Call for boycott of the rose bowl parade

I just heard that the Boy Scouts are officially allowing gay people in the organization next year. Oh no!!!!!

Nothing like sex practices as your identifier.

Great around kids.

I'm glad my son is straight and almost 18. I'd hate to raise a small child in an anything is okay world. As this one is becoming.

Yep.

Scoutmaster's sexuality of primary discussion and knowledge = fucked as a society

Lol. No i'm a minority, a strait white male. You know the kind of person liberals dislike. Oh yeah and i support myself so i'm really hated by your type. Now go on and cash your goverment check
funny I'm a strait white male and support myself and I don't make false and ignorant assumptions like you.....

Call them as i see them. I don't enjoy seeing half naked men dancing around like little school girls. That's what the gay parades are for and i can choose wether to attend or not. Just like if i want to see a bunch of womens tits i go to a tittie bar. There is a time and place or everything.
another false assumption....my guess I will look like any other wedding except no one will be wearing a dress.

Doggone it! The Rose Bowl Parade and game have been a tradition in my household for decades. It is a great way to relax in front of the TV on New Year's Day while getting over a hangover. As my son will be watching, looks like we will skip the parade, and just watch the game.

Good choice

Football is a manly game
Watching a parade full of flowers could turn your son gay
Well, our faith does not condone homosexuality, so it would clearly set a bad example. At his age he should have to worry about why there is a conflict between his faith and a gay float on a parade.
non tolerant Christians.....no surprise there!

Because most of the time they flaunt their gaynes, what ever they wear is small, flambouyant, and stupid looking.

Vis a vis a 10 Gallon cowboy hat, boots with rhinestones and a pointed toe driving a 1 ton Ford Ranger with extra large tail pipes to Wal-Mart to buy steaks.

So that offends you? He is fully clothed, minding his own buisness, buying dinner. He isn't trying to get national attention to push an agenda and trying to offend anyone that disagrees. There is a difference.
false.....

Good choice

Football is a manly game
Watching a parade full of flowers could turn your son gay
Well, our faith does not condone homosexuality, so it would clearly set a bad example. At his age he should not have to worry about why there is a conflict between his faith and a gay float on a parade.
Call me what you want, however if I have to choose between renouncing my faith or not acknowledging homosexuality, there is no contest, my faith supersedes all else. My faith has been with me a lifetime, and will be with me till my final breath.

Well, our faith does not condone homosexuality, so it would clearly set a bad example. At his age he should not have to worry about why there is a conflict between his faith and a gay float on a parade.
Call me what you want, however if I have to choose between renouncing my faith or not acknowledging homosexuality, there is no contest, my faith supersedes all else. My faith has been with me a lifetime, and will be with me till my final breath.

What did Jesus say about gay people?

melodrama at it's finest...not acknowledging homosexuality is not acknowledging reality....god/jesus never said gays or me.

"Tolerance" is a two way street. I support Phil Robertson's right to state his beliefs on homosexuality. I also support homosexuals who do the same. :thup:

I will be at the Rose Parade in a few days. Two fags getting married on a float will not take away any of my enjoyment of the event...

Would the aids brigade allow a gun float ?

Guns and Roses?

for now it's just "Buns and Hoses".....

:lol:

Jesus said some are born gay.

Here Jesus refers to "eunuchs who have been so from birth." This terminology ("born eunuchs") was used in the ancient world to refer to homosexual men. Jesus indicates that being a "born eunuch" is a gift from God.
Listen to a sermon on this topic:

Some Christians confidently assert that God did not create homosexual people "that way." This is important because they realize if God did create gays "that way," rejecting them would be tantamount to rejecting God’s work in creation. In pressing their “creation order” argument, some Christians are fond of saying, "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!" To bolster their position, they often cite Jesus’ words in Matthew 19:4-5, where he responds to a question about whether divorce is permissible:

“Jesus answered, ‘Have you not read that the One who made them at the beginning made them male and female, and said, “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife and the two shall become one flesh”? Therefore, what God has joined together, let no one separate.’ ”

From these words, some Christians draw the conclusion that heterosexuality is the creation norm and, thus, heterosexual marriage is the only legitimate way for people to form romantic relationships. Ironically, Jesus’ own words in this very same passage refute these conclusions.

As the dialogue continues, Jesus’ disciples are disturbed by his strict teaching on divorce. The disciples say that if divorce is not a ready option, perhaps it would be best for a man not to marry a woman. Jesus responds:

“Not everyone can accept this teaching, but only those to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.” (Matthew 19:11-12)

Here Jesus identifies three classes of men who should not marry women. Taking his categories in reverse order, first, there are those who have made themselves “eunuchs” for the kingdom of heaven, i.e., those who foreswear marriage to better serve God. Second, he mentions those who have been “made eunuchs by others,” an apparent reference to castrated males. But Jesus mentions a third category — eunuchs who were born that way. Some might argue that Jesus was referring to males born without testicles, but this would be extremely rare. Moreover, this interpretation ignores how the term “born eunuchs” was used in other literature of the time.

In the ancient world, including ancient Jewish culture (as reflected in the Talmud), “natural” or “born” eunuchs were not associated with missing testicles. Rather, they were associated with stereotypically effeminate characteristics and behavior (just like modern gay men), and were thought by Rabbi Eliezer to be subject to “cure” (just like modern gays). Moreover, as we have also seen, eunuchs were commonly associated with homosexual desire. (For a complete discussion of the term "born eunuch" and the connection with homosexuality, see The Early Church Welcomed a Gay Man.) As a reasonably informed person of his time, Jesus would have been aware of this common view of eunuchs. Yet he very matter-of-factly asserts that some people are simply born that way. The implication of his statement is profound — God created gay people the way they are! Jesus says so.

Unlike Rabbi Eliezer, Jesus feels no need to “cure” these born eunuchs. He speaks no words of condemnation. Rather he lists people born gay alongside another honored class (eunuchs for the kingdom), and accepts them as a natural part of God’s creation order.

Thus, when Matthew 19 is read as a whole, we see Jesus teaches that most people are created for heterosexual marriage. (We too accept this as God’s predominant creation paradigm.) But, unlike some modern Christians, Jesus does not see this as the only honorable way to live. He acknowledges that some human beings have been created by God to follow a less common, but equally legitimate path. There are some who have been eunuchs from birth — made that way by God.

Would Jesus Discriminate? - Jesus said some are born gay

Going off on a tangent here, sort of off topic. I also don't like to quote from the bible, and I am sure you've read the following verses:

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,

1 Timothy 1:10
The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

1 Corinthians 7:2
But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

However, if you can somehow guarantee me that God will forgive me for acknowledging homosexuality, then I am willing to listen.

Here Jesus refers to "eunuchs who have been so from birth." This terminology ("born eunuchs") was used in the ancient world to refer to homosexual men. Jesus indicates that being a "born eunuch" is a gift from God.

Some Christians confidently assert that God did not create homosexual people "that way." This is important because they realize if God did create gays "that way," rejecting them would be tantamount to rejecting God’s work in creation. In pressing their “creation order” argument, some Christians are fond of saying, "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve!" To bolster their position, they often cite Jesus’ words in Matthew 19:4-5, where he responds to a question about whether divorce is permissible:

“Jesus answered, ‘Have you not read that the One who made them at the beginning made them male and female, and said, “For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife and the two shall become one flesh”? Therefore, what God has joined together, let no one separate.’ ”

From these words, some Christians draw the conclusion that heterosexuality is the creation norm and, thus, heterosexual marriage is the only legitimate way for people to form romantic relationships. Ironically, Jesus’ own words in this very same passage refute these conclusions.

As the dialogue continues, Jesus’ disciples are disturbed by his strict teaching on divorce. The disciples say that if divorce is not a ready option, perhaps it would be best for a man not to marry a woman. Jesus responds:

“Not everyone can accept this teaching, but only those to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.” (Matthew 19:11-12)

Here Jesus identifies three classes of men who should not marry women. Taking his categories in reverse order, first, there are those who have made themselves “eunuchs” for the kingdom of heaven, i.e., those who foreswear marriage to better serve God. Second, he mentions those who have been “made eunuchs by others,” an apparent reference to castrated males. But Jesus mentions a third category — eunuchs who were born that way. Some might argue that Jesus was referring to males born without testicles, but this would be extremely rare. Moreover, this interpretation ignores how the term “born eunuchs” was used in other literature of the time.

In the ancient world, including ancient Jewish culture (as reflected in the Talmud), “natural” or “born” eunuchs were not associated with missing testicles. Rather, they were associated with stereotypically effeminate characteristics and behavior (just like modern gay men), and were thought by Rabbi Eliezer to be subject to “cure” (just like modern gays). Moreover, as we have also seen, eunuchs were commonly associated with homosexual desire. (For a complete discussion of the term "born eunuch" and the connection with homosexuality, see The Early Church Welcomed a Gay Man.) As a reasonably informed person of his time, Jesus would have been aware of this common view of eunuchs. Yet he very matter-of-factly asserts that some people are simply born that way. The implication of his statement is profound — God created gay people the way they are! Jesus says so.

Unlike Rabbi Eliezer, Jesus feels no need to “cure” these born eunuchs. He speaks no words of condemnation. Rather he lists people born gay alongside another honored class (eunuchs for the kingdom), and accepts them as a natural part of God’s creation order.

Thus, when Matthew 19 is read as a whole, we see Jesus teaches that most people are created for heterosexual marriage. (We too accept this as God’s predominant creation paradigm.) But, unlike some modern Christians, Jesus does not see this as the only honorable way to live. He acknowledges that some human beings have been created by God to follow a less common, but equally legitimate path. There are some who have been eunuchs from birth — made that way by God.

Jesus did not ever directly address homosexuality. He did however define marriage as between one man and one woman when he was asked about marriage. This implies that he would not accept that marriage could exist between two men or two women.

Jesus also said that we need to obey the commandments. One of which states "do not fornicate" which is any sexual act outside of marriage (adultery). Since Jesus said that marriage can only occur between a man and woman this means that any homosexual act is considered by him to be adultery.

Going off on a tangent here, sort of off topic. I also don't like to quote from the bible, and I am sure you've read the following verses:

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,

The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

But because of the temptation to sexual immorality, each man should have his own wife and each woman her own husband.

However, if you can somehow guarantee me that God will forgive me for acknowledging homosexuality, then I am willing to listen.

You are kidding, right?

You don't like to quote the bible? Why is that? Is it because you paint yourself into a corner?

I don't believe in any god.....but I am pretty sure that yours is supposed to forgive anyone for anything....so long as you repent. Is that not the case?

Last edited:
So that offends you? He is fully clothed, minding his own buisness, buying dinner. He isn't trying to get national attention to push an agenda and trying to offend anyone that disagrees. There is a difference.
false.....

How?
the the faux cowboy is seeking just as much attention as the "evil" gays.
fully clothed :lol:
and he has his own agenda,just like you.
gays offend to defend not the other way around.
it's simple, mind your own business and let them mind theirs...

You are kidding, right?

Ou don't like to quote the bible? Why is that? Is it because you paint yourself into a corner?

I don't believe in any god.....but I am pretty sure that yours is supposed to forgive anyone for anything....so long as you repent. Is that not the case?
If you believe in an afterlife as I do, then there is no guarantee that all is forgiven. Will God forgive serial killers?

Jesus did not ever directly address homosexuality. He did however define marriage as between one man and one woman when he was asked about marriage. This implies that he would not accept that marriage could exist between two men or two women.

Jesus also said that we need to obey the commandments. One of which states "do not fornicate" which is any sexual act outside of marriage (adultery). Since Jesus said that marriage can only occur between a man and woman this means that any homosexual act is considered by him to be adultery.
the award for the best failed dodge goes too....
how can people who claim to believe in Jesus sidestep, ignore or intentionally misinterpret what he said...
no wonder there are schisms in christianity.

schism[ skízzəm ]
division in religious denomination: a major split within an established religious denomination, usually on the grounds of differences in belief or practice, leading to the setting up of a separate breakaway organization, or the offense of causing such a split
divisive unpleasant split: the division of a group into mutually antagonistic factions
faction: a faction formed as a result of a schism

You are kidding, right?

Ou don't like to quote the bible? Why is that? Is it because you paint yourself into a corner?

If you believe in an afterlife as I do, then there is no guarantee that all is forgiven. Will God forgive serial killers?
from your pov he made them .....

Forum List

Back