California v New York: Good corona, Bad corona.

MarathonMike

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2014
The Southwestern Desert
California has nearly 40 million people. New York about 20 million. Both coastal cities. Both with massive numbers of international travelers. How is it that California's large cities have been virtually unscathed by the virus while New York city is ground zero for American deaths? The enormous difference is number of deaths between these states cannot be explained with who did what lock downs and when. We need to really dig into why our two largest states could have completely different results in this outbreak. We need to drop the politicking, our country's future depends on us understanding these kinds of disparities.

It certainly can be explained by lock-downs. It's always the same virus the only difference is the numbers of exposures.

default.jpg

It certainly can be explained by lock-downs. It's always the same virus the only difference is the numbers of exposures.
Bullshit. Are you telling me the entire state of California went into immediate lock down and New Yorkers have been dancing in the streets? There are multiple factors involved in the spread or containment of this virus.

New York has something California does not. A reliance on mass transportation and jamming thousands of people into high rise buildings.

Squeeze yourself onto a subway car or elevator and see how quickly the virus spreads

1586612180369.jpeg

California has nearly 40 million people. New York about 20 million. Both coastal cities. Both with massive numbers of international travelers. How is it that California's large cities have been virtually unscathed by the virus while New York city is ground zero for American deaths? The enormous difference is number of deaths between these states cannot be explained with who did what lock downs and when. We need to really dig into why our two largest states could have completely different results in this outbreak. We need to drop the politicking, our country's future depends on us understanding these kinds of disparities.

I miss ol nyc ...

The one that doesnt exist anymore and hasn't for a long time now
Let it burn

Bullshit. Are you telling me the entire state of California went into immediate lock down and New Yorkers have been dancing in the streets? There are multiple factors involved in the spread or containment of this virus.
Population density has magnified the severity in NY but there is only one factor in actually getting infected, exposure. Limiting exposure way early seems to have made all the difference. Many Americans seem to be grappling with the harsh reality of exponential growth. The only practical experience they might have is with high interest credit cards. Early and aggressive action is like paying off the balance every month while waiting is like late paying the minimum amount for a long time.

California doesn't have everyone stacked up in high rises blowing snot all over each other.
I think yall have figured out the differeence and I may add that california people tend to lead a more out door healthy life style than new yorkers.
People forget to take care of them selves. I was doing some volunteering when all this virus crap hit. I was working with a bunch of 20 somehthings and we were out all day so we packed our lunches. The virus things was just hitting the news and I had stated that I was not worried and that I had not been sick since 1983. Of course most the people standing around were not even born then. They were then interested in just how old I was and were amazed at how young I looked so they asked me a bunch of questions and I as usuall answered the best I could with out answering. I look at the lunches these people brought and they consisted of bolony,pop,chips, and various other fucking junk. Mean while my lunch consisted of water, tuna salad, a nut and berry mix in other words healthy stuff. I go to bed at 930 to 10 oclock at night and get up at 430. I excercize and take care of myself it aint rocket science. People have forgotten to pay attention to diet and excercize. It's crazy. I was working my bait shop last summer and was getting fishing licenses for a couple and they were telling me how it was back in the day as they thought they were much older than I. Mean while I am looking at thier drivers lisences and they were 10 years younger than I. Along with thier fising lisences the also bought alcohol and cigs. Wont find that shit in my house. So to make a long story short take care of your self and you will survive these sorts of things comikng up.

I miss ol nyc ...

The one that doesnt exist anymore and hasn't for a long time now
Let it burn

What year would that be?

California doesn't have everyone stacked up in high rises blowing snot all over each other.
I think yall have figured out the differeence and I may add that california people tend to lead a more out door healthy life style than new yorkers.
Ever see the NYC Marathon?
yep, I also know contestants come from all over to do it. Yes they have atheletes there but by and large the california population lives a great deal healthier.

yep, I also know contestants come from all over to do it. Yes they have atheletes there but by and large the california population lives a great deal healthier.

I think that is an oversimplification. I lived in CA and did not see them any healthier. If people want to live a healthy lifestyle, they find a way regardless of where they live.

I think that is an oversimplification. I lived in CA and did not see them any healthier. If people want to live a healthy lifestyle, they find a way regardless of where they live.
Well, I must respectfully disagree. I also have lived in CA and I noticed much less obesity in the sanfernando vally than wellany where in any other state. Way more hard bodies. I also noticed thier diet was much better.

Population density has magnified the severity in NY but there is only one factor in actually getting infected, exposure. Limiting exposure way early seems to have made all the difference. Many Americans seem to be grappling with the harsh reality of exponential growth. The only practical experience they might have is with high interest credit cards. Early and aggressive action is like paying off the balance every month while waiting is like late paying the minimum amount for a long time.
And how pray tell did the 40 million Californians limit exposure early on? Have you ever been to L.A. or San Francisco or San Diego? Did they self impose a travel ban? Did they immediately all start wearing masks? Are you telling me those are not population dense cities? Look at their virus numbers. They are a tiny tiny fraction of the carnage going on in New York City. Let's figure out why.

Democrat plantations. Out west we're much more spread out. Urban jungles are bad for your health. They started fortifying milk with vitamin d because the urban canyons didn't get any sunshine and the kids were getting rickets. Out west we're always walking, hiking, jogging, camping, boating, skiing, we live for the sunshine and it's more comfortable outside without all the humidity. We eat healthier. Most people in danger from viruses are overweight, have high blood pressure and hypertension. We naturally social distance because we have the space.

Democrat plantations. Out west we're much more spread out. Urban jungles are bad for your health. They started fortifying milk with vitamin d because the urban canyons didn't get any sunshine and the kids were getting rickets. Out west we're always walking, hiking, jogging, camping, boating, skiing, we live for the sunshine and it's more comfortable outside without all the humidity. We eat healthier. Most people in danger from viruses are overweight, have high blood pressure and hypertension. We naturally social distance because we have the space.
Well if ya think about these things you can live a healthy life style here in the east . I do not think they tink about such things any more. I was talking to a 20 some thing the other day who said he has never drank water in his life just pop. I am standing there thinking how the hell are you still alive? It is fucking crazy the bad habbits I see today and when I point them out they look at me like I am crazy.

And how pray tell did the 40 million Californians limit exposure early on? Have you ever been to L.A. or San Francisco or San Diego? Did they self impose a travel ban? Did they immediately all start wearing masks? Are you telling me those are not population dense cities? Look at their virus numbers. They are a tiny tiny fraction of the carnage going on in New York City. Let's figure out why.
You are ignoring the obvious answer
Why do you keep asking?

They are different types of urban areas. California cities are more spread out

Forum List

Back