BREAKING: Mass school shooting multiple victims

Could somebody please explain to me the normal procedure to buy a gun? Also does each State have a gun register so that all owners are on a central database?
Very few of the states require registration.
There are two ways to buy a gun:
-Go to a dealer, pick it out, undergo a background check, pay for the gun, take the gun home.
-Go to a private individual, pay for the gun, take it home.

If gun owners were licensed the private sale would allow for the seller to verity the buyer was licensed; and, a license could be immediately suspended if the licensee were to be arrested for crimes of violence, DUI for drugs or alcohol, detained civilly as a danger to him or her self or others.

Could somebody please explain to me the normal procedure to buy a gun? Also does each State have a gun register so that all owners are on a central database?
-Go to a dealer, pick it out, undergo a background check, pay for the gun, take the gun home.
Thanks, isn't there an issue with the second method because that doesn't require a background check.
Nope. Universal background checks are unenforceable as the state cannot prove the points necessary to prosecute.
This means the law is an unnecessary restriction to the exercise of the right.
Do you think Americans would accept a system where they can just buy from a gun shop.
Thinking Americans will ask: Why can't I sell my gun directly to my brother?
Sorry one more question does that background check cover just the State or is it USA wide.
National.

Our Clock is back to zero...Las Vegas says 14 days over and under on next massacre of at least 6 Americans....
11217560_852628101480189_7190770720918325915_n.png

In Chicago they measure that number in a matter of hours, not days. I wonder how many of those gun owners went through background check?

If gun owners were licensed the private sale would allow for the seller to verity the buyer was licensed; and, a license could be immediately suspended if the licensee were to be arrested for crimes of violence, DUI for drugs or alcohol, detained civilly as a danger to him or her self or others.
Here is the problem with private sales. I see you have a gun for sale. Me and a couple of buddies come to your house access the situation, shoot you dead, and take your guns. Now there are more guns on the street and no one knows who has them.

I'm not against measures such as metal detectors. Now that is just good common sense! Declaring to the world that "this is a gun free zone" is stupid as all get out.
Anti-gun loons cheer gun free zones and then express shock when a shooting takes place in one.
One cannot understand how or why they believe that shootings will not take place in such areas.

This wasn't a gun free zone.

UPDATE OCT 1, 2015 8:09 PM

The conservative site Breitbart and others assert that guns were banned at UCC. This is not true. The student code of conduct bans guns "without written authorization." Under Oregon law, the university could not ban people with a valid concealed carry license from bringing their weapons on campus. (They could ban gun from various buildings and facilities.) Conservative writer Dana Loesch, who initially claimed the campus was a "gun free zone," updated her article to clarify that individuals with concealed carry permits were allowed to bring guns on campus.

There was, in fact, someone on campus with a concealed carry weapon at the time of the massacre. A local reporter explained to CNN that it was legal for him to have such a weapon on campus.

UCC Was Not A ‘Gun Free Zone’ Because Public Colleges In Oregon Can’t Ban Guns
You're fucking moron. The state's AG disagrees with you.
BREAKING: MASS SHOOTING AT UMPQUA COLLEGE in Oregon - 13 Dead - Gunfree Zone - The Gateway Pundit

I'm not against measures such as metal detectors. Now that is just good common sense! Declaring to the world that "this is a gun free zone" is stupid as all get out.
Anti-gun loons cheer gun free zones and then express shock when a shooting takes place in one.
One cannot understand how or why they believe that shootings will not take place in such areas.

This wasn't a gun free zone.

UPDATE OCT 1, 2015 8:09 PM

The conservative site Breitbart and others assert that guns were banned at UCC. This is not true. The student code of conduct bans guns "without written authorization." Under Oregon law, the university could not ban people with a valid concealed carry license from bringing their weapons on campus. (They could ban gun from various buildings and facilities.) Conservative writer Dana Loesch, who initially claimed the campus was a "gun free zone," updated her article to clarify that individuals with concealed carry permits were allowed to bring guns on campus.

There was, in fact, someone on campus with a concealed carry weapon at the time of the massacre. A local reporter explained to CNN that it was legal for him to have such a weapon on campus.

UCC Was Not A ‘Gun Free Zone’ Because Public Colleges In Oregon Can’t Ban Guns
You're fucking moron. The state's AG disagrees with you.
BREAKING: MASS SHOOTING AT UMPQUA COLLEGE in Oregon - 13 Dead - Gunfree Zone - The Gateway Pundit
The gateway pundit? :laugh::rofl:

The Gateway Pundit - RationalWiki

"The Gatewood Pundit is a hard-right website that spends most of the day complaining about Barack Obama and liberals, and the occasional flirtation with outright white supremacists."

I think the issue seems to be freedom of choice versus responsibility and people collectively accepting some limitations.

I do detect that a lot of the problems are with States versus the federal government and some suspicion amongst Americans of an over reach by Washington.

What I seem to read a lot about is excuses not to do something rather than finding some common ground, a lot of responsible gun owners when polled think something should be done. You simply can't arm every nursery, school, university, security people can't man every corridor and you can't have everyone walking around with a gun. Do Americans want to live in that type of society?

Perhaps its a cultural thing because in the UK the only time I ever see a gun is security police at airports. We're just not used to it, certainly in the UK if a government didn't act to do something after a gun massacre they would pay for it at the ballot box.

As a nation surely people can accept a few limitations on the types of guns and where to buy them. Isn't it worth trying. Its just impossible to understand how the USA, the richest, most developed nation can send a man to the moon but can't come up with a gun policy that the majority of the American public can agree on!

Dear God you really are a dummy.
Legal gun owners commit very few violent crimes involving guns. Insane people and negro thugs commit 99.999% of violent crimes involving a gun.
You don't like guns in the hands of even the cops. You're a fucking LIB pajama-boy pussy.
I saw a lot of you fucking LIBs in VN. We called you all "pukers and shiters". You could set your watch when a dozen of you cowards would show up at the MI claiming you had a 'stomach ache' a few minutes after you heard an explosion a mile away. That's why I have no respect for you and yours.
And to think how many good men died to make sure you could attempt to destroy our freedoms. Now I'm going to puke.

How many times does this have to be explained ?

The POLICY of UCC is a weapons free zone.
Constitutionally, they cannot ban someone from being on campus with a concealed weapon because of a court case in 2011 if that person is legally allowed to do so.
However, if it is found that a person has a gun or other weapon, they are unwelcome and will be asked to leave.
It is then up to the person to pursue their legal rights.
But lets be clear !! This school is a weapon free campus !!!

What I seem to read a lot about is excuses not to do something rather than finding some common ground, a lot of responsible gun owners when polled think something should be done. You simply can't arm every nursery, school, university, security people can't man every corridor and you can't have everyone walking around with a gun. Do Americans want to live in that type of society?
Here's the thing.
Common ground - that is, compromise- requires that both sides give something to get what they want.
The side that wants more gun control has nothing to offer to gun owners in exchange for what they to the gun owners to give up.
Thus, compromise -- that is, common ground - is impossible,.

Here is the schools official bylaws:

“Possession, use, or threatened use of firearms (including but not limited to BB guns, air guns, water pistols, and paint guns) ammunition, explosives, dangerous chemicals, or any other objects as weapons on college property, except as expressly authorized by law or college regulations, is prohibited.

Possession of knives with a blade longer than 4” is prohibited.

Brandishing weapons is prohibited.

Misuse of personal defensive weapons – e.g., pepper spray, etc. is prohibited. The owner is responsible and accountable for any misuse of these devices.”

I think the issue seems to be freedom of choice versus responsibility and people collectively accepting some limitations.

I do detect that a lot of the problems are with States versus the federal government and some suspicion amongst Americans of an over reach by Washington.

Perhaps its a cultural thing because in the UK the only time I ever see a gun is security police at airports. We're just not used to it, certainly in the UK if a government didn't act to do something after a gun massacre they would pay for it at the ballot box.

As a nation surely people can accept a few limitations on the types of guns and where to buy them. Isn't it worth trying. Its just impossible to understand how the USA, the richest, most developed nation can send a man to the moon but can't come up with a gun policy that the majority of the American public can agree on!
It is cultural. The US is inhabited/controlled by the descendants of former criminals and money hungry hypocrites that live in a constant state of fear. Any talk about gun control is tantamount to taking their dicks.

How many times does this have to be explained ?

The POLICY of UCC is a weapons free zone.
Constitutionally, they cannot ban someone from being on campus with a concealed weapon because of a court case in 2011 if that person is legally allowed to do so.
However, if it is found that a person has a gun or other weapon, they are unwelcome and will be asked to leave.
It is then up to the person to pursue their legal rights.
But lets be clear !! This school is a weapon free campus !!!

By federal law.

Stinkprogress are communists. Communists lie - about everything.

Here is the schools official bylaws:
“Possession, use, or threatened use of firearms (including but not limited to BB guns, air guns, water pistols, and paint guns) ammunition, explosives, dangerous chemicals, or any other objects as weapons on college property, except as expressly authorized by law or college regulations, is prohibited.
CCW holders can carry. Non CCW holders and criminal cannot.

Forum List

Back