Browns on right track to be superbowl contenders again thanks to Clark Hunt

The OP doesn't seem to understand football very well.
Your smarmy prick is showing Uncle Torre.

You think the Browns are looking like championship material so far?
Nope...didn't say that. I said they have the personnel to be a good team. Which they do.

He always tries to put words in peoples mouths.:rolleyes:

Yeah they have the talent,they just need a new coach.the fact they lead the league in penaltys proves it,that is a reflection of the head coach. Plus they SHOULD be 2-1 instead but because of a moronic call against the Rams the other night,they are one and two because of HIM.

Because this is the BROWNS that have been so terrible for so many years,they should spend the money and get Holmgrem to come out of retirement. He has taken BOTH teams he coached to superbowls. money talks,spend the money and he would come out of retirement AND get them to their first superbowl ever.

Nope...didn't say that. I said they have the personnel to be a good team. Which they do.

They don't. Their QB is grossly overrated.

Meh...there are a thousand different variables which can affect performance. Many a great player was a 'bust' 'overrated', and a 'bum' at the start of their career.

Yeah they have the talent,they just need a new coach.the fact they lead the league in penaltys proves it,that is a reflection of the head coach. Plus they SHOULD be 2-1 instead but because of a moronic call against the Rams the other night,they are one and two because of HIM.

Because this is the BROWNS that have been so terrible for so many years,they should spend the money and get Holmgrem to come out of retirement. He has taken BOTH teams he coached to superbowls. money talks,spend the money and he would come out of retirement AND get them to their first superbowl ever.
I agree. I firmly believe, after damned near 40 years watching this game that systems make great players. Very few talents are diverse and eclectic enough to walk into ANY system and excel.
The Browns will EVENTUALLY find their man (e.g. Schottenheimer). When they do I think they will stomp some ass. They have the tools.

And you do?
:2up::abgg2q.jpg::haha::thankusmile:

He seems to have an obsession with you.No way would he have come on here and farted in my thread had you not posted here.:haha::lmao::laughing0301:
Lets see if he can tell you why you don't understand football very well. He can say you don't but can't put his finger on why. That's because he's just trolling.

I know,thats WHY i put this troll on ignore YEARS ago. you always feed him,i dont know WHY you do that.like you said,all he does is say something stupid and he cant back up it up with examples.

Like I did for example where I said IF the Browns fire the coach they have now and can get a good one out there like andy reid or sean mcvey or someone like that, I think THEN they will be a playoff contender year after year where as it stands now,as long as they have the coach they do now,i dont believe that will happen.the team might be talented enough to overcome having a bad coach like the chiefs were when they had marty shittenheimer,but i dont think so.
The lions are exceeding our expectations. I would have expected the lions to be 1 and 2 now not 2 and 0 with 1 tie. Even Green Bay has a loss on their record. We don’t. And they lost to the eagles. I think that matters knowing that when we play Aaron Rodgers. We got to stop worshipping that guy.

The browns are 1 and 2. And people are expecting them to lose to the ravens tomorrow. Face it, that’s not a Super Bowl contender. It’s not the coach. If the team sucks, or they aren’t as good as Tennessee Titans, who blew them out, that’s not the coach that’s bad talent of huge weaknesses. Only one td and no defense.

Then you beat the Jets. Yawn.

No offense against the rams. What, one td again?

Paahleez.

It’s all in fun. Unkotare is such an asshole. We have fun in every forum except politics. And we are able to separate politics from sports. But he can’t be a normal person anywhere. He’s got to be such an asshole in real life.

And you do?
:2up::abgg2q.jpg::haha::thankusmile:

He seems to have an obsession with you.No way would he have come on here and farted in my thread had you not posted here.:haha::lmao::laughing0301:
Lets see if he can tell you why you don't understand football very well. He can say you don't but can't put his finger on why. That's because he's just trolling.

I know,thats WHY i put this troll on ignore YEARS ago. you always feed him,i dont know WHY you do that.like you said,all he does is say something stupid and he cant back up it up with examples.

Like I did for example where I said IF the Browns fire the coach they have now and can get a good one out there like andy reid or sean mcvey or someone like that, I think THEN they will be a playoff contender year after year where as it stands now,as long as they have the coach they do now,i dont believe that will happen.the team might be talented enough to overcome having a bad coach like the chiefs were when they had marty shittenheimer,but i dont think so.
He’s the only person I ever put on ignore. But now I like it. He’s such a hypocrite

I agree. I firmly believe, after damned near 40 years watching this game that systems make great players. Very few talents are diverse and eclectic enough to walk into ANY system and excel.
The Browns will EVENTUALLY find their man (e.g. Schottenheimer). When they do I think they will stomp some ass. They have the tools.
Just not a good franchise.

The bengals suck too.

The bengals suck too.
How long did the Pats suck? 41 years till their first Super Bowl
How long did the Steelers suck? 41 years till their first Super Bowl win
How long did the 49ers sucks? 35 years till their fist Super Bowl win.

Do some research..you will see that the Browns are certainly NOT unique.

The bengals suck too.

Its tough to hire top shelf coaches when a team has had a terrible history. Remember this is the expansion Browns. The Ravens actually won a Super Bowl within a few years of moving to Baltimore. Fans don't count the NFL Championships before the Super Bowl. But they count just the same.

The bengals suck too.

Its tough to hire top shelf coaches when a team has had a terrible history. Remember this is the expansion Browns. The Ravens actually won a Super Bowl within a few years of moving to Baltimore. Fans don't count the NFL Championships before the Super Bowl. But they count just the same.
Even so...look at teams like the Eagles...1960 NFL Champs...2018 Superbowl Champs...58 years.

The bengals suck too.

Hey I’m a lions fan. I feel your pain.

The bengals suck too.

I remember one season where it felt like the lions could have won it all. It almost felt like that year in Chicago with the refrigerator perry. Billy Sims was our running back.

Never with Barry Sanders did I even feel like we had a potential championship team.

And I can tell you the last time Cleveland had a championship potential team Bernie kozar was their about. Even then I never thought they would do it.

The current Cleveland Browns team doesn’t have a potential Super Bowl contender. Dallas does, god dammit, but not Cleveland. Not even close. They need a better everything.

Remember Detroit had megatron so having Odell beckom doesn’t impress me.

The bengals suck too.

yeah in reality the Browns HAVE not only gone but won the superbowl,Had they not moved,they would not be on the list of teams that have not been there. The Ravens team was all cleveland players so i always tell people the cleveland browns really HAVE been to the superbowl before and won it.. KInda like it really wasnt the La Raiders that won the superbowl,it was in reality the OAKLAND raiders that won it against the redskins the fact the majority of the players on that roster all came out of oakland.

yesterdays blowout win against the Ravens was a turning point for the Browns and a MAJOR step in establishing themselves as a contender this year. they are tied with the Ravens for first place and they beat them on the ROAD yesterday so i dont see them losing at home the next time they face. they not only beat the Ravens they DESTROYED them scoring over 40 points against a defense that is touch to score on.True the chiefs the week before,scored i think as many points on them as well but hey that was pat mahomes at quarterback,who it cannot be argued is the greatest quarterback in the league playing right now and i know this sounds crazy,but arguably maybe the best quarterback ever.He ALREADY has like 20 come from behind wins in the fourth quarter now and only a little over one year playing AND he can carry a team ALL by himself on his shoulders and win the game by himself. there was monday night game last year against the broncos where he did that,he had no help from his receivers catching the ball,no rrunning game,and no defense,he won it all by HIMSELF.

sealybobo got a taste of his greatness yesterday didnt you sealy?:biggrin:

I mentioned earlier that in football,you dont have to have a good coach to be a playoff contender year after year. Marty was a good coach in the beginning with cleveland but after he went to kansas city,he got senile and arrogant and stupid,he was not a good coach that entire time when he was with the chiefs,now with the chargers later.In both case,he just had the talent around him to make him look good,the chiefs were playoff contenders year after year DESPITE marty not because of him. same with bill belicheat which is going to hurt the feelings of a certain troll here of course.they win DESPITE him. tom brady saved his ass from the toilet of being a loser his whole life.:lmao::laughing0301:

In football and baseball,you can be good and be a contender year after year without having a good coach when you have excellent talent. basketball is the one sport where you HAVE to have a good coach to be a contender year after year.

Last edited:

The bengals suck too.

I remember one season where it felt like the lions could have won it all. It almost felt like that year in Chicago with the refrigerator perry. Billy Sims was our running back.

Never with Barry Sanders did I even feel like we had a potential championship team.

And I can tell you the last time Cleveland had a championship potential team Bernie kozar was their about. Even then I never thought they would do it.

The current Cleveland Browns team doesn’t have a potential Super Bowl contender. Dallas does, god dammit, but not Cleveland. Not even close. They need a better everything.

Remember Detroit had megatron so having Odell beckom doesn’t impress me.

you STILL going to say that after yesterday?:abgg2q.jpg: until yesterday i thought they needed a really good coach to be better,that was their major weakeness.but as i said,football same as baseball,you DONT have to have good coach to be great like you need in basketball. there have been many teams over the years that had great talent but not such a great coach but were still playoff contenders year after year,i just mentioned two of them.:biggrin: cleveland looks like it might be one of those teams now that can ALSO be a playoff contender this year DESPITE a bad coach.

The Browns should have the record the Rams have and the Rams should have the record the Browns have,It is one horrible call by the Browns coach that has made the Browns 2-2 instead of 3-1 like they SHOULD be and WHY the Rams are 3-1 instead of 2 and 2 like THEY should be.

The Browns should have the record the Rams have and the Rams should have the record the Browns have,It is one horrible call by the Browns coach that has made the Browns 2-2 instead of 3-1 like they SHOULD be and WHY the Rams are 3-1 instead of 2 and 2 like THEY should be.
Its not all the time but the home field and bye means a lot during the playoffs. Especially for teams going from warmer areas to colder areas to play. With dome teams there is an asterisk and if talented enough they can win anywhere.

Its not all the time but the home field and bye means a lot during the playoffs. Especially for teams going from warmer areas to colder areas to play. With dome teams there is an asterisk and if talented enough they can win anywhere.

yeah thats why The colts were able to make it to the superbowl three times despite playing in a dome. Manning was one of the greatest quarterbacks ever so being outdoors did not bother him.

Like Mayfield however I am not sold on his abilities quite yet, I might be wrong and Cleveland is young but I just can't put my finger on why I don't trust Baker.

ahh the good old days when the game was not corrupt as it is now.:thup: sure miss those goold old classic stadiums like this one the Browns played in and the LA coliseum where the Rams play. I am going to that game at the LA coliseum when the Rams play their last home game there against the ST LOUIS Cardinals. want to cherish that moment of them playing in that classic stadium where they SHOULD play all their future games there. FUCK the new stadium.:mad: All those rams fans out there in LA excited about the new tecno stadium are idiots putting shiny brand new stadiums ahead of history. beam me up scotty,there is no intelligent life forms on this planet.:mad: I'll take the old classic LA coliseum ballpark over a fancy dancy state of the art stadium everytime anyday of the year.:mad:

70939946_10156159435730981_1133995211525980160_n.png

Last edited:

Forum List

Back