Brazil...made it easier for normal people to get guns...anti-gunners screamed and shouted...gun murder down in Brazil...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Normal people with guns do not use those guns for crime or murder...so taking guns away from them doesn't reduce gun crime, in fact, it makes it worse.........

Brazil-Homicide-Rate.png

Brazil DataDownload
When Brazil’s President Jair Bolsonaro promised to ease gun regulations and let more people own guns the media and the “experts” they talked to thought it would lead to more homicides/murders. Well, it didn’t turn out that way. Things are still early and other factors have to be accounted for, but don’t expect to see a lot of people who were clearly predicting disaster admit that they were wrong. Bolsonaro became president on January 1, 2019, so he was president for that full year. Their homicide rates fell in 2018, but all the experts predicted that his gun control policies were going to be a disaster.

Here are some of the warnings from the experts.

As is apparent in the US, the ratio of gun crimes in Brazil will become directly proportional to the increase in guns.

After other anomalies as portrayed in the graph have settled out of the equation, it's always inevitable.

Eliminate all the guns from a country, a city, a village, a building, or even a room and nobody can be shot dead with a gun.

As is apparent in the US, the ratio of gun crimes in Brazil will become directly proportional to the increase in guns.

After other anomalies as portrayed in the graph have settled out of the equation, it's always inevitable.

Eliminate all the guns from a country, a city, a village, a building, or even a room and nobody can be shot dead with a gun.

Moron....did you read the link......they didn't allow normal people to own guns and their crime rate was through the roof......they relaxed their laws and normal people can own guns now, and their crime rate went down.........

You can't explain that...

Where there are lots of guns.

No.....there was only one gun on that train, in the hands of a criminal....normal people are not allowed to carry their legal guns onto the subway, or just about anywhere else in New York....

You really don't know what you are talking about.

No.....there was only one gun on that train, in the hands of a criminal....normal people are not allowed to carry their legal guns onto the subway, or just about anywhere else in New York....

You really don't know what you are talking about.
There will be lots of hidden guns carried on the subways and everywhere else in America. I really don't care, other than I would encourage more guns.
Gun zones and gun free zones are equally unsafe now in America. Nobody should be going without one. They should be kept as close as under your pillows!

How do you go about eliminating all guns.

If you pass a law, the bad guys and many good guys will just ignore it. Of course then everybody with a gun will be a criminal proving that if you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns.

If you send people into homes to confiscate firearms, some people will resist and some will simply bury their firearms and ammo in the ground in PVC pIpes. Many gun owners have already done this.

***snip***

They’re at it again. The politicians in Washington, DC, and their media mouthpieces everywhere are in full cry, threatening more restrictions on our right to own guns.

In response, Americans are rushing to buy firearms, particularly those that might be targets of the next ban. Without a doubt, many guns are going underground or into other hiding places. When Draconian restrictions take effect, millions more firearms will get tucked into walls, haylofts, hollow trees, and waterproof containers buried in the woods.

There are people who say, “When it’s time to bury the guns, it’s actually time to dig them up and use them.” They have a point. But in fact, there are plenty of good reasons to hide guns, now or at any other time. And we’re not talking about simply concealing a gun to have it handy in home, office, or hotel room. We’re talking about hardcore, long-term hiding stashing guns against some urgent future need.

A machine shop can manufacture firearms. You can even 3D print firearms today.

Normal people with guns do not use those guns for crime or murder...so taking guns away from them doesn't reduce gun crime, in fact, it makes it worse.........

Brazil-Homicide-Rate.png

Brazil DataDownload
When Brazil’s President Jair Bolsonaro promised to ease gun regulations and let more people own guns the media and the “experts” they talked to thought it would lead to more homicides/murders. Well, it didn’t turn out that way. Things are still early and other factors have to be accounted for, but don’t expect to see a lot of people who were clearly predicting disaster admit that they were wrong. Bolsonaro became president on January 1, 2019, so he was president for that full year. Their homicide rates fell in 2018, but all the experts predicted that his gun control policies were going to be a disaster.

What utter BS! Especially as it's from "crime research.org" john Lott's Junk science website. The facts are somewhat different.
"What he failed to mention, however, was that the country's homicide rate had been falling steadily since early 2018, well before the election of far-right President Jair Bolsonaro. Although Bolsonaro and his supporters have tried to "own" recent improvements in public security, the decline in murder has little to do with their efforts." What Explains Brazil's Homicide Decline?

What utter BS! Especially as it's from "crime research.org" john Lott's Junk science website. The facts are somewhat different.
"What he failed to mention, however, was that the country's homicide rate had been falling steadily since early 2018, well before the election of far-right President Jair Bolsonaro. Although Bolsonaro and his supporters have tried to "own" recent improvements in public security, the decline in murder has little to do with their efforts." What Explains Brazil's Homicide Decline?

From post #1…….you have to explain why the predictions of anti-gun fanatics like yourself were wrong….again….

When Brazil’s President Jair Bolsonaro promised to ease gun regulations and let more people own guns the media and the “experts” they talked to thought it would lead to more homicides/murders.
——-

And again…….huge murder numbers with gun control…..extreme gun control……..now, with less gun control the murder numbers aren’t going up…..you have to explain that……and you can’t.

1652430317869.jpeg

And this....you missed the entire point of his column......

Not too surprisingly, Michael Bloomberg’s “news” organization had a headline in early 2019 warning of the consequences of Brazil’s President Jair Bolsonaro promised to “decree loosening gun laws will come at a cost in lives.”
----

NPR was also clear: “Brazil’s High Murder Rate Could Get Even Worse If Gun Laws Are Relaxed”
----
From the Guardian:

Firearms exports from Austria to Brazil have surged by more than 377% in the first half of this year as gun ownership increases under the South American country’s rightwing president, Jair Bolsonaro. . . . Bolsonaro’s highly controversial relaxation of gun laws – a key pledge in his 2018 campaign – is fuelling fears among experts and campaigners that such moves will add to already shocking levels of violence. . . .
-----
From the New York Times:

“Mr. Bolsonaro’s promise to ease gun regulation . . . is worrying some experts who argue that more guns fuel more violence”

You can't explain the simple fact that with extreme gun control, they had massive gun murder rates.......then, with massive gun control, their gun murder rates started to decline, then, with loosening of gun control, where normal people could own guns.....their gun murder rates continued to fall.......

All of your anti-gun fanatic experts predicted more gun murder......the exact opposite has happened, and you can't explain that...

Gun ownership does not increase gun murder. Criminals, and their willingness to commit murder increase gun murder....normal people owning and carrying guns does not increase gun murder.....

You doofus.

Last edited:
.you have to explain why the predictions of anti-gun fanatics like yourself were wrong….again….
Who says I'm an "anti-gun fanatic"? I like guns, have shot just about every calibre weapon from .22 to 120mm in my time. I'm against giving out guns like confetti to any Tom, Dick, or Harriet, without them first having received proper training in gun use and secure storage, proper licencing and registration.
..you have to explain that……and you can’t.
I don't have to, my linked article explains that quite well, do keep up.

How do you go about eliminating all guns.

If you pass a law, the bad guys and many good guys will just ignore it. Of course then everybody with a gun will be a criminal proving that if you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns.

If you send people into homes to confiscate firearms, some people will resist and some will simply bury their firearms and ammo in the ground in PVC pIpes. Many gun owners have already done this.

***snip***

They’re at it again. The politicians in Washington, DC, and their media mouthpieces everywhere are in full cry, threatening more restrictions on our right to own guns.

In response, Americans are rushing to buy firearms, particularly those that might be targets of the next ban. Without a doubt, many guns are going underground or into other hiding places. When Draconian restrictions take effect, millions more firearms will get tucked into walls, haylofts, hollow trees, and waterproof containers buried in the woods.

There are people who say, “When it’s time to bury the guns, it’s actually time to dig them up and use them.” They have a point. But in fact, there are plenty of good reasons to hide guns, now or at any other time. And we’re not talking about simply concealing a gun to have it handy in home, office, or hotel room. We’re talking about hardcore, long-term hiding stashing guns against some urgent future need.

A machine shop can manufacture firearms. You can even 3D print firearms today.
I'm convinced. There's nothing can be done about the gun problem and the slaughter but to have more guns! I'm even halfway convinced that the guns should be allowed in America's schools. If a 6 year old is trained to have and use a gun, he/she could stop a bad guy who comes to kill the kids.

At least give it a try in Texas where it wouldn't matter so much.

Who says I'm an "anti-gun fanatic"? I like guns, have shot just about every calibre weapon from .22 to 120mm in my time. I'm against giving out guns like confetti to any Tom, Dick, or Harriet, without them first having received proper training in gun use and secure storage, proper licencing and registration.

I don't have to, my linked article explains that quite well, do keep up.

No...it doesn't....you can't explain it, so you ignore it....

I'm convinced. There's nothing can be done about the gun problem and the slaughter but to have more guns! I'm even halfway convinced that the guns should be allowed in America's schools. If a 6 year old is trained to have and use a gun, he/she could stop a bad guy who comes to kill the kids.

At least give it a try in Texas where it wouldn't matter so much.
You undoubtedly didn’t notice but the crime has been dropping for years DESPITE THE FACT that gun sales have been skyrocketing in our nation.

More guns does equal less crime.

1652462099544.jpeg

At one time firearms were allowed in schools as many high schools had rifle teams. Some high schools still do.

Now largely because of Democrats showing favoritism to criminals and the police becoming reactive rather than proactive, the crime rates are soaring.

Of course today in many cities like Chicago a criminal can get away with illegally carrying a gun. Democrats do not like enforcing laws against criminals. Perhaps they are getting kickbacks form the bad guys.

There will be lots of hidden guns carried on the subways and everywhere else in America. I really don't care, other than I would encourage more guns.
Gun zones and gun free zones are equally unsafe now in America. Nobody should be going without one. They should be kept as close as under your pillows!
You have zero fucking proof of any of that shit you're blowing out of your ass.

The only gun up subway was the one being used in a crime. Otherwise, people are shot back.

You undoubtedly didn’t notice but the crime has been dropping for years DESPITE THE FACT that gun sales have been skyrocketing in our nation.
Does that mean more people are buying guns, or are the same people buying more and more guns? Without a proper process of gun registration and licensing, there's no way of knowing one way or the other.

Forum List

Back