Cain: 'If You Don't Have A Job And You're Not Rich, Blame Yourself'

Personal responsibility scares the crap out of the lefties. In case you didn't catch it, Cain was saying you're responsible for what you are in life. You work hard, make good choices, work harder, put some away, work harder, give some to the kids and grandkids, start a little business of your own so when you reach retirement, you can slow down and enjoy the fruits of your labor, not give it to the government!!!

And if you're poor or middle class and you fail, you didn't try hard enough.

But if you're rich and you fail, like the banks, then the government will redistribute wealth in your direction with taxpayer funded bailouts.

The free market rocks!
cd7b701d.gif

The freer the rockier baby!
c777eacd.gif

But I thought it was Obamas fault that people dont have jobs?

Only partially correct. It was Obama along with a long line of central planners and their buddies at the Fed that cause these boom and bust cycles and devaluation of the dollar. Unemployment is an inevitable byproduct of those meddling strategies.

Ahh I knew you would ditch the "personal responsibility" bullshit to blame Obama.

Personal responsibility scares the crap out of the lefties. In case you didn't catch it, Cain was saying you're responsible for what you are in life. You work hard, make good choices, work harder, put some away, work harder, give some to the kids and grandkids, start a little business of your own so when you reach retirement, you can slow down and enjoy the fruits of your labor, not give it to the government!!!

But if you're rich and you fail, like the banks, then the government will redistribute wealth in your direction with taxpayer funded bailouts.

The free market rocks!
cd7b701d.gif

c777eacd.gif

Those banks should have filed bankruptcy, along with the automakers and the other businesses that were "too big to fail". This would all be behind us if we had let that happen.

But I thought it was Obamas fault that people dont have jobs? Silly righties cant keep their stories straight. The reason the unemployment is at 9% is because ppl refuse to move around like gypsies

Think about what you just said. It doesn't make sense. If someone passes up on an job offer because of moving, the job will be taken by another who's willing or a person who doesn't have to move. Regardless, a person is employed who wasn't before leading to a reduction in the percentage.

The free market rocks!
cd7b701d.gif

c777eacd.gif

Those banks should have filed bankruptcy, along with the automakers and the other businesses that were "too big to fail". This would all be behind us if we had let that happen.

I agree.

Too bad Cain supported the bailouts.

But whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

But I thought it was Obamas fault that people dont have jobs?

Only partially correct. It was Obama along with a long line of central planners and their buddies at the Fed that cause these boom and bust cycles and devaluation of the dollar. Unemployment is an inevitable byproduct of those meddling strategies.

Ahh I knew you would ditch the "personal responsibility" bullshit to blame Obama.

Non sequitur. Want to try again?

The free market rocks!
cd7b701d.gif

c777eacd.gif

I agree.

Hey personal responsibility is only for us little people. Didnt you know

Of course you would say that. What else can you say? You look like a complete idiot. BTW, I added more of you to my sig. Enjoy. Dumb. Ass.

Well, you combine your avatar with your focus on black. You're one of those skinny little white guys who walks up to blacks on the street and act (badly) and talk (badly) black, aren't you? A tip, dude, they aren't laughing with you. As for the sig, thanks for the marketing. A lot of people are going to enjoy my getting under the skin of a pompous ass like you.

Last edited:

The free market rocks!
cd7b701d.gif

c777eacd.gif

I agree.

I didn't know Cain was a congressman. Hmmmm :runningtodoagooglecheck:

BTW 0bama not only voted for it, he came back for lots and lots more a few months later. That didn't work either, did it??

The free market rocks!
cd7b701d.gif

c777eacd.gif

I agree.

Cain did not like the way in which it was done.
“I now regret saying that I supported TARP because of the way it was implemented,” Herman Cain told a crowd of about 1,000 people today in Des Moines.

He continued: “It was used to pick winners and losers. It was used in too much of discretionary fashion. I knew that this financial meltdown was serious…. We needed to do something drastic, but in retrospect I would never have supported the idea of TARP because it was abused.”

I agree.

“I now regret saying that I supported TARP because of the way it was implemented,” Herman Cain told a crowd of about 1,000 people today in Des Moines.

He continued: “It was used to pick winners and losers. It was used in too much of discretionary fashion. I knew that this financial meltdown was serious…. We needed to do something drastic, but in retrospect I would never have supported the idea of TARP because it was abused.”

He better be careful as to not get that 'flip-flopper' tag stuck to him.

I agree.

Anybody can play Monday morning quarterback, especially for the purposes of political expediency. And implemented shmimplemented, the bailouts were wrong, period. When it mattered, Cain went on record endorsing them. Fact, not opinion.

I agree.

How is that a filp flop?
How was he suppose to know ahead of time how the thing was implemented.
He thought that TARP was the right thing to do but it was done badly.

If you're rich and do have a job you're wasting your life for money.

I'm in the top 1% (at the bottom of that range but still...) and I LOVE what I do for a living. I don't care if I had a billion in the bank, I'd still work everyday because I was raised with a strong work ethic and I enjoy my work. That is the case now that I'm a CEO and it was the case when I was busing tables at 13 years old.

Ditto.

I'm not rich but I work for a living. Have always worked and don't depend on anyone to give me anything. I make it happen in my life not someone else. Thats how I roll.

Thats the difference between folks like you and me and that gimme, gimme, gimme crowd on Wall St.

They DO Expect someone to give it to em.

Same here. I'm not a doctor cause I didn't go to medical school. I'm a medical transcriptionist instead, now in QA, don't have to touch anybody, yet I have to know everything. I work in QA during the day and transcribe for another company in the evenings. Went back to college and got 2 AA degrees. Husband is after me to go for computer programming, IT work. I don't know. I'm 61, not sure if i could recoup the cost of college or not. Don't EVER want to be dependent on the government totally (SS will be bad enough, but I HAVE paid into it), if that time ever came, I'd jump off a cliff. I can work at home, so it matters not where I live. BUT if I lived in a state with no jobs, I'd move to one where there was on. We'd clean toilets if we had do. I start a toilet cleaning business, if I had to.

Herman Cain, the new darling of the right, seems to think that the big banks and Wall St are beyond reproach when it comes to the poor economy and lack of jobs in the US. He also has a wild conspiracy theory that the Occupy Wall St protests are being staged by the left to draw attention away from Obama. On top of calling gays 'godless' in 2004, this latest gust of wind from the pizzaman-turned-presidential-candidate ought to solidify his standing among the far-right. Unfortunately, most Americans don't share his opinion that the big banks are good guys (not that he'll get the nomination).

Herman Cain On Occupy Wall Street: 'If You Don't Have A Job And You're Not Rich, Blame Yourself' (VIDEO)

Asked by the Journal's Alan Murray about his thoughts on the demonstrations, which initially began in New York City and have since spread around the country, Cain responded:

"I don't have facts to back this up, but I happen to believe that these demonstrations are planned and orchestrated to distract from the failed policies of the Obama administration. Don't blame Wall Street, don't blame the big banks, if you don't have a job and you're not rich, blame yourself! ... It is not a person's fault if they succeeded, it is a person's fault if they failed."

Cain went on to admit that the banks had something to do with the economic crisis of 2008, but pointed out that it was now 2011, seemingly downplaying any lasting effects of the practices of big banks and Wall Street.
The narcissistic little black man-child knows that if he flaps his gums with stupidity he will get the attention he craves.

Must you talk so ugly about our Dear Ruler, Obama?

For four out of five unemployed workers, there are no jobs
For four out of five unemployed workers, there are no jobs | Economic Policy Institute

Applications aplenty: Companies inundated with job seekers[/B
]Applications aplenty: Companies inundated with job seekers | FLORIDA TODAY | floridatoday.com

Only 600 new jobs for 17,000 applicants at Ford plant
Only 600 new jobs for 17,000 applicants at Ford plant

When one job draws 273 applicants
When one job draws 273 applicants | | The Bulletin

One teaching job, 469 applicants
One teaching job, 469 applicants - JSOnline

I had someone who was forced to leave their job because of their health, for that job vacancy, we had over 100 applications.

It seems that certain ideological people just love to blame the unemployed or under-employed for their plight and that is in most cases just plain wrong. Our nations workforce never really recovered from the Clinton Recession that happened early under GWB. Very few jobs were created after that recession and of course we had the growth of off-shoring American jobs during that time period. 2.9 jobs were created in the US, 2.4 jobs were shipped offshore.
I like to use the Workforce Participation Graph a lot because it tells the story so well. It shows exactly how many of those within the workforce have jobs. Please note that the participation levels never got close to the levels up where they were prior to the 2001 recession. This is reality, not smoke and mirrors.

Last edited:

How is that a filp flop?
How was he suppose to know ahead of time how the thing was implemented.
He thought that TARP was the right thing to do but it was done badly.

:lol:

He was for it before he was against it.

Don't worry, I'm being a little facetious...the majority of the usage of that label is bogus.

The free market rocks!
cd7b701d.gif

c777eacd.gif

Exactly!

And yeah things would have sucked for a little bit but not for this long ;)

Not politically shrewd for him to say this, and in many cases it's not true..Life is not always fair, sometimes people are born with gifts or talent, that gives them an advantage, but the last thing we should want is government stepping in to level the playing field.

Another example of why Cain is not ready for prime time, and should not be counted on to defeat Obama.

The spirit of his argument, I believe is don't blame others for being successful, which of course, I support.

I agree with what Mr. Cain said and I think a lot of people would too..
I like Mr. Cain and he may be just the right person to beat Obama..
Time will tell I guess.

So you agree that if someone is born poor, and with a handicap that they should blame themselves that they are not rich?

Its easier to be successful if you are born with brains and money....I'm not saying we should punish success or the government should pick winners and losers, but not everyone should blame themselves for not being successful, I don't think they should blame anyone.

I like the guy too, but I would have to disagree, that he's the guy to beat Obama.

Cain was borne poor, and now he's rich. He isn't the only one I can think of who did it, and all of them have the same message. They tried poor, and they tried rich, they all like rich better.

Forum List

Back