Breaking: Obama To Address Nation Tonight. Will Bypass Congress & Invoke 14th Amendmt

Her interpretation of what would happen if the default would happen is correct.

Is that what you want?

You're slower than usual today.

"I question the wisdom of incurring those debts, not the validity of the debt once it's been incurred"

Get it now?

I want Obama to agree to spending cuts already.
I want Obamacare repealed today.
Maybe those two things would get you what you want, another Obama term.

No, Todd, you are willing to support the real probability that terrible times will come because of your support for the wrong position on the debt crisis.

The little teabots continue to goose step to the Tea Party march music.

If your words logically follow MaggieMae's interpretation of what you said, then you did indeed say it.

I said.....
"I question the wisdom of incurring those debts, not the validity of the debt once it's been incurred"

Too much money was borrowed and spent and wasted on programs that should not exist.
Once the money has been borrowed, the debt must be serviced.

I don't know how she came up with her interpretation, but it is faulty.

But you have to understand the code here. Leftists get to interpret what is said any way they want to interpret it.

Those who aren't leftists don't. We usually aren't even allowed to repeat what is actually said. :)

No, Todd, you are willing to support the real probability that terrible times will come because of your support for the wrong position on the debt crisis.

The little teabots continue to goose step to the Tea Party march music.

If they can't come to an agreement and Obama doesn't pay bondholders first, I agree, the result will be terrible.
And guarantee Obama's defeat.
Although with unemployment at 9.2% and heading higher, he's probably already toast.

The results will guarantee his re-election, for as Alan Simpson just said, the great American center will not blame the center or the left, it will blame the Republican far right. Believe it.

Todd, your dreams will become nightmares.

The results will guarantee his re-election, for as Alan Simpson just said, the great American center will not blame the center or the left, it will blame the Republican far right. Believe it.

If they don't agree, Treasury gets to decide who gets paid.
If Obama and Geithner stiff the bondholders, Obama is done.
He'll be lucky to win Illinois.

If your words logically follow MaggieMae's interpretation of what you said, then you did indeed say it.

I said.....

Too much money was borrowed and spent and wasted on programs that should not exist.
Once the money has been borrowed, the debt must be serviced.

I don't know how she came up with her interpretation, but it is faulty.

But you have to understand the code here. Leftists get to interpret what is said any way they want to interpret it.

Those who aren't leftists don't. We usually aren't even allowed to repeat what is actually said. :)
Play that Perpetual VICTIM Card! Nobody plays fair with the sweet innocent CON$. :lol:

The day a right-winger ever repeats what is actually said will be the day the world comes to an end!

The far right extremists do not like context. They do not like facts. They hate narratives being twisted to the facts, while they prefer twisting facts to their predetermined philosophies. They hate the reality in which they live, and ever more are fearful that is going to overcome them.

I must confess, I missed the speech. Did the President invoke the 14th amendment like USAR said he would?
Of course not. In the very speech the CON$ perverted to claim Obama would bypass Congress, he actually said he wouldn't!!! The part in red is what they dishonestly used to manufacture their lie.

THE PRESIDENT: Now, I know some people want me to bypass Congress and change the laws on my own. (Applause.) And believe me, right now dealing with Congress --

AUDIENCE: Yes, you can! Yes, you can! Yes, you can! Yes, you can! Yes, you can!

THE PRESIDENT: Believe me -- believe me, the idea of doing things on my own is very tempting. (Laughter.) I promise you. Not just on immigration reform. (Laughter.) But that's not how -- that's not how our system works.

AUDIENCE MEMBER: Change it!

THE PRESIDENT: That's not how our democracy functions. That's not how our Constitution is written.

So let's be honest. I need a dance partner here -- and the floor is empty. (Laughter.)

Permit me to state the problem as I see it. Both parties have contributed to massive spending by the feds for decades with no end in sight.

The Tea party movement has disrupted this paradigm by getting a substantial number of Republican Representatives elected with a vow to reverse this spending trend.

The occasion for implementing this plan is to force the issue using the annual raising of the debt ceiling as the battleground.

The choosing of this battleground is fatally flawed, IMO, because the Republicans do not control two of the three parts of the government needed to pass a bill, the Senate and the Presidency.

So, the Republican HR passes a bill that then Senate and President will not abide. The Senate, with the blessing of the President, submits their version but the house will not consider it. Stalemate.

The credibility of the players has been staked. Now, who blinks first will loose.

Say that no one blinks by August 2, will subsequent events, after the default, introduce a new cast of characters? I would think the Senate and House leadership will resign, the President will announce he will sign a reasonable bill and a compromise will become a reality.

As for the mid to long term, the battle will continue with no clear cut winner and America will have suffered a bit more at the hands of our elected representatives.

(Oh, I deleted the part where I said "God damn them sons of bitches)

Last edited:
Which is why we have all this political theater of delays. Just a carefully orchestrated plan to use up time. This forces the House plan to be passed.

The President just spoke, the House Republicans are still in caucus. The President, although he said nothing new, stole a march on the House.

The world, literally, is waiting. I'm going to mow the grass.

Last edited:
Obama made it quite clear this morning that the Tea Party will not decide this issue, that it will be a bipartisan consensus. Boehner and Pelosi are in phone caucus.

OK, I'm a little slow. The President and Senate want the house to pass a bill so that it can go to the Senate where it will be revised then that will become the basis for compromise. Hope there is enough time.

The President waved that Social Security bogyman again. Taking to my geriatric friends at the local breakfast café revealed a deep animosity toward any one in government right now.

If they don't agree, Treasury gets to decide who gets paid.
If Obama and Geithner stiff the bondholders, Obama is done.
He'll be lucky to win Illinois.

They won't stiff the bondholders:

#1 - Bondholders
#2 - Military pay
#3 - Social Security benefits

Permit me to state the problem as I see it. Both parties have contributed to massive spending by the feds for decades with no end in sight.

The Tea party movement has disrupted this paradigm by getting a substantial number of Republican Representatives elected with a vow to reverse this spending trend.

The occasion for implementing this plan is to force the issue using the annual raising of the debt ceiling as the battleground.

The choosing of this battleground is fatally flawed, IMO, because the Republicans do not control two of the three parts of the government needed to pass a bill, the Senate and the Presidency.

So, the Republican HR passes a bill that then Senate and President will not abide. The Senate, with the blessing of the President, submits their version but the house will not consider it. Stalemate.

The credibility of the players has been staked. Now, who blinks first will loose.

Say that no one blinks by August 2, will subsequent events, after the default, introduce a new cast of characters? I would think the Senate and House leadership will resign, the President will announce he will sign a reasonable bill and a compromise will become a reality.

As for the mid to long term, the battle will continue with no clear cut winner and America will have suffered a bit more at the hands of our elected representatives.

(Oh, I deleted the part where I said "God damn them sons of bitches)

I would predict that the President and both leaders (Boehner and Reid) will be the sole occupants of a room to put the deal together at the eleventh hour, just as they did when the tax cuts were set to expire at midnight last December 31st.

But the next round will be the cuts, as it should be.

OK, I'm a little slow. The President and Senate want the house to pass a bill so that it can go to the Senate where it will be revised then that will become the basis for compromise. Hope there is enough time.

The President waved that Social Security bogyman again. Taking to my geriatric friends at the local breakfast café revealed a deep animosity toward any one in government right now.

Nope, the House waits so long that revisions to the bill cannot be made. If fact, there will barely be enough time for Obama to sign it into law. This is the whole reason for the delays.

saveliberty the President will veto the bill if the Republicans do not give the Dems the time and constitutional right to revise and build consensus.

The President will win if the Tea Party pushes it that far. 1 of 5 Americans support the Tea Party and that % is dropping.

Forum List

Back