Build.

Because it's the same as 'sell by' dates on food. After a certain point, the product becomes dangerous to the public.

Look for instance how long every single politician up on charges was in office. Out of the Keating 5 during the S and L scandal, every one of the senators had 3 terms in... save John McCain... who's a scumball as is.

They've been in office too long, and think they they are immune from the law, and since the public is easily fooled and creatures of habit, the law must be used to keep them safe, the same way you pull bad meat off the shelf. You may get lucky if you buy it after that date... but do you want to risk it?

No it's not. People aren't food items. And McCain is a fine example of growth after doing something wrong. He went on to author McCain/Feingold.

And what "public"? Not many people even bother to vote. That should change. It should be mandatory to vote..like Jury Duty is mandatory.
Wow... just talk about having a diametrically opposed point of view.

I view McCain/Feingold as borderline treason.

For the dozens of career politicians out there, only a bare handful I'd consider to be trustworthy.

Voting manditory? That'd be something to try, but many shouldn't be forced to vote. They've no interest on doing their civic duty OR be aware of the issues.

Of course, I'd go for enticing them by giving a tax credit for voting. Classic example of subsidizing behavior you want. Then again, I'd make election day April 15th. Pay your taxes and vote.

For the dozens of career politicians out there, only a bare handful I'd consider to be trustworthy.

Voting manditory? That'd be something to try, but many shouldn't be forced to vote. They've no interest on doing their civic duty OR be aware of the issues.

Of course, I'd go for enticing them by giving a tax credit for voting. Classic example of subsidizing behavior you want. Then again, I'd make election day April 15th. Pay your taxes and vote.

Yep. Opposing viewpoints. In my world that's a good thing.

Borderline treason? :lol:

Why is it anything that is put up to root out or thwart corruption is borderline treason in the eyes of conservatives? From regulations to laws..anything that tries to grapple with the influence of money and wealth is treason.. Sheesh.

And no..I am not talking about a tax cut. You don't get a tax cut when you serve on the Jury. What I am talking about is a mandatory vote. I also think civics should be taught in school. Along with compulsory military or community service if at the age of 18 you opt not to go to college.

Radical I know. :lol:

Yep.

Simple as that.

The United States needs to build.

We are a nation of innovators, dreamers, and builders.

Time to shake off the crust and do what we do best.

Build.

We just need some immigrants from Europe that really know how to build with stone and mortar to do it. Germany, Italy, Spain....folks like that.

and some money to do it...

Because it's the same as 'sell by' dates on food. After a certain point, the product becomes dangerous to the public.

Look for instance how long every single politician up on charges was in office. Out of the Keating 5 during the S and L scandal, every one of the senators had 3 terms in... save John McCain... who's a scumball as is.

They've been in office too long, and think they they are immune from the law, and since the public is easily fooled and creatures of habit, the law must be used to keep them safe, the same way you pull bad meat off the shelf. You may get lucky if you buy it after that date... but do you want to risk it?

No it's not. People aren't food items. And McCain is a fine example of growth after doing something wrong. He went on to author McCain/Feingold.

And what "public"? Not many people even bother to vote. That should change. It should be mandatory to vote..like Jury Duty is mandatory.

Gee, we could make it religion day and pass the hat up and down the isles.:eusa_angel:

Election day should always be right after you pay your taxes.

It would end the careers of a lot of worthless tax and spenders.

Yep.

Simple as that.

Build.

We just need some immigrants from Europe that really know how to build with stone and mortar to do it. Germany, Italy, Spain....folks like that.

Yeah..cause it's not like they ever have worked with stone in places like Guatemala..

Oh wait:
$Picture 163.jpg

(Shameless vacation plug)

That's me..in Guatemala in front of a stone pyramid.

Travel. It's good for ya.

:lol:

Yep.

Simple as that.

Build.

and some money to do it...

Oh....that's simple.....just tax the rich and we'll be good to go.

Course the rich is basically anyone with a job.

The rich can work and the poor can lounge around in all of the new buildings they build.

It's perfect.

High speed rail that few will use at
Yep.

Simple as that.

Build.

build what?

More buildings that can sit empty? More roads that will cost billions over budget?

High speed rail, upgrade the energy grids, upgrade telecommunications infrastructure, hydroelectric dams, wind farms, solar farms, nuclear power plants..etc.

Sheesh..really?

High speed rail that few will use at the cost of billions of tax dollars.

Hydro electric dams that will flood tens of thousands of acres and put people out of their homes

Wind and solar farms that will uglify thousands of acres of wilderness

The only thing I can agree on is the grid and nuclear plants but since nukes are so heavily regulated and we are too stupid to recycle our nuclear waste, nuclear plants are almost impossible to build.

High speed rail that few will use at
build what?

More buildings that can sit empty? More roads that will cost billions over budget?

High speed rail, upgrade the energy grids, upgrade telecommunications infrastructure, hydroelectric dams, wind farms, solar farms, nuclear power plants..etc.

Sheesh..really?

High speed rail that few will use at the cost of billions of tax dollars.

Hydro electric dams that will flood tens of thousands of acres and put people out of their homes

Wind and solar farms that will uglify thousands of acres of wilderness

The only thing I can agree on is the grid and nuclear plants but since nukes are so heavily regulated and we are too stupid to recycle our nuclear waste, nuclear plants are almost impossible to build.

How much do these things cost?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdRVbr1OfKc]F22 Raptor - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2KYU97y2L8]USS Nimitz Navy Aircraft Carrier Operations - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=db5Xnw43uz0&feature=relmfu]Takeoff! - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF_TL7qsUSI&feature=related]Los Angeles Class Emergency Surfacing - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S6EDNrfSsA]Nuclear missile launch - YouTube[/ame]

Guess you missed the shake off the crust part.

You need a vacation.

I suggest Shanghai.

And when you come back..you can let me know..in no uncertain terms.

Why the Chinese are kicking our asses.

Shake off the crust/2 steps forward and then 20 back ... iMELT/GE sending 2 departments to china which will be in direct competition with the US not to mention 10 years down the road we will be crying about being behind in technology and wonder why and all this with a punch in the gut from the white house

From the sounds of it..GE must be the only company ever to engage in this sort of practice..since it seems to be the only company conservatives ever bring up.

Now why is that?

:lol:

I bring it up because its current and iMELT is sitting in an appointed seat, not paying taxes and the appointment is to create jobs here in the US not laugh because this job was harder than we thought I err ... mean not as shovel ready as we thought!

GE sending 2 departments to china which will be in direct competition with the US

Uhm, actually no. See, this is what I was alluding to before. China has a huge demand for green energy. GE landed a massive contract a few years back to provide various pieces and parts of China's push to go green. Things like electric trains.

Now, if we were to focus on that in this country, actually building green energy alternatives that we could sell to China, that would create jobs and get the economy moving again, while at the same reducing the amount we owe China. Win/Win.

I know many of you think green energy is for Communists, but in this case, seriously, think about what you're saying.

Cant do that here to many whiny ass liberals wanting to save a fish or butterfly. See in CHINA they do what they want ... too bad for you.
Green my ass they said they aren't interested in all the regulations we have here ... green what

Candidate Obama: "The problem is, is that the way Bush has done it over the last eight years is to take out a credit card from the Bank of China in the name of our children, driving up our national debt from $5 trillion for the first 42 presidents - #43 added $4 trillion by his lonesome, so that we now have over $9 trillion of debt that we are going to have to pay back -- $30,000 for every man, woman and child. That's irresponsible. It's unpatriotic." (July 3, 2008)

Forum List

Back