California wants people that own wells to pay for their own water

It's illegal to collect rainwater in Oregon, or at least some places ... as I understand the matter, this practice is widespread here ... evil DemoNaziFacist Salem/Sacramento Axis of Evil ...

It's illegal to collect rainwater in Oregon, or at least some places ... as I understand the matter, this practice is widespread here ... evil DemoNaziFacist Salem/Sacramento Axis of Evil ...

Yeah, I was thinking about moving up there some years ago and settle on an acre of land with a pond on it.
While I was researching, I came across that little nugget of fuktardedness!!! And then read about how it's illegal to even have a pond on your property!!!

Liberal greed knows no bounds.

Sometimes people bitch about the water rates we pay here in Pennsylvania for water delivered by Aqua America. But they actually collect, sanitize and process the water, and deliver it through pipes.

What the lib idea here, for the government to put a water meter on your well?

In many instances if you don't have the deed giving water, mineral, or air rights stipulated you are SOL.

In many instances if you don't have the deed giving water, mineral, or air rights stipulated you are SOL.

And there is it !

A tax on the AIR you breathe coming soon to a liberal Utopia near you.

Taxes are the most clever and innocuous means of bankrupting the citizens of a society ever devised by the wicked.
Through taxes, you simultaneously empower the wicked and hand them absolute control over you.

And there is it !

A tax on the AIR you breathe coming soon to a liberal Utopia near you.

Taxes are the most clever and innocuous means of bankrupting the citizens of a society ever devised by the wicked.
Through taxes, you simultaneously empower the wicked and hand them absolute control over you.

Indeed ... the Federal Government claims exclusive rights to regulate the air between ground and 60,000 feet (FL600) ...

Apparently the DemoNaziFascists in Salem aren't quite as evil as you imagine. It is apparently not illegal to collect rainwater in Oregon. But by all means demonize people without doing any research.

BTW: Good luck with the "State of Jefferson". The mouthbreathers out east can go to Idaho if they want, but they ain't takin' any Oregon land with 'em.

Apparently the DemoNaziFascists in Salem aren't quite as evil as you imagine. It is apparently not illegal to collect rainwater in Oregon. But by all means demonize people without doing any research.

BTW: Good luck with the "State of Jefferson". The mouthbreathers out east can go to Idaho if they want, but they ain't takin' any Oregon land with 'em.

How many accounts do you need to spew your lies? ...

From "Is it Illegal to Collect Rainwater" -- World Water Reserve -- Jan 29th, 2022 ...

"Since water rights vary from state to state it's important for you to check with your own state's legislation before setting up your rainwater harvesting system. Some states such as Arkansas, Colorado, Kansas, Oregon, Utah, and Washington may require a permit before rainwater catchment can be implemented. But the majority of states have no restriction at all while some states even encourage rainwater harvesting with incentives." [emphasis mine]

ORS 558.020 if you want one legal citation ... there may be more ... and some of this will be in the county codes ...

The vast geographic region of Oregon is MOSTLY desert ... where city water systems depend on rainwater ... some jackwagon starts stealing the rainwater, then the city residents will have none ... and city residents vote in large numbers for their county commissioners ... my information starts with an actual incident, some Californian moved up into the southern Oregon area and immediately installed a rainwater collection system ... without a permit ... county building departmartment got wind of this, wrote their citations, and contacted water resources who came out and disapproved the system ... the Californian had to tear it all out, pay fines and eventually moved back to California ... saying Oregon was too liberal for his blood ...

You're clueless about Jefferson? ... how stupid, or you're lying again, we can never tell with you ... but curiosity has me: Why do you think the verdant lush Sacramento Valley has anything in common with the Sage Desert? ... do you also think Fairbanks and Bogota have the same climate? ... pfffft ... we here in Jefferson are willing to pay more than $2/mi^2 for logging rights ... fuckin' duh ...

How many accounts do you need to spew your lies? ...

"If you’ve ever talked about capturing and using the plentiful rainwater here in Oregon, someone has probably told you that it’s illegal.

That would be wrong. It’s perfectly legal, providing you catch the rainwater off of an artificial, impervious surface, according to Michael Mattick, the Oregon Water Resources Department’s watermaster for district 2, which includes Lane County. "

Source

And here's the rules for setting up your rainwater collection system in Oregon: HERE

You're clueless about Jefferson?

Nah, I know all about you mouthbreathers.

... how stupid, or you're lying again, we can never tell with you ... but curiosity has me: Why do you think the verdant lush Sacramento Valley has anything in common with the Sage Desert? ... do you also think Fairbanks and Bogota have the same climate? ... pfffft ... we here in Jefferson are willing to pay more than $2/mi^2 for logging rights ... fuckin' duh ...

Mouthbreather trash.

Was ReinyDays really wrong? Your link says a permit is required. If one does not have a permit and collects rainwater in Oregon that would be illegal, right?

Nah, I know all about you mouthbreathers.

Mouthbreather trash.

C'mon, man. Don't be a tool. The people in the eastern part of the state are fine people. It isn't helpful to call them names. They may have a different political stance than you but it isn't helpful to be a bastard about it.

C'mon, man. Don't be a tool. The people in the eastern part of the state are fine people. It isn't helpful to call them names. They may have a different political stance than you but it isn't helpful to be a bastard about it.

You one of them, trailer boi? LOL. STFU. Your input isn't needed. What do you know about Oregon politics? LOL.

You one of them, trailer boi? LOL. STFU. Your input isn't needed. What do you know about Oregon politics? LOL.

The Liar is arguing with himself ...

The situation:

Everyone is getting water from their wells.

There's a limited amount of water. Enough for all the houses around, but not much more.

An ag business comes in, drills deeper and bigger wells, and takes all the water. Everyone else's wells go dry.

The conservatives here are all fine with that. It says a lot about them as human beings, that they're willing to let big ag run people off of their land.

Forum List

Back