Caitlin Clark, Trash Talker

Granted, she's not the only one. It may cause problems for her in the WNBA if she can't keep it under control. It also brings up the question, should leagues crack down on those who trash talk.

---Caitlin Clark gets brutally honest on trash talking---

If it is anything like the NBA she’ll be fine. It is part of the game.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
By the data, you're in the radical minority. Good for you, but don't lash out and get butthurt against those who don't watch.

You can't prove that, you just made that up.

We will see. The fact that you're making conclusions, along with your other statements, leads me to believe that you're merely proclaiming your hopes, not referencing anything objective.

There have been a ton of men's NCAA players who got tons of hype in college and who didn't do jack, or were far less stature, in the NBA. Jimmer Fredette, Adam Morrison, Christian Laettner, Miles Simon, Ed O'Bannon.. the list is long. These players got MASSIVE hype and coverage, but failed to maintain the same success as they moved on. Just because they were promoted doesn't mean it was because of their skin color.

You probably just are bothered that a uniquely skilled "Steph Curry-esque" woman is elevating the game but happens to be white. You're going the cliche woke route and bringing race into it when it has nothing to do with race. Curry has never been the best player in the league, but he's often provided the most outstanding shots/moments. There's a difference.

As long as there has been sports, there has been trash talk. Joe Namath talked trash before the 1969 Super bowl. NFL players in the 1960's wee talking trash about the AFL. NBA players talked trash about the ABA to such an extent they had an ABA-NBA All star game. That was the first time I saw Dr. J and the NBA layers couldn't touch him.

I have been an athlete and coached women sports, I don't make my conclusions based on opinion. I watch the skills. Actually I like Caitlin Clark. But I am speaking the truth. She has to prove herself. There are playwrs in the WBNA who were also colege legends and who won championships while doing it. A lot of thngs happen because of skn color that whites don't want to admit. Caitlin Clarke is no Cheryl Miller. I watched Miller play in college. Caitlin Clarke is no Chamique Holdsclaw. She is no Candace Parker, Maya Moore, Diana Taurasi, Brianna Stewart, Lisa Leslie, Aja Wilson, Rebecca Lobo, and the last womens player who she was close to resembling is Sabrina Ionescu. And we will see if she can shoot with her real soon.

As long as there has been sports, there has been trash talk. Joe Namath talked trash before the 1969 Super bowl. NFL players in the 1960's wee talking trash about the AFL. NBA players talked trash about the ABA to such an extent they had an ABA-NBA All star game. That was the first time I saw Dr. J and the NBA layers couldn't touch him.

I have been an athlete and coached women sports, I don't make my conclusions based on opinion. I watch the skills. Actually I like Caitlin Clark. But I am speaking the truth. She has to prove herself. There are playwrs in the WBNA who were also colege legends and who won championships while doing it. A lot of thngs happen because of skn color that whites don't want to admit. Caitlin Clarke is no Cheryl Miller. I watched Miller play in college. Caitlin Clarke is no Chamique Holdsclaw. She is no Candace Parker, Maya Moore, Diana Taurasi, Brianna Stewart, Lisa Leslie, Aja Wilson, Rebecca Lobo, and the last womens player who she was close to resembling is Sabrina Ionescu. And we will see if she can shoot with her real soon.
Hey I'm fine with "let's see how she translates".

My issue is with you're "She's nothing and only being promoted because she's white" claims. Your CRT is showing.

By the data, you're in the radical minority. Good for you, but don't lash out and get butthurt against those who don't watch.

We will see. The fact that you're making conclusions, along with your other statements, leads me to believe that you're merely proclaiming your hopes, not referencing anything objective.

There have been a ton of men's NCAA players who got tons of hype in college and who didn't do jack, or were far less stature, in the NBA. Jimmer Fredette, Adam Morrison, Christian Laettner, Miles Simon, Ed O'Bannon.. the list is long. These players got MASSIVE hype and coverage, but failed to maintain the same success as they moved on. Just because they were promoted doesn't mean it was because of their skin color.

You probably just are bothered that a uniquely skilled "Steph Curry-esque" woman is elevating the game but happens to be white. You're going the cliche woke route and bringing race into it when it has nothing to do with race. Curry has never been the best player in the league, but he's often provided the most outstanding shots/moments. There's a difference.

Take everything IM2 says with a grain of salt, he just hates Whitey.

lol. Have you never played a sport past little league?
Why yes, he has
1713314987277.png

You know what I just heard? I make more than Caitlin. She got a 4 year deal something like $300K. No wonder you have to be 22 to join the WNBA. It makes these women stay in school and get their degrees. Because there is no future in the WNBA. Not yet. It's like women's soccer. But doesn't Caitlyn get endorsements?

Let me explain something to you guys. It's not our fault. We tuned in to watch Caitlin whip that black girl who beat her in the finals last year. Even the coach of the winning team thanks Caitlyn because if not for her, no one was watching.

Here's another reason it's not our fault. If women were in to women's basketball, they'd make their boyfriends take them to games. They'd make their boyfriends watch WNBA games at home. But they don't. So it's not men's fault women don't watch.

Anytime a team is in the final 4 or playoffs of any sport, college, pros, hockey, football, baseball, basketball and my customer is in that state I ask them if they are watching. I asked 3 women if they were going to watch the Women's NCAA tourny. They were from one of the states of the 4 teams in the final 4. They couldn't give two fucks.

Women, if you want women to make what men make, fill the stands. Watch it on TV.

Forum List

Back