BREAKING NEWS: Chi @ GB - People walking out of the stands!!!

A true patriot will not judge another American for protesting in a civilized manner.
BS, you are judging about people judging everyone makes value judgements everyone judges. Hypocrite.

I'm just telling you what a true patriot is. A true patriot would love to see the first amendment in action, even if they don't agree with it.

You are seeing the first amendment in action...people are protesting the disrespecting of the flag and the country.

So, True Patriot...stfu and quit judging.
If you are really for the First Amendment...why do you want people to stfu?

He said as a True Patriot, he should not judge... so what the fuck are you asking me for? Ask him.

I never said that I am a True Patriot...because I judge.

But neither are you.

I seriously doubt anyone is walking out on a game that GB was winning by 14. (it was on drudge)

The reason is that they paid out the ass to see the millionaire whiners play, who is going to throw that money away? I would request they boycott the concession stands. So I expect the place to be full. Especially considering that most people never served a day in their life. Never had to sacrifice one minute of their time for anyone other then themselves, so they will continue. BUT the stadium is a small part of the desired audience. Turning it off at home costs nothing, let's see if true patriots turn out in sufficient numbers.

A true patriot will not judge another American for protesting in a civilized manner.
BS, you are judging about people judging everyone makes value judgements everyone judges. Hypocrite.

I'm just telling you what a true patriot is. A true patriot would love to see the first amendment in action, even if they don't agree with it.

You are seeing the first amendment in action...people are protesting the disrespecting of the flag and the country.

Which is more important to you (i.e. which would you like to no longer see again):

That people not kneel when the National Anthem is played?

or

That black people not be shot to death at routine traffic stops?

Unfortunately, similar to the link between the Paris Accord and addressing climate change, I don't see how taking a knee for the anthem alters the behaviour of bad police/policing, and/or unfortunate encounters where the police aggression was warranted.

Now if all these players donated 10-20% of their salaries, or took a Wednesday off to go speak at groups working to address concerns in the community etc, I could see the benefit. To Colin K's credit, he donated some of his salary if I recall correctly, which by and large is more effective than a symbolic, somewhat (or very) offensive action at the workplace, which targets an entire nation.

A true patriot will insist all other Americans sign a loyalty oath before they are permitted to enter the stands.

Which is more important to you (i.e. which would you like to no longer see again):

or

Unfortunately, similar to the link between the Paris Accord and addressing climate change, I don't see how taking a knee for the anthem alters the behaviour of bad police/policing, and/or unfortunate encounters where the police aggression was warranted.

Now if all these players donated 10-20% of their salaries, or took a Wednesday off to go speak at groups working to address concerns in the community etc, I could see the benefit. To Colin K's credit, he donated some of his salary if I recall correctly, which by and large is more effective than a symbolic, somewhat (or very) offensive action at the workplace, which targets an entire nation.

That wasn't my question.

My question was which of my two scenarios would you prefer to see stop.

That's right NFL!!! People are walking out of Lambeau Field!!!

I think that Trumps thunderous words struck like lightning! The NFL is DONE!

They walked out AFTER they bought tickets? Yeah, that is going to kill the NFL.

But then, Trump did kill the USFL back in the 1980s. Sued the NFL too. Sued for $1.2 billion. Was awarded $3.76. That is three dollars and seventy-six cents.

No one said it? GB is not normal NFL. I believe it it publicly owned/traded. Fans are caught by "investment" IMVHO.

Brought to you by Google talk typing, also hand typed tablet posted. some of each....

Last edited:
Did you hear on the news that it is Russian tweeters and bots pushing all the stories on this NFL thing to put division between us? That's what came out in the congressional hearing today...

are we all fools?

Criminals getting shot resisting Police capture is not a good cause for Protest......they can Protest but fans don't have to support the NFL mensa group. I lost interest....late 90s due to "no action". Action is improving But now This protesting Will keep me out Again Google talk typing at the end hand typing the first part

Last edited:

He said as a True Patriot, he should not judge... so what the fuck are you asking me for? Ask him.
Are you not the one who told him to stfu?
I said "stfu and quit judging"...holding him to his own standard. If you can't see the calling out of hypocrisy in my statement...sorry...I don't have time to draw you picture.

I seriously doubt anyone is walking out on a game that GB was winning by 14. (it was on drudge)

The reason is that they paid out the ass to see the millionaire whiners play, who is going to throw that money away? I would request they boycott the concession stands. So I expect the place to be full. Especially considering that most people never served a day in their life. Never had to sacrifice one minute of their time for anyone other then themselves, so they will continue. BUT the stadium is a small part of the desired audience. Turning it off at home costs nothing, let's see if true patriots turn out in sufficient numbers.

or

False dichotomy...it's not an either or situation.

Want to stop black people from getting shot at routine traffic stops? Reduce the 52% of all homicides in our nation that are committed by black males which make up a mere 7% of the population. Reduce the nearly 40% of all violent crime that are committed in this nation by that same 7% of the population...black males.

Link to statistics (fact check BBC Channel 4) FactCheck: do black Americans commit more crime?

Jessie Jackson summed it up...and you won't call him a racist for saying it..

"There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps... then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved.” Jesse Jackson

Last edited:

But neither are you.

Everyone judges.

But neither are you.

Everyone judges.

Then no one is a true patriot.

Criminals getting shot resisting Police capture is not a good cause for Protest.....

Criminal resisting police capture like Philando Castile?

That was a very unfortunate case.

One of the first things I did before carrying a gun the first time was research how to handle a traffic stop while armed. I learned rule one was to never say "I have a gun" or "I'm carrying a firearm"...but instead to keep my hands on the wheel, or in plain view and say "I have a CCW permit, how would you like me to proceed".

This is the video I watched...because I've read a lot of Ayoob's firearm related internet posts, and I trust his opinions.

Watch for yourself...he covers this topic in the first 30 seconds.

If you watch, or read the transcript of the dashcam video, you'll see that that is exactly the moment everything went wrong.

The officer says he smelled Marijuana in the vehicle, and that is what first sent him into alert mode.

Thirty seconds into the conversation, Castile begins to tell Yanez that he has a weapon.
Castile: Sir, I have to tell you I do have a ...
Yanez: OK.
Castile: ... firearm on me.
Yanez: OK
Castile: I (inaudible)
Yanez: Don't reach for it then.
Castile: I'm, I, I was reaching for ...
Yanez: Don't pull it out.
Castile: I'm not pulling it out.
Reynolds: He's not.
Yanez: Don't pull it out.
Yanez, whose hand had been near his gun, pulls out his weapon and fires seven rapid shots into the car, striking Castile five times.

Philando Castile shooting: Dashcam video shows rapid event - CNN
Castile doesn't tell Officer Yanez that he has a legal firearm and a conceal carry permit...only that he has a firearm.

Last edited:
That's right NFL!!! People are walking out of Lambeau Field!!!

I think that Trumps thunderous words struck like lightning! The NFL is DONE!

The people are demanding the govt tell them how to act patriotically. Yes, we don't need to think for ourselves, our govt can tell us instead.

Criminals getting shot resisting Police capture is not a good cause for Protest.....

Criminal resisting police capture like Philando Castile?

That was a very unfortunate case.

One of the first things I did before carrying a gun the first time was research how to handle a traffic stop while armed. I learned rule one was to never say "I have a gun" or "I'm carrying a firearm"...but instead to keep my hands on the wheel, or in plain view and say "I have a CCW permit, how would you like me to proceed".

Your plan is a very smart way of approaching the situation properly. Obviously Castile did not know this or chose not to follow this when he was shot. I'm sure you would agree that this does not make him a "criminal resisting police capture" but rather a man who made a mistake or a very bad choice.

I believe the bigger issue here that the protestors are trying to bring to the forefront is that police enter an interaction with a black man with a heightened sense of danger...which is far more likely to end in tragedy.

If a white man in a business suit driving a Mercedes was in the same exact situation as the above, and did the exact same thing, the officer possibly would have told the man: "bring the gun out slowly with your finger off the trigger and place it on the dash". Maybe not...I don't know.

In my opinion, the protest is for a good reason...to increase awareness, to make people think before acting. It would be nice if the protest turned into action to force politicians to admit there is a problem, to increase/improve training of LEOs on how to diffuse situations, and to encourage and teach civilians (especially young black men and boys) on how to safely and respectfully deal with authority.

The problem is multifactorial and both sides have a role to play. However, one side has guns and power, while the other side is economically disadvantaged and has historically been oppressed.

I have the game on the TV, the stands are packed! What like 12 people walked out?
Are you still watching it?

I have the TV on, but not really watching it. Just want the NFL to get the ratings as I support the right of the players to be idiots and kneel.
WEATHER DELAY
THANK YOU! I recorded Colbert last night and when I put it on this a.m, it was the fourth quarter of the game. I wondered what happened.

Did you hear on the news that it is Russian tweeters and bots pushing all the stories on this NFL thing to put division between us? That's what came out in the congressional hearing today...

are we all fools?
Yes, I heard it. And yes, we are all fools.

I have the game on the TV, the stands are packed! What like 12 people walked out?
Are you still watching it?

I have the TV on, but not really watching it. Just want the NFL to get the ratings as I support the right of the players to be idiots and kneel.
WEATHER DELAY

TOM DELAY
You had to bring up that POS ??

Yes

Forum List

Back