AT&T data breach exposes 73 million current, former accounts on dark web

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

AT&T confirmed on Saturday that a total of 73 million current and former customer accounts were leaked to the dark web around two weeks ago.

The company said it is assessing the breach and whether the data, which includes Social Security numbers, came from AT&T itself or one of its vendors.

The data appears to be from 2019 or earlier, cybersecurity experts hired by AT&T to do a "robust investigation" found, affecting 7.6 million current account holders, and approximately 65.4 million former account holders.

I swear, folk's data has been breached so many times with these big companies I bet their customers feel like a 5 dollar hookers.

Let me see, the class action attorneys will make multi-millions and the victims will get one year free of credit monitoring.

I guess a lot of people who were mesmerized by "Lily's" big knockers will have their SS number turned over to illegals and the DNC. ;)

92920f2caaea2b77c9eb8847e953d537.jpg

I think there is safety in the herd, when your stolen personal data is surrounded by the stolen data of millions of other Americans, you hope the Dark Web singles out the slower one crossing the river.

AT&T confirmed on Saturday that a total of 73 million current and former customer accounts were leaked to the dark web around two weeks ago.

The company said it is assessing the breach and whether the data, which includes Social Security numbers, came from AT&T itself or one of its vendors.

The data appears to be from 2019 or earlier, cybersecurity experts hired by AT&T to do a "robust investigation" found, affecting 7.6 million current account holders, and approximately 65.4 million former account holders.

I swear, folk's data has been breached so many times with these big companies I bet their customers feel like a 5 dollar hookers.

Let me see, the class action attorneys will make multi-millions and the victims will get one year free of credit monitoring.

I guess a lot of people who were mesmerized by "Lily's" big knockers will have their SS number turned over to illegals and the DNC. ;)

92920f2caaea2b77c9eb8847e953d537.jpg
ATT has been a government spy organization since they split Ma Bell into different companies.

But now we have the likes of Pedocrat spy agencies like ATT, Facebook, Freddie Mac, Rupert Murdoch News Corp, Bloomberg, Soros Fund Management, and many others.............

Here are some more...........

Who the hell gives their Social to a phone company?

:lol:
Low and fixed income people who sign up for government subsidized programs.

What is more concerning is the 'former' customers. I'm not one for over-regulation, but limits on how long a company can keep personal data seems sensible. No more than six months after a contract is terminated or ends seems reasonable.

I think there is safety in the herd, when your stolen personal data is surrounded by the stolen data of millions of other Americans, you hope the Dark Web singles out the slower one crossing the river.
Not anymore given computing speeds and the ability to sift data.

Low and fixed income people who sign up for government subsidized programs.

What is more concerning is the 'former' customers. I'm not one for over-regulation, but limits on how long a company can keep personal data seems sensible. No more than six months after a contract is terminated or ends seems reasonable.

Walmart is another spy agency for the government. And I mention that simply because they keep ALL records on ALL employees, vendors, and customers on hard drives. They never get rid of any kind of information they get.......from anybody. The same goes for ATT and all their other spy agencies with company fronts.

How do I know? I worked for a merger company called HyperMart in the 80's, for a few months. It was a merger between WalMart and Cullum Company.

I lost my job in 2022 and was out of work for almost a year. Theres a WalMart down the street from me, so I thought I'd get a temp or short term job there.

I got a letter from them in the mail, a week after I applied online. The letter stated I worked for the company back in 1985, and did not leave the company on "good terms", so I was not hired.

Companies, by standard defaults NEVER keep information for more than 3-5 years. They then purge it or archive it from their files and systems.

Companies that do not purge or archive files and information, and keep it live in their systems, are companies that sell your information to anybody with a buck in their pocket, and give it to the government for illegal "perks".

This is how they've done it since the Industrial Age in this country, and it gets worse and worse every year, as more and more companies are doing this now, with the addition of AI to their archiving and filing systems.

Forum List

Back