Bragg, If you want to humiliate Trump, don't indict, making Trump look like a fool for claiming he'll be arrested for low-level campaign finance fraud

Well, I for one, am not sure about this charge of "fake charges". After all, we have a precedent in the criminal trial of his lawyer, Cohen, over the same incident. And, ominously, there was that 'unindicted co-conspirator' aspect of that conviction and sentencing. That rightfully should give pause to all who think there is no there there.

"Kangaroo court"??? Ah, that is just hyper-partisan conspiratorial silliness. Has little value in responsible adult conversations

---------------------------------------------------------

The thing is....if there are facts indicating a crime was committed (and see the above about the Cohen conviction).....well, to NOT investigate and NOT indict if the facts indicate a crime was committed by one or more suspects ....that would be perceived as purely political. Nobody wants that.

So, I'm quite content to let the cake bake. Let's see if there is an indictment....first. Then let's see what the charges would be. Then responsible discussions can then move ahead with a basis of facts and details.

All responsible Americans want suspected crimes investigated. Duh!
All responsible Americans want indictments if....if.....the facts indicate a crime was committed. Duh!
Cohen went to jail for carrying out the orders of trump. trump needs to answer for his deeds. And this is just the first of several indictments against the Mafia Boss in the repub party.

For a misdemeanor long past the statute of limitations?
You didn't know the statute of limitations in New York has exceptions?

Where are you getting your info? Hard to believe they kept that from you.

Did you really think that they would charge Trump and then be like, "Shoot, we forgot about the statute of limitations; our bad".

You didn't know the statute of limitations in New York has exceptions?

Where are you getting your info? Hard to believe they kept that from you.

Did you really think that they would charge Trump and then be like, "Shoot, we forgot about the statute of limitations; our bad".
It will be a Felony. It would not be worth it if it were a misdemeanor.

It will be a Felony. It would not be worth it if it were a misdemeanor.
From what I understand, it is only a felony if the crime was to cover another crime.

Based on available evidence...which isn't much, I don't see that claim happening.

Of course nobody knows all the testimony and evidence (except all the Trump supporters on this site of course) so who knows?

"....the truth is, which is an ongoing organized criminal activity that violates RICO 9 ways from Sunday."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is a curious allegation.
Would the good poster, Dudley, explain to the forum what exactly he means in his allegation?
And does he have sourcing or a credible link that the forum can have confidence in?

Thanx in advance.

From what I understand, it is only a felony if the crime was to cover another crime.

Based on available evidence...which isn't much, I don't see that claim happening.

Of course nobody knows all the testimony and evidence (except all the Trump supporters on this site of course) so who knows?
He falsified records in order to make an illegal contribution to his campaign. At least that is what the legal taking heads are saying. I think Georgia will indict before June. That is the one that will make lots of MAGA cult scramble. It will be at least half dozen people.

He falsified records in order to make an illegal contribution to his campaign. At least that is what the legal taking heads are saying. I think Georgia will indict before June. That is the one that will make lots of MAGA cult scramble. It will be at least half dozen people.
Indict for what?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is a curious allegation.
Would the good poster, Dudley, explain to the forum what exactly he means in his allegation?
And does he have sourcing or a credible link that the forum can have confidence in?

Thanx in advance.

If somebody besides an idiot asks, I will be happy to.

It's just in demafascist land, it's criminal not to support their cult....and that thought process is a clear nad present danger to our Republic.

WTF is "demafascist land"? You're parroting lies and bullshit on a daily basis. Y0U'RE the clear and present danger to the Republic because you gullibly believe anything Republicans tell you, and you're too stupid/lazy to fact check anything.

You voted for a criminal conman for President and now it's "unfair" that he's being arrested. He committed his crimes while in office in broad daylight for all of the world to see, and we did see it. Now you little fools sit here and tell us that things we watched and heard happen, never really happened.

Countries where there is no billionaire owned right wing media have no problem knowing what's really going on. Why do you think there are problems everywhere where Rupert Murdoch is allowed to lie to people without consequences?????

WTF is "demafascist land"? You're parroting lies and bullshit on a daily basis. Y0U'RE the clear and present danger to the Republic because you gullibly believe anything Republicans tell you, and you're too stupid/lazy to fact check anything.

You voted for a criminal conman for President and now it's "unfair" that he's being arrested. He committed his crimes while in office in broad daylight for all of the world to see, and we did see it. Now you little fools sit here and tell us that things we watched and heard happen, never really happened.

Countries where there is no billionaire owned right wing media have no problem knowing what's really going on. Why do you think there are problems everywhere where Rupert Murdoch is allowed to lie to people without consequences?????
Demafacist land is what your kind wants us to live in...the land of Xiden, Nancy, MSDNC, etc.

Please...PLEASE...for the love of g-d...do NOT talk them out of arresting Trump!

This is the best thing that can possibly happen.

They are going to hand Trump 2024 on a silver platter.

Did you know Desantis volunteered to quash any extradition to New York from Florida...and Trump said "no thanks, I'll turn myself in".

He cannot wait for Democrats to step in a beartrap of their own making.

"If somebody besides an idiot asks, I will be happy to."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I cannot speak for idiots, or, for that matter.....non-idiots.

Nonetheless, I would suggest to poor poster Dudley that this is an Adult Swim venue.

Meaning, the non-frivolous, the serious, the informed and the mature, feel a responsibility to explain their assertions and allegations. And in truth, the messageboard itself expects it .... even of the silly and frivolous.

And though, I cannot speak for frivolous or silly men I do suspect they are uncomfortable in being called out as silly, as frivolous.

It's a bad look for an adult man. And for an adult woman too, I'm sure.

In short, saddle-up, Dudley.....have your little pony show the message-board he can carry the load he's carrying.

Giddyup!

Start with the statute of limitations - 2 years for a misdemeanor and 5 years for a felony and 8 years have passed for the "crime" they are talking about
Unfortunately, the felony statute of limitations is subject to a rolling provision which Bragg may assume is applicable. (The statute adds up to five years where a defendant is continually out of the state. And Bragg may contend and some liberals contend that Trumps move to Florida qualifies as wel as his days as President.)

If the time he spent out of NY is deemed “continually” (as one of the decisions of NY’s highest court seem to suggest), then the courts may conclude that the statute of limitations hasn’t run out.

Additionally, an oft-reinstated tolling took place during the COVID pandemic by virtue of the ex-Governor’s Executive Orders.

Coulter's right on the money here. she's clearly shaking in her boots afraid of a 2nd Trump term

She's lost any sense she may have had. Trump would just claim that he intimidated Bragg into not prosecuting.

But it's not Bragg's decision, it's the grand jury's.

Forum List

Back