Breastfeeding= Nanny State

She's referring to AOL's report that The President will push for funding for Breast pumps.

I mean, I consider Bachmann a straight up loon, but I agree with her 100% here:

Obama will push for tax breaks for breast pumps and other nursing supplies and for more flexibility in the workplace so women can breast feed, according to AOL's Politics Daily. The effort is part of the first lady's campaign to reduce childhood obesity.

"I've given birth to five babies, and I breast-fed every single one," Bachmann said. "To think that government has to go out and buy my breast pump. ... That's the new definition of a nanny state."

We're fucking broke. Inane nonsense like subsidizing breast pumps is probably a good part of the reason.

/thread

Why should the government provide anybody with a breast pump? If you can't afford the things a baby would need, or things that you would need for the baby, maybe you shouldn't be having a baby. Should have given that some thought prior to the need...

Why does everyone keep talking about the government providing breast pumps? They aren't buying them, they're just giving a tax break for them. Not the same thing, not by a long shot. If the government wants to let you keep more of your money to spend as you see fit, then why is that a bad thing? It certainly is nowhere NEAR the same as the government taking the money and buying it for you, and it's not a nanny state.

The tax break for breast feeding will result in a "Trickle Down"

Conservatism at its finest

How about you bring something to the table dummy?

Oh dang, another worthless RW thread.

Shocking that he couldn't even quote his own source correctly... Really, I'm so surprised.

Next I see RW on damage control by trying to equate a nanny state to breast pumps VS "oil pumps." Oh, I understand it's an attack on the oil hungry righties, makes me wonder if RW used any oil based products today, like his computer.

So, yes RW... If the Government gives tax credits or help to oil companies to buy "oil pumps" that could be looked at as a nanny state, kind of. When the Government has to help people go through school (college), buy a house, buy a washer/dryer, buy food and send their children to school... Pay for peoples HC and pay them to be un-employed then yes, helping them buy breast pumps would be another added example to the "nanny state." Do you disagree RW, or are you that mentally challenged?

Keep the retarded threads coming RW, you inspire people every day to move from the left and think for themselves.

lol, *Retardism* is RW ideology hahah.

I mean... question for you RW, not that you could answer it... Are you against Government subsidizing "oil pumps?" If so, why on what grounds being you support the Government subsidizing breast pumps, Lol I can't wait.

Fucking dishonest lying sack of shit leftist

If you disagree on a stance, that is one thing... you foul worthless waste of oxygen... but your misrepresentation is fucking horse shit

I directly quote USA Today....It is Bachmann who is a waste of oxygen raising the issue of "Nanny State"

What a tool

No.. you fucking douchebag...

It is not only a leftist reporter misrepresenting some, it is you expanding it and promoting the misrepresentation further.... you know this is not about being against breastfeeding, but rather tax breaks for breast pumps... a completely DIFFERENT thing...

But to you, who likes to paint a stance on misinformation, lies, and bullshit rhetoric, it is motherfucking par for the motherfucking course....

Like I said... you disagree with a stance, that is one thing.... argue it truthfully.... what you are doing now, and do continually with misrepresentation, is goddamn fucking bullshit

Go fuck yourself, wrongwinger

*logical fallacies*

Non-critical thinkers are dishonest, arrogant and self-absorbed, btw. Remind you of anyone?

if she can show some correlation between a lack of breast pumps, lack of ability to purchase and a medical issue, i.e. breast feeding is a) better and b) the reason mothers don't breast feed more/longer whatever, is because a pump is out of reach due to price etc....then I'd say its up for discussion and might have to be addressed.... has she presented such evidence?

if she can show some correlation between a lack of breast pumps, lack of ability to purchase and a medical issue, i.e. breast feeding is a) better and b) the reason mothers don't breast feed more/longer whatever, is because a pump is out of reach due to price etc....then I'd say its up for discussion and might have to be addressed.... has she presented such evidence?

I believe this can be filed under "Trying to buy the mommy vote."

Shocking that he couldn't even quote his own source correctly... Really, I'm so surprised.

Next I see RW on damage control by trying to equate a nanny state to breast pumps VS "oil pumps." Oh, I understand it's an attack on the oil hungry righties, makes me wonder if RW used any oil based products today, like his computer.

So, yes RW... If the Government gives tax credits or help to oil companies to buy "oil pumps" that could be looked at as a nanny state, kind of. When the Government has to help people go through school (college), buy a house, buy a washer/dryer, buy food and send their children to school... Pay for peoples HC and pay them to be un-employed then yes, helping them buy breast pumps would be another added example to the "nanny state." Do you disagree RW, or are you that mentally challenged?

Keep the retarded threads coming RW, you inspire people every day to move from the left and think for themselves.

I mean... question for you RW, not that you could answer it... Are you against Government subsidizing "oil pumps?" If so, why on what grounds being you support the Government subsidizing breast pumps, Lol I can't wait.

Breast pumps themselves are a non-issue a 50 dollar item will yield maybe a 20 buck tax break. What is the issue is that the government is being called a nanny state for advocating healthy activities
It once again shows the pettiness and vindictiveness of Bachmann
The first lady has every right to advocate breastfeeding and trying to remove restrictions in the workplace
Does Bachmann even know what a nanny state is?

No, the state is being called a nanny state for trying to spend money on breast pumps as a way to induce women to breast feed.

Breast pumps themselves are a non-issue a 50 dollar item will yield maybe a 20 buck tax break. What is the issue is that the government is being called a nanny state for advocating healthy activities
The first lady has every right to advocate breastfeeding and trying to remove restrictions in the workplace

I lived in a muslim country for four years. You can't imagine what the restrictions were on breast feeding in public.

Yeah, a nanny state is a state that tells you what to do and where to do it, and provides you with the things you need to do those things (in a limited and usually crappy fashion).

For example, the nanny state decides everybody should breast feed. So crappy breast pumps are issued and employers are forced to provide *lactation* rooms for mothers to go into every couple of hours to express breast milk...which will be stored, no doubt, in state-issued containers, in a little state-issued refrigerator.

Obama will be pushing for tax breaks for breast pumps and other nursing supplies and for more flexibility in the workplace so women can breast feed, according to AOL's Politics Daily. The effort is part of the first lady's campaign to reduce childhood obesity.

"I've given birth to five babies and I breast fed every single one," Bachmann said. "To think that government has to go out and buy my breast pump. ... That's the new definition of a nanny state."

Personally.... I am in Bauchmanns corner.

Why do we have to give tax breaks for pumps. How about just let us keep more of our money, and if folks want to buy a breat pump.... let them.

Yep.... "Nanny State"

Whats next.... tax breaks for cloth diapers? :cuckoo:

Want less taxes, cut the military by 98%, and bring the troops home. BUT lets look at the HYPOCRITE who hates breast feeding mothers tax break.

Michele married Marcus Bachmann. They have raised five children (Lucas, Harrison, Elisa, Caroline, and Sophia), and provided foster care for 23 other children.[13][14] STATE FREEBIES TO RAISE KIDS!!

Bachmann and her husband own a Christian counseling clinic in Stillwater.

FEDERAL TAX BREAKS FOR THE CHURCH & FAITH BASED CHARITY FROM THE FRDS!!

Bachmann also has an ownership stake in a Waumandee, Wisconsin family farm. From 1995 through 2006, the Bachmann family farm has received $251,973 in federal subsidies, chiefly for dairy and corn price supports.

AND I SHOULD WORRY ABOUT A $5.00 BREAST PUMP FOR AMERICAN BABIES? FUCK THAT BITCH!!!

No, the state is being called a nanny state for trying to spend money on breast pumps as a way to induce women to breast feed.

No

The state is trying to remove impediments to women being able to breast feed their child. If a woman cannot pump milk at work, she will give up on breastfeeding

Obama will be pushing for tax breaks for breast pumps and other nursing supplies and for more flexibility in the workplace so women can breast feed, according to AOL's Politics Daily. The effort is part of the first lady's campaign to reduce childhood obesity.

"I've given birth to five babies and I breast fed every single one," Bachmann said. "To think that government has to go out and buy my breast pump. ... That's the new definition of a nanny state."

Personally.... I am in Bauchmanns corner.

Why do we have to give tax breaks for pumps. How about just let us keep more of our money, and if folks want to buy a breat pump.... let them.

Yep.... "Nanny State"

Whats next.... tax breaks for cloth diapers? :cuckoo:

Want less taxes, cut the military by 98%, and bring the troops home. BUT lets look at the HYPOCRITE who hates breast feeding mothers tax break.

Michele married Marcus Bachmann. They have raised five children (Lucas, Harrison, Elisa, Caroline, and Sophia), and provided foster care for 23 other children.[13][14] STATE FREEBIES TO RAISE KIDS!!

Bachmann and her husband own a Christian counseling clinic in Stillwater.

FEDERAL TAX BREAKS FOR THE CHURCH & FAITH BASED CHARITY FROM THE FRDS!!

Bachmann also has an ownership stake in a Waumandee, Wisconsin family farm. From 1995 through 2006, the Bachmann family farm has received $251,973 in federal subsidies, chiefly for dairy and corn price supports.

AND I SHOULD WORRY ABOUT A $5.00 BREAST PUMP FOR AMERICAN BABIES? FUCK THAT BITCH!!!

:eusa_eh:

No, the state is trying to rope in money to herd women into lactation rooms.

You mean the wicked NANNY STATE is trying to turn them into cows??

Those Bastards

No wonder Bachman is so upset

The Thread title is inaccurate.

The Nanny State is now the Mammary State.

More and more people suck at the government teat.

I have to share this because Shittoo just reminded me of quite a few people who think they have a right to money from the government, and who also think that anyone who objects to insane spending should receive nada....

I have a family on my caseload that consists of an elderly man (receives $726 in social security), his very, very dim wife (who has medical through the state) and two foster children, who are actually children of another family member, for which they receive over $2000 a month, as one has some special needs.

Well a while back while doing a review, child welfare discovered the husband was a sex offender. They required him to leave the home until they could review the situation, and upon reviewing it discovered his crime was fairly out there (did I mention this is a family known for incest? It is).

So he left the home. The wife has applied not once, but 2 x for cash assistance; for which she is not eligible. When I ask her where the money goes, she said that she doesn't feel right taking money from her HUSBAND, PLUS she's paying his hospital and prescription bills.

So she's using that money to pay her sex offender husband's medical costs (he's not in the HH, has income of his own).

That's offensive enough. Even more offensive is what their landlord, who has not been charging them rent, did when he found out...

He sent a letter to the husband saying that if the state was going to require him to move out, then he was not interested in providing shelter for *wards of the state* and should get some money too...and further more he wanted back rent for a couple of months, and if he didn't get it, he was going to sue the state for it.

Crazy, I know. And typical of the frothing madness of those who think the state exists to wipe their ass for them. On the one hand, he stated in the letter that he hated the government; on the other hand, he said they had to pay him or he was dumping this family out on the street, and if they didn't pay him he would sue them.

All very funny, considering this family is eligible for NO cash assistance, and brings home more than I do.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat

Oh my LoLing gawd hahaha... It's only 20$... Yes RW, it only cost the tax payer 20$.

evidence please, links?

Forum List

Back