Cali won't buy cars from automakers who "backed" Trump.

It's the state government of California that won't be buying vehicles from those manufacturers. They will still be sold to private buyers if they want them.

And, I can see why they did it. Those automakers were in favor of reducing emissions requirements, while CA has been trying to make them stronger. And, to tell you the truth, considering the air quality around LA, it kinda makes sense.

If any of you think that CA is going to ban all cars from being sold, even to private buyers, you're nuts. And, there are lots of times that various government agencies decide to either do or not do business with a company. Going against what the state wants is one of them.
It’s retarded that California has its own emissions standards so different than the rest of the country. They are so batshit crazy they will soon ban all internal combustion engines.

States should not have the right to determine their own standards?

I think they should, but it has to be within reason. What if California decided to ban all ICE engines period within a year, is that not infringing on people’s right to own cars?

Who cares?
Yeah losing the 5th largest economy in the world is no problem :rolleyes:

Working on that nearly ONE TRILLION dollars in unfunded public debt yet?

It's bearing down on you like a speeding locomotive.

Go ahead and scratch your head

You're one clueless left loon
California funds your red flyover wastelands. Thank them for your roads and for your better gas mileage.

BS you stupid fuck. Go try and snow someone else.

Cali is dangerously close to bankruptcy... much like it's other blue counterpart Illinois
Cali contributes far more to GDP and to federal tax revenue than your wastelands. Sorry.

It's the state government of California that won't be buying vehicles from those manufacturers. They will still be sold to private buyers if they want them.

And, I can see why they did it. Those automakers were in favor of reducing emissions requirements, while CA has been trying to make them stronger. And, to tell you the truth, considering the air quality around LA, it kinda makes sense.

If any of you think that CA is going to ban all cars from being sold, even to private buyers, you're nuts. And, there are lots of times that various government agencies decide to either do or not do business with a company. Going against what the state wants is one of them.
It’s retarded that California has its own emissions standards so different than the rest of the country. They are so batshit crazy they will soon ban all internal combustion engines.

I think they should, but it has to be within reason. What if California decided to ban all ICE engines period within a year, is that not infringing on people’s right to own cars?

Do you live in California? If so, you have that right. If not what place is it of yours to determine what is within reason?

The people of California can handle your "what if".

Do you live in California? If so, you have that right. If not what place is it of yours to determine what is within reason?

Lived there for many years.

I think Federal EPA standards are good enough.

Who cares?

And yet, California rates 35th in it's economic health ranking. Two points lower than Arkansas, and five points lower than Alabama...

Best & Worst State Economies
Arkansas and Alabama? Now there's 2 states that car manufacturers really wouldn't give the slightest fuck about losing.

Get lost, you're a clueless soy boy. Ten bucks says you have a fruity man bun

So that would be a no, you don't support state rights?

I said I do, but like all things they have limits.

Nah. Either they do or they don't. State rights only when you agree is not state rights at all.

Nah. Either they do or they don't. State rights only when you agree is not state rights at all.

Ok if that makes you feel better.:itsok:

Who cares?

And yet, California rates 35th in it's economic health ranking. Two points lower than Arkansas, and five points lower than Alabama...

Best & Worst State Economies
Arkansas and Alabama? Now there's 2 states that car manufacturers really wouldn't give the slightest fuck about losing.

Why ever would they not give a fuck about Arkansas and Alabama? They seem to have a higher percentage of vehicles than California does.

While Arkansas has 931 vehicles per thousand people and Alabama has 1,030, California only has 840 vehicles per thousand people.

List of U.S. states by vehicles per capita - Wikipedia

I guess it is true: "Bullshit walks."

Notice that this ban does not extend to public safety vehicles. Too many cop cars ran out of charge mid chase.

California is a pathetic shadow of what it once was.

Ok if that makes you feel better.:itsok:

Most people seem to not actually support what they claim to support.

Notice that this ban does not extend to public safety vehicles. Too many cop cars ran out of charge mid chase.

Did electric car manufacturers back Trump?

States should have the right to determine just how stupid they will be and California is a shining example. The worse part is that they are going to be looking at "me" to fund their massive unfunded debt.

States should have the right to determine just how stupid they will be and California is a shining example. The worse part is that they are going to be looking at "me" to fund their massive unfunded debt.

OK.....at least a fair argument.

Did electric car manufacturers back Trump?
Toyota is on the California hit list. They make the most popular hybrid and electric cars in the state.

I don't recall any Toyota electric cars but they didn't say they would not allow them to sell them in state did they?

If not your point is not one.

Forum List

Back