California chef won't serve customers wearing MAGA hats

We have a no politics (and no profanity) rule. Enforced regardless of the political message.

If someone is wearing a political shirt we ask them to cover it up or leave

No exceptions
I understand the proper business reason for doing so, but even if it were enforce strictly against Republicans, I believe you should have that right.

The problem is that a majority of people believe they have the right to not be offended or that they have the right to force their freedom of expression on other private citizens.

We have a no politics (and no profanity) rule. Enforced regardless of the political message.

If someone is wearing a political shirt we ask them to cover it up or leave

No exceptions
as long as it's consistent, I have no issue then. thanks,

LOL

So, you're hot about this because there are laws that prevent you from denying service to blacks, "wet backs", or Jews but you can't understand the problem with a MAGA hat?

Priceless.
You have completely missed the point.

Being a disgusting bigot is a right. When you start trying to outlaw bigotry, what you are really doing is outlawing thought.

But, if it were about stopping ALL bigotry, dress codes would need to be prohibited too.

When you start trying to carve it up for a particular result, inequality and inconsistency is inevitable.

Freedom requires no bullshit. Freedom brings forth the truth. Freedom exposes the assholes.

:dunno:

Freedom requires no bullshit. Freedom brings forth the truth. Freedom exposes the assholes.

Exactly and it's the assholes who wear MAGA hats for the sole purpose of flaming.

I wonder if you participated in the recent thread on this.
in your opinion. but it is something that isn't provable. why is it you all like to challenge something that can't be challenged? I don't get it. Is hate speech free speech and who gets to decide what is hate speech? see that's the issue I have. throwing stones is human, so hate speech has many forms. my definition is different than yours I'm sure. and it's why we have freedom of speech is it not?

Game? I can only respond to information on the page. I can't speak to a point you have in mind but haven't yet expressed.

How does a public accomodation law apply to apparel?

Again, you're not being honest. You know goddamned well what I'm talking about. But you want me to chase you around the mulberry bush of ridiculous denials and equivocation. That's a silly game. I'm not playing.

Fuck off, dude. I've given you multiple opportunities to explain your position.
I'm sorry for you that you find it difficult to understand the world. Accomodation laws protect people, not apparel. At no time did the chef say he would not serve the person if they came in without the hat.
so if the dude takes the hat off in the restaurant, he'll serve the dude? that sounds stupid then.

Ask the chef. He spoke to hats. Not people.
yeah, kind of stupid don't you think? I mean is a dollar not important in a business? I guess not. a hat has almighty power.

I think you're stupid. But you know that already.

Exactly and it's the assholes who wear MAGA hats for the sole purpose of flaming.

No one can argue with a straight face that people wearing the MAGA hats are making a fashion statement only, with no underlying political message.

How do you define "inflammatory" in a way that prevents "disruption" in a business so as to legally set up the pretext to discriminate?

Who gets to decide what actions or attire is "flaming" so as to apply equally?

Again, you're not being honest. You know goddamned well what I'm talking about. But you want me to chase you around the mulberry bush of ridiculous denials and equivocation. That's a silly game. I'm not playing.

Fuck off, dude. I've given you multiple opportunities to explain your position.
I'm sorry for you that you find it difficult to understand the world. Accomodation laws protect people, not apparel. At no time did the chef say he would not serve the person if they came in without the hat.
so if the dude takes the hat off in the restaurant, he'll serve the dude? that sounds stupid then.

Ask the chef. He spoke to hats. Not people.
yeah, kind of stupid don't you think? I mean is a dollar not important in a business? I guess not. a hat has almighty power.

I think you're stupid. But you know that already.
who cares? I don't. dude you can call me anything you want, that doesn't change facts. seems you all can't get by that fact thingy. I'm stupid, doesn't mean that I'm not smarter than you! Doh!!!

No one can argue with a straight face that people wearing the MAGA hats are making a fashion statement only, with no underlying political message.

How do you define "inflammatory" in a way that prevents "disruption" in a business so as to legally set up the pretext to discriminate?

exactly, exactly.

The business owner decides what they will tolerate in their place of work. If you wish to patronize their establishment, you should respect that or move on.

51248290_2093615460676139_3377732134646054912_n.jpg
Not surprised you can't understand it. Both cases involve Constitutional rights. One is freedom of speech and the other is freedom of religion.

There is no freedom of speech in someone elses establisbment. There's only their rules.
What about the owner's freedom of religion his establishment?

The business owner decides what they will tolerate in their place of work. If you wish to patronize their establishment, you should respect that or move on.
Unless you are black or gay or some other specially carved out group. Then GOVERNMENT will force the asshole business owner to tolerate it, right?

Jackasses get no rights?

San Mateo restaurant owner says customers will not be served if they are wearing a "Make America Great Again" hat.

5114957_013119-kgo-trump-hat-tweet-img.jpg

Kenji Lopez-Alt of Wursthall Restaurant tweeted that it would be the "same as if you come in wearing a swastika, white hood, or any other symbol of intolerance and hate."

The tweet has gotten mixed reactions. Some people say refusing to get to know someone or serve someone based on what they're wearing is unfair. Other replies on Twitter support the chef and say they're now more likely to go to the restaurant.

Restaurant owner won't serve customers wearing MAGA hats

If bakeries can refuse to serve LGBTQ customers - why can't this restaurant refuse to serve racists? Sounds reasonable to me. What do you think?

Mods: I tried to do a search but couldn't find an existing thread. I apologize if I have duplicated.
If it's in LA i'm dinning in there this week and leaving a big tip......
Just love it 2 years of the clown's presidency and none of his supporters dare to wear that racist hat. It's a symbol of hate and racism.....they better hide those *****.

I know what you mean, our office does not allow any left wing politics as it is divisive, communistic and and is representative of intolerance. I am also willing to bet you won't dine there, you are just a lot of hot air.

Not surprised you can't understand it. Both cases involve Constitutional rights. One is freedom of speech and the other is freedom of religion.

There is no freedom of speech in someone elses establisbment. There's only their rules.

There are federal laws regarding public accomodation of people. Not apparel.

This is not the same in any way. The chef never said the person wasn't welcome without the hat.

It would probably be better to stay on topic.
You're working hard to make comparisons where none exist.
That is ENTIRELY on topic.

It appears that you are advocating for government force in some situations when you are sympathetic to the cause or beliefs of the person being excluded from services, but you're okay with government sitting on its ass in other situations.

It's not okay to refuse services to gay people. It is okay to refuse services to stupid people.

I am within my right to refuse to serve fat people. But, fat black people are protected by government force.

This is not the same in any way. The chef never said the person wasn't welcome without the hat.
What about the Christian cake maker? Does he have the right to practice his religion in his establishment or do you believe anyone can pass a law that overrides his Constitutional rights?

Yes. And we are demonstrating how those laws are WRONG and should be declared unconstitutional.

You're arguing that government forcing services for some people is logically sound SOLELY because it's the law.

If you want to continue with circular reasoning, I am not interested in such a discussion.

Unless you are black or gay or some other specially carved out group. Then GOVERNMENT will force the asshole business owner to tolerate it, right?

Jackasses get no rights?

That's the law. Grow up.
We arent talking about blacks or gays. We're talking about attire.
I can kick a gay dude who is dressed inapproriately as I'm kicking him for his attire and not soley for being gay.

I guess that's a concept that is a bit too mature and nuanced for you to understand.

Jackasses have a right and opportunity to not be a jackass.
Blacks can't not be black.

Last edited:
It would probably be better to stay on topic.
You're working hard to make comparisons where none exist.
That is ENTIRELY on topic.

It appears that you are advocating for government force in some situations when you are sympathetic to the cause or beliefs of the person being excluded from services, but you're okay with government sitting on its ass in other situations.

It's not okay to refuse services to gay people. It is okay to refuse services to stupid people.

I am within my right to refuse to serve fat people. But, fat black people are protected by government force.

Your posts get more demented as we go.
The chef didn't specify who was wearing a MAGA hat.

I could refuse service to anyone who did not meet my dresscode regardless of age, race ,religion... etc.

Forum List

Back