with Beck but I am unaware of any who put it that way.

But no, I doubt Fox lost any advertisers and if they did, there are plenty lined up to take any slots that come open. You don't have ratings like Fox gets without attracting lots of advertisers.

oh, ok.. well, I look forward to the evidence that you are about to post that suggests that no add revenue was lost to Fox because of Beck.

You know, since I'm posting evidence otherwise.

Fox News drops Glenn Beck show; cites low ratings, advertiser boycott

Fox News drops Glenn Beck show; cites low ratings, advertiser boycott | masslive.com

Fox News' "Glenn Beck" loses advertisers

Fox News' Glenn Beck loses advertisers | Reuters

August 17, 2009

More companies pull Beck ads: Wal-Mart, CVS, Best Buy

Earlier today, I noted that GMAC Financial Service will cease advertising on Glenn Beck's Fox show — but that's not all.

ColorOfChange, an African-American online political organization that’s targeted Beck’s advertisers since his calling Obama a “racist,” says in a release that eight companies confirmed today they’re pulling ads from the top-rated Fox News show. The list of 20 companies now includes Wal-Mart, CVS, and Best Buy.

More companies pull Beck ads: Wal-Mart, CVS, Best Buy - - POLITICO.com

August 23, 2009

Beck boycott continues; will advertisers drop commentary shows?

As Glenn Beck returns to the air Monday, following a long-planned vacation, the Fox News star still has to deal with an advertiser boycott that’s grown by about a dozen companies since last week, according to the Associated Press.
Beck boycott continues; will advertisers drop commentary shows? - - POLITICO.com

Fox News, Glenn Beck Lose Advertisers

Glenn Beck of Fox News is under major fire for calling President Barack Obama a racist. As a result of his words, ColorofChange.org did exactly what any intelligent organization should do: they hit Beck in the wallet. Their efforts have worked. Since Beck's attacks against the president, 33 advertisers have run from his show, leading to massive revenue losses for Fox.
Dr. Boyce Money: Fox News, Glenn Beck Lose Advertisers - BV on Money

People who are fired, usually don't continue working for them for the rest of the year.

Interesting thing, I was just listening to Glenn about his plans and when he does transition off of Fox, he is still planning to "meet with America" every day on his website until he is ready for the next stage.

It should be interesting to see what he is up to. But I can tell you this, it sure as heck doesn't sound like he had no choice in this. Nor is he going to stop talking considering he has been hiring people like crazy lately.

He's going to be louder than ever when all this is said and done.

Forum List

Back