Bundy 2.0

Ame®icano

Platinum Member
Jul 8, 2008
Michigan
In short, rancher in Oregon starts fire, fire goes on federal land by accident. Rancher sent to jail on arson charges for 3 months and his son for one year, now they're out. Now judge orders him and his son to go back to prison because he violated "anti-terrorism" law by starting the fire and he didn't serve the 5-year minimum sentence.
Militia groups are pissed, Bundy gets involved.

Oregon Ranching Case Sparks Anti-Government Sentiment

The Hammonds were convicted of arson in 2012 after a two-week jury trial. Both were found guilty of starting a 139-acre fire in 2001. According to the U.S. Justice Department, Steven Hammond said he started the fire on private land to burn invasive plants and it spread to public lands. Prosecutors said the fire was set to cover up deer poaching on BLM land. Dwight Hammond also was convicted of setting a backfire in 2006 that burned 1 acre of public land.

The Hammonds originally received much shorter sentences from a U.S. District Court judge, who said the mandatory minimum sentence of five years was far too long. The lenient sentences, however, were overturned by the U.S. 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, leading to the Hammonds’ resentencing.

Harney County Farm Bureau President Rusty Inglis said he doubts outside militia groups will generate much local enthusiasm.

“We don’t support them, simple as that,” he said. “I hope they have their little rally and it stays peaceful and nobody gets hurt,” he said.

The Oregon Farm Bureau has denounced the Hammonds’ punishment, but its president, Barry Bushue, said Wednesday that armed militia members won’t help their cause.

Bushue, a longtime family friend, said he expects the Hammonds will want to return to ranching.

“They want to do it peacefully. They want to move forward, instead of clinging to the past,” he said. “From my perspective, that’s where the community can be most beneficial, instead of making it into a public spectacle.

“I fear it reflects badly on the ranching community and the local community, or at least has the potential to,” Bushe said. “We are incensed by the fact that (the Hammonds) have to go back to prison, but in the end, the rule of law has to be followed.”

Convicted Burns ranchers, local supporters distance themselves from militia groups

These outsider militia groups are not welcome in that area. While the Hammond's sentence is silly, they did something stupid, but not criminal, nothing at all to do with terrorism, the militia groups are just there to start trouble. And the good people of Eastern Oregon are not buying into the bloody fantasies of these idiot militias.

The militia are not welcome in Burns. While the Hammond's are not getting a fair shake, they committed no act of terrorism, just a stupid act in starting a fire they could not control. One has to have lived in that area to appreciate the seriousness of losing control of a fire.

Massive southeastern Oregon wildfires: Did weather, cows or grazing policies fuel the flames?

JORDAN VALLEY -- On one thing ranchers, federal land managers and environmentalists can agree:The Long Draw fire that devoured an area more than six times the size of Portland in a week will take years to heal.

Oregon's biggest wildfire in 150 years killed countless cattle, wild horses, bighorn sheep, antelope and coyotes. It destroyed important sage grouse habitat and may affect national plans to revive dwindling populations of the small, sagebrush-dependent high-desert bird. The blackened scar of the huge fire is visible in satellite pictures.

Gov. John Kitzhaber declared an emergency to help ranchers and others recover from the 557,600-acre lightning-caused fire in Malheur County, and its kid brother, the 162,094-acre Miller Homestead fire in adjoining Harney County

"Federal lawyers prosecuted the Hammonds under an anti-terrorism law that required a five-year minimum sentence, though they have declined to say why.

Seriously?

2uo1lbo.jpg

Militiamen, ranchers in showdown for soul of Burns

Because the law is applicable and they are being seriously inflexible pains in the ass.

Lets see, here are two examples.

American, that happens to be white, wants to remove weed by burning it.
Accidentally fire spreads a bit too far, so he was sent to jail for arson.
Family must pay absurd fines.
He's being sent back to jail because arson is now terrorism and couldn't pay absurd fines.

Foreigner, that happens to be Muslim sheik fucks teen child.
He got caught and sent to court.
He claims he just accidentally tripped and his dick somehow ended up in her vagina.
Oh, OK, you can go.

You say law is applicable cause ranchers are being pain in the ass.
Are laws applicable in the second example?

"Federal lawyers prosecuted the Hammonds under an anti-terrorism law that required a five-year minimum sentence, though they have declined to say why.

Seriously?

Yep, in leftards delusional heads, ranchers burning weed is categorized the same as ISIS burning people alive.

They're so fucking cringe. They pander to the state to get what they want, and damn any group they disagree with by demanding the state terrorize their enemies. Tables will turn, I cant wait to see them whining against their own creation. There will be no mercy, those libshits deserve whatever comes to them.

my GOD

when I saw the name Bundy

didn't feel good

at once I thought of that Bundy

no good news

scum Bundy criminal

Now as soon as the Oregonian posts their front page, there is a very good article on the whole affair.

Having read that article, I see where the feds are coming from, and also the Hammonds. I think that the Hammonds deserve a pardon on the terrorism charge, and they justly have served the deserved time for some very foolish acts on their part. There are definatly some issues yet to be settled on both sides, and they should let the other local ranchers mediate the remaining disputes.

The article is called 'Victums or Villians?, The Burns case family'. It is in the 'Oregonian'.

In the meantime, the vile militias with their dreams of bloody war need to get out of there before there is violence between them and the local people. These outsiders not only are not needed, they are not wanted.

Forum List

Back