Brexit dividend - Exports to Europe collapse

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

The brewery now has just one EU customer, a Berlin pub operator who travels to England by van to pick up the beer. The value of the Kent brewery’s annual beer exports have fallen from £600,000 to £2,000.

Virginia Hodge, export manager at the brewery, based at Tenterden, said: “Some transport companies won’t take alcohol now because of all the transit documents you need. I used to be able to make up a case of beer and send it by courier [to the EU] and now I have to send it through the full customs declaration. Our customers in Europe say they want to take British beer, but it’s just not cost effective. They’ve got to do a lot more paperwork.”

This "taking back control" shit is very confusing. Sovereignty doesnt pay the rent. Brexit is destroying small business across the UK. The UK is a trading nation that cant trade.

The brewery now has just one EU customer, a Berlin pub operator who travels to England by van to pick up the beer. The value of the Kent brewery’s annual beer exports have fallen from £600,000 to £2,000.

Virginia Hodge, export manager at the brewery, based at Tenterden, said: “Some transport companies won’t take alcohol now because of all the transit documents you need. I used to be able to make up a case of beer and send it by courier [to the EU] and now I have to send it through the full customs declaration. Our customers in Europe say they want to take British beer, but it’s just not cost effective. They’ve got to do a lot more paperwork.”

This "taking back control" shit is very confusing. Sovereignty doesnt pay the rent. Brexit is destroying small business across the UK. The UK is a trading nation that cant trade.
WTF drinks British beer. I've lived in CZ for 25 years and I think I've had one Guinness at an Irish pub. Oh no, that's Irish.

Forum List

Back