California to sue Trump administration over sanctuary city threat

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Tail wagging the dog. I find it ironic that some of these states feign independence, but they fully lean on the Federal taxpayer to sponsor a health bill since they can't operate within their own means state side. They will blame Trump for a lack of healthcare, but applaud the failing Obamcare, all the while not able to pass their own healthcare bill within their own state.

As I've said, if any American citizen or their family members are a victim of any crime from an illegal immigrant protected by a Sanctuary City, they need to sue the city and state in which the crime happens and push it to the Supreme Court if need be to obtain justice.

California to sue Trump administration over sanctuary city threat

California will sue the Trump administration over a threat to withhold grant funds from sanctuary cities, a spokesperson for the California's attorney general office told Reuters on Monday.

San Francisco filed a similar lawsuit against the Trump administration over the same restrictions late last week, according to Reuters.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions said last month that the Department of Justice would begin to withhold law enforcement grants from so-called sanctuary cities that limit their cooperation with federal immigration authorities.

To qualify for the funding, cities must give federal immigration officials access to detention centers and provide notice of 48 hours to federal authorities before releasing undocumented immigrants.

Lawsuits against the administration's policy are piling up.

San Francisco became the second city to sue President Trump’s Justice Department over the threat, after Chicago filed a similar lawsuit last Monday.

The Trump administration pushed back forcefully on Chicago's lawsuit.

“This administration will not simply give away grant dollars to city governments that proudly violate the rule of law and protect criminal aliens at the expense of public safety. So it’s this simple: Comply with the law or forego taxpayer dollars," said Sessions.

The Chief Justice decides the court that will here the case. Another problem is that all states and cities that have sanctuary status are disqualified. I suspect the Choices are AL, MS &AR but I'm not a lawyer.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back