Breaking! Colin Powell dies

Ah, nice example. Kind of like those long distance runners you see that I sometimes admire for their stamina (rude ones who run where cars should be don’t deserve any admiration -ha). Anyone of any age who can run for miles, even at a slow speed requires having enough stamina for sure.

In response to the OP, The following interview with Powell is worth a view.

I`ve never seen a long distance runner or any runner smiling. Running around in circles to get to a shower isn`t the best way to use the time we have here IMO.

He and Schwarzkopf both got well-deserved credit for desert storm. A huge amount credit goes to the staff plans writers and presenters at decision briefs, where the Generals critique and choose from the plans presented. Later I worked directly for one of those guys on his staff when he became G3 at V Corps Headquarter. Quite a learning experience.
Keep in mind they defeated a military with a handful of Vietnam era equipment. It wasn`t Gettysburg or the Battle of the Bulge.

I`ve never seen a long distance runner or any runner smiling. Running around in circles to get to a shower isn`t the best way to use the time we have here IMO.
Most long-distance runners become addicted to it, and I don’t think they’re concerned about their facial expressions during a 3 mile run or more.

Keep in mind they defeated a military with a handful of Vietnam era equipment. It wasn`t Gettysburg or the Battle of the Bulge.
The Iraqis had Soviet tanks and equipment of good quality but they were poorly trained and not motivated at all. Who the fuck wants to fight for Saddam Hussein??

So are the leftards here saying old people shouldn’t get vaccinated?

Their responses so far have been “he’s really old”.
Reportedly, 85+ is a high-risk category but that falls in line with “the older you get, the more likely you’re going to have some type of comorbidity risk” which is true for a lot of people but not all. If they really want to be honest about it, full reports need to pinpoint what conditions most people have that are being noted in their death certificates. Many sources are trying to get this information out, while as you know at the same time we have many in control of the megaphones who are trying to conceal this information and falsely report that the death was from the virus. We’ve yet to distinguish medical records that were noted in a way to acquire federal funding that stated a person in a nursing home died From Covid instead of With Covid. I know of one instance where even the family was aware of what the facility did in order to acquire funding, but regardless of their input the death record remained false.

He chose a black man over the white supremacist party? Shame on him.
Uh.....the Democrat Party is the party of white supremacists.....the KKK...Jim Crow.
MLK was a Republican.
The Republican Party historically has been the Abolition Party.
Just because the media is controlled by Democrats....doesn't mean they aren't full of crap.

He deliberately lied about Iraq's supposed WMD's, which cost the lives of more than a million innocents.
All of his other achievements must stand as secondary to that.
Not in my mind. His job as Sec State called for him to operate in support of policy he did not set. I am pretty sure he voiced his views to the dumb Son-ova-Bush, but, once the foreign policy was set for him, he publicly supported as is the job of Secretary of State. Does that relieve him of culpability for using the same cherry-picked intel that had been used by the Executive Branch? NO, and it was not his finest hour, but does not change his accomplishments, acumen and service to our country of his very long successful career as a Military Officer. I would have been proud to have served in one of his commands, and still regard him as a great man and a great soldier and leader of men.

Not in my mind. His job as Sec State called for him to operate in support of policy he did not set. I am pretty sure he voiced his views to the dumb Son-ova-Bush, but, once the foreign policy was set for him, he publicly supported as is the job of Secretary of State. Does that relieve him of culpability for using the same cherry-picked intel that had been used by the Executive Branch? NO, and it was not his finest hour, but does not change his accomplishments, acumen and service to our country of his very long successful career as a Military Officer. I would have been proud to have served in one of his commands, and still regard him as a great man and a great soldier and leader of men.
This depicts Powell’s take 10 years after his UN speech. I happen to believe him. He was given faulty national intel and was told they had 4 separate sources supporting evidence that Saddam Hussein had a stock pile of WMD. Turned out, this national intel had only one source, and the man was in a German jail and they never directly talked to him. Lovely.

Last edited:
It was taking out the trash of the 6th largest army on earth at the time, at the time of their cross border, misguided adventurism, and he orchestrated his selected plan in textbook efficiency and effectiveness, making great use of professionals, like himself, who had written the books. Pretty damned impressive. I have not seen anything else like it, and spent a great deal of my life studying and training combat tactics and strategy.

Uh.....the Democrat Party is the party of white supremacists.....the KKK...Jim Crow.
MLK was a Republican.
The Republican Party historically has been the Abolition Party.
Just because the media is controlled by Democrats....doesn't mean they aren't full of crap.
Right on. In 1948, Southern Democrats broke away from the Dem party and formed the Dixiecrat Party so they could defy Harry Truman's executive order and continue segregation.

My point is, Bush, Cheney, Powell, and other neocons knew very well that there were no WMD's in Iraq. They invented those WMD's for the purpose of justifying their war.

There's just no way they can claim innocence by trying to say that they were fooled by Saddam.
And so those facts will be the most relevant to Powell's legacy. No other accomplishments can rival the deaths for which he/they are responsible!

The correct American talking point is: Saddam was a bad man and that justified America's slaughter of a million people. Or as Albright says, half a million dead children was worth it.

My point is, Bush, Cheney, Powell, and other neocons knew very well that there were no WMD's in Iraq. They invented those WMD's for the purpose of justifying their war.

There's just no way they can claim innocence by trying to say that they were fooled by Saddam.
And so those facts will be the most relevant to Powell's legacy. No other accomplishments can rival the deaths for which he/they are responsible!

The correct American talking point is: Saddam was a bad man and that justified America's slaughter of a million people. Or as Albright says, half a million dead children was worth it.
I understand your point completely, and it has validity, from a point of view, whether you regard him as a Neocon or not. I just do not agree.

It was taking out the trash of the 6th largest army on earth at the time, at the time of their cross border, misguided adventurism, and he orchestrated his selected plan in textbook efficiency and effectiveness, making great use of professionals, like himself, who had written the books. Pretty damned impressive. I have not seen anything else like it, and spent a great deal of my life studying and training combat tactics and strategy.
You're right! There's no denying the plan to justify their war and there's no need to pretend that they believed that Iraq possessed those missing WMD's.

I understand your point completely, and it has validity, from a point of view, whether you regard him as a Neocon or not. I just do not agree.
He served his country's agenda of war on Iraq for the obvious purpose of gaining control over Iraq's fall cabbage crop.
No military General need be labelled with any particular political label.

Forum List

Back