California Dream is in Nevada

Geaux4it

Intensity Factor 4-Fold
May 31, 2009
Tennessee
Yep, I know all about this one. When I approached retirement, we planned for over a year our escape. Put that sponge (CA) in my rear-view mirror one day after hanging it up at work.

My cost of living dropped dramatically here in TN while my civil rights are respected

-Geaux
----------------------------

Net migration out of California topped 100,000 in 2015, 2016 and 2017, according to the Census Bureau. And between 2006 and 2017, a total of 1.24 million Californians left the state, never to return, the third highest total in the country, behind only New York and Illinois. That should hardly come as a surprise in a state where buying a home is only affordable for 28% of the population, as the median home prices nearly doubled between 2012 and 2018. As more residents struggle to get away, new births and immigrants from abroad (including plenty of illegal aliens) are the only reason California's population has continued to expand.

The California Dream Is In Nevada: Golden State Expats Flock To Las Vegas Suburb

Yep, I know all about this one. When I approached retirement, we planned for over a year our escape. Put that sponge (CA) in my rear-view mirror one day after hanging it up at work.

My cost of living dropped dramatically here in TN while my civil rights are respected

-Geaux

Net migration out of California topped 100,000 in 2015, 2016 and 2017, according to the Census Bureau. And between 2006 and 2017, a total of 1.24 million Californians left the state, never to return, the third highest total in the country, behind only New York and Illinois. That should hardly come as a surprise in a state where buying a home is only affordable for 28% of the population, as the median home prices nearly doubled between 2012 and 2018. As more residents struggle to get away, new births and immigrants from abroad (including plenty of illegal aliens) are the only reason California's population has continued to expand.

The California Dream Is In Nevada: Golden State Expats Flock To Las Vegas Suburb
Unless you are gay..

-Geaux

Unless you are gay..

Not true at all. You can be gay here in TN all you want. Have at it

-Geaux

So true.

It is such a beautiful state, but run by criminals. I guess it is what you get when one political party controls EVERYTHING...academia from K to Ph D, entire media, Hollywood.

Even Orange County. Never thought that would happen.

Orange is the new blue: California Democrats sweep 7 House seats in former GOP stronghold
When I moved there in 1979 it was heaven. Since, the progs have taken the state right down the shitter

-Geaux
Moving from CA to TN, you got a huge pay raise and quality of life also most be greatly improved. A lot less traffic for sure.

So true.

It is such a beautiful state, but run by criminals. I guess it is what you get when one political party controls EVERYTHING...academia from K to Ph D, entire media, Hollywood.

Orange is the new blue: California Democrats sweep 7 House seats in former GOP stronghold
When I moved there in 1979 it was heaven. Since, the progs have taken the state right down the shitter

-Geaux
Moving from CA to TN, you got a huge pay raise and quality of life also most be greatly improved. A lot less traffic for sure.

Indeed. Firstly, no state income tax. That alone is a savings of $5100 year. Love the fact that folks like me really put a burr under Brown's saddle. He has repeatedly called for a bill to tax expats who take their pensions and 401k's to Old America

-Geaux

So true.

-Geaux

Indeed. Firstly, no state income tax. That alone is a savings of $5100 year. Love the fact that folks like me really put a burr under Brown's saddle. He has repeatedly called for a bill to tax expats who take their pensions and 401k's to Old America

-Geaux
Is Gavin Nesomnany better?

So true.

-Geaux

-Geaux
Is Gavin Nesomnany better?

More of the same unfortunately

-Geaux

So you moved to TN but your CA dream is in Nevada?

?????

-Geaux

What is the title of your thread?

Oh, the story about many CA expats who are moving to Nevada? Yep, Nevada is where many are going

-Geaux
4 years ago I abandoned my home state of Illinois and moved to Indiana, Saving over $7,000 per year in property taxes alone.
Those Dem run states are dying fast.

So you moved to TN but your CA dream is in Nevada?

?????

-Geaux

What is the title of your thread?

Oh, the story about many CA expats who are moving to Nevada? Yep, Nevada is where many are going

-Geaux
4 years ago I abandoned my home state of Illinois and moved to Indiana, Saving over $7,000 per year in property taxes alone.
Those Dem run states are dying fast.
I don’t know if that is true but with the large numbers of baby boomers retiring, how they could afford to continue living in high tax/high cost of living states, seems questionable.

-Geaux

I can't figure out how anyone can afford to live in Cali??

Shit a million dollars buys you a shack. The cost of living must be through the roof.

You will like Tenn much better.

Forum List

Back