Brexit benefit - untreated sewage dumped in sea and rivers

I dont have a detailed answer but I do know that they introduced a blue flag system on our beaches so that you know if the water is clean.
It was onc a an achievement to get the flag and now its a mark of shame as places lose it.

They need the EU to post a blue flag?

Difficult to find any clean water to bathe in these days. Water was privatised by the tories and the water companies spend their money paying out vast dividends to shareholders than updating a crumbling system.

They run monopolies and are overseen by supine regulators who seem to act as cheerleaders for the robber barons. Bills up, dividends up , leaks up , investment down.

Another failed thatcher policy.

and a really terrible one. So now England is due to have drought and these independent people are only thinking of doing something now. I have wondered how much these companies will charge as water gets in shorter supply. Thankfully Scottish water is owned by the Scottish people. How about Wales? I really have thought it was immoral the way countries were selling their water.

Difficult to find any clean water to bathe in these days. Water was privatised by the tories and the water companies spend their money paying out vast dividends to shareholders than updating a crumbling system.

They run monopolies and are overseen by supine regulators who seem to act as cheerleaders for the robber barons. Bills up, dividends up , leaks up , investment down.

This was a stupid thread the two previous times you started it, and this third instance, is just as stupid as the first two attempts.

Never happened when we were in the EU.
biden-malarkey-S.jpg

I dont have a detailed answer but I do know that they introduced a blue flag system on our beaches so that you know if the water is clean.
It was onc a an achievement to get the flag and now its a mark of shame as places lose it.
So, according to you, the EU didn't do anything to clean the water but they did institute a FLAG system!

Has London finished their multi-billion dollar sewer treatment plant or are they still using the Thames River as their septic tank?

It is fascinating the way our American Friends have no problems swimming with faeces. It totally disgusts the way they support this illegal activity where British children are drinking sewerage and certainly ought to warn anyone who was thinking of a holiday in the US which involved swimming, to go somewhere else.

................"I think it's a disgrace. You've got children swimming. And you know, you can't tell your kids to not drink the water. So you've literally got children drinking sewage, which is the kind of thing you might expect in parts of Africa or India, but, you know, Western Europe," he said.

In a statement, Southern Water said: "There were thunderstorms accompanied by heavy rain the night before last and [Tuesday]. Storm releases were made to protect homes, schools and businesses from flooding. The release is 95-97% rainwater and so should not be described as raw sewage.
"We know customers do not like that the industry has to rely on these [discharges] to protect them, and we are pioneering a new approach."
Last year Southern Water was fined a record £90m after admitting deliberately dumping vast amounts of sewage into the sea across the south coast.
Under EU law, these kinds of sewage discharges are legal only in "exceptional" circumstances. They happen mostly after heavy rain, when there is a risk that pipes that carry storm-water, along with sewage, may overflow.
However, in 2020 and 2021, there were almost 400,000 such events.

In a statement, the Environment Agency said that sewage pollution could be "devastating to human health, local biodiversity and our environment". It said it would not "hesitate to act to eliminate the harm sewage discharges cause to the environment".
It has previously called for the top executives of England's water companies to face jail when serious incidents of pollution occur.
Hugo Tagholm, chief executive of Surfers Against Sewage, said: "Our rivers and beaches are once again being treated as open sewers. Years of underinvestment is now in plain sight."

It is fascinating the way our American Friends have no problems swimming with faeces. It totally disgusts the way they support this illegal activity where British children are drinking sewerage and certainly ought to warn anyone who was thinking of a holiday in the US which involved swimming, to go somewhere else.

Put down the crack pipe.

An excellent way to get rid of all those muzzies since few of them can swim.

Forum List

Back