California Elections Plus Los Angeles

okfine

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2019
Gold Coast
I voted for the Republican Lanhee Chen for State Controller, and so did many other CA voters. He lost but not by many votes, either. It's really a shame as he would have and should have been the guy that signs the checks here. Across the State it's really no different. Democrats still retain a solid grip on Government.

The Los Angeles elections for Mayor and for LA County Sheriff is crazy. I read that just over 300,000 votes have been tallied and hundreds of thousands of votes haven't been tallied yet. WTF?
It may be weeks before they know who won for Mayor. It's a see-saw in a very close race. Karen Bass was leading last night. This morning Rick Caruso was ahead. I expect Rick Caruso to win. LA needs someone to make some serious changes, and I don't think it's Karen Bass. As for the Sheriff's race, Villenueva is way down in the count. Who knows if that office can ever be credible even if Luna takes the win. In the end it's still up to their DA. What a mess.

I voted for the Republican Lanhee Chen for State Controller, and so did many other CA voters. He lost but not by many votes, either. It's really a shame as he would have and should have been the guy that signs the checks here. Across the State it's really no different. Democrats still retain a solid grip on Government.

The Los Angeles elections for Mayor and for LA County Sheriff is crazy. I read that just over 300,000 votes have been tallied and hundreds of thousands of votes haven't been tallied yet. WTF?
It may be weeks before they know who won for Mayor. It's a see-saw in a very close race. Karen Bass was leading last night. This morning Rick Caruso was ahead. I expect Rick Caruso to win. LA needs someone to make some serious changes, and I don't think it's Karen Bass. As for the Sheriff's race, Villenueva is way down in the count. Who knows if that office can ever be credible even if Luna takes the win. In the end it's still up to their DA. What a mess.

You really think Caruso is going to win? I'm honestly surprised it was this close. In the end I expect Bass to squeak it out just because of the national environment, but stranger things have happened

You really think Caruso is going to win? I'm honestly surprised it was this close. In the end I expect Bass to squeak it out just because of the national environment, but stranger things have happened
Honestly, the Mayors race could go either way. Everyone I know who can vote there voted for him. Not that there is one better than the other. No "good vs evil" in that race IMO.

Forum List

Back