Bowling is one of the oldest sports on the planet.

1588314492048.png

We know.....

Wrestling and running are the oldest known
competitive sports, we know from cave drawings, but did you know that the oldest known
sport that's played with a ball was probably bowling, and started something like 5000 years ago ?

Interesting. Thanks for the post, Angelo.

I read the link you provided on the history of bowling. I found out some things I didn't know before reading the article. Thanks again for the post.

competitive sports, we know from cave drawings, but did you know that the oldest known
sport that's played with a ball was probably bowling, and started something like 5000 years ago ?

Not surprising.

I used to like bowling until one day I slipped on ice while pumping gas and landed on my right elbow. It never healed quite right. Since then I can't roll a ball straight. It's pathetic.

..enjoyable relaxing .....big in the 50s and 60s ......my dad was on a team with uniforms......
..Archie Bunker was a big bowler

Well of course. That’s why beer and ugly shirts were invented!

Bowling is an excellent pastime that may elevate to the level of a "sport" at the highest levels, but only barely.

But like all "sports," to be good at it, you need to be able to do something correctly, time after time, and therein lies the challenge. What makes it entertaining is the perpetual chance that you, no matter how inept or unskilled you are, might bowl a great game at any time.

I very much like bowling, and I miss it. Most people can bowl for almost their whole life. One of my bowling friends is 94, and logs his score every day, keeping track of his average and - sad to say - deterioration over time.

Interesting contrast between golf and bowling: a bad golfer can get a hole in one, but a bad bowler can never bowl a three hundred game.

Forum List

Back