California wildfires: Family whose gender-reveal party sparked huge blaze could face multi-million dollar fine

james bond

Gold Member
Oct 17, 2015
Is it about you show me yours and I'll show you mine?

Not really, but still a dumb thing to do when the land is so dry and dangerous.

"The family who set off a firework during a gender-reveal gathering that sparked a huge blaze in southern California could face charges and multi-millon dollar fines, California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Cal Fire) has said.

Cal Fire confirmed in a statement on Sunday evening that the El Dorado blaze in Yucaipa — which officials say has torn through some 8,600 acres of land and was only 7 per cent contained on Monday — was started by a smoke generating "pyrotechnic device", used during “a gender-reveal party”.

Gender-reveal parties are gatherings where parents expecting a baby hold an event to reveal its sex to family and close friends. At some parties, parents use exploding coloured pyrotechnics to celebrate — blue for a boy and pink for a girl."

"The family who set off a firework during a gender-reveal gathering that sparked a huge blaze in southern California could face charges and multi-millon dollar fines, California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (Cal Fire) has said.

Cal Fire confirmed in a statement on Sunday evening that the El Dorado blaze in Yucaipa — which officials say has torn through some 8,600 acres of land and was only 7 per cent contained on Monday — was started by a smoke generating "pyrotechnic device", used during “a gender-reveal party”.

Gender-reveal parties are gatherings where parents expecting a baby hold an event to reveal its sex to family and close friends. At some parties, parents use exploding coloured pyrotechnics to celebrate — blue for a boy and pink for a girl."

A "gender reveal" party. What THE FUCK?

It makes no difference what the gender of a Californian newborn is. The "teachers" in California's demented school system can reassign the child's gender.

A "gender reveal" party. What THE FUCK?
I know" right?

when I was young and wanted to reveal my gender I always followed the time-honored way.

it was always by myself and wearing a trench coat.

It makes no difference what the gender of a Californian newborn is. The "teachers" in California's demented school system can reassign the child's gender.

I was thinking that. How sexist to have a gender reveal party. What if the child doesn't believe their gender assignment to begin with? How cruel.

Well I guess this an Omen for Damian here so they probably should Hoover him or her outta there..

Forum List

Back