Both Parties can't govern is such BS repeated again and again.

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
I just watched another panel discussion where the panelists once again repeat that nonsense that both parties can't govern.

Oh, they can govern all right.

Look at the GOP under Bush. Enormous tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans. That was pretty much it as far as governing the country besides creating the great depression. Iraq and letting Bin Laden go and their other failures happened overseas.

Democrats passed healthcare for millions of Americans that Republicans have worked tirelessly to sabotage. Equal Pay for equal work. They brought us back from the great recession. Credit card reform. Moving student loans away from the banks saving 6 billion a year and so on.

Everything the Democrats weren't able to do, it was because Republicans either sabotaged or obstructed because we had a black president.

Now we have Trump tearing up agreements left and right watching even more jobs move overseas while trying to end healthcare as we know it for millions of Americans.

So the parties can govern. It's just how you define governing. Building up or tearing down.

I just watched another panel discussion where the panelists once again repeat that nonsense that both parties can't govern.

Look at the GOP under Bush. Enormous tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans. That was pretty much it as far as governing the country besides creating the great depression. Iraq and letting Bin Laden go and their other failures happened overseas.

Democrats passed healthcare for millions of Americans that Republicans have worked tirelessly to sabotage. Equal Pay for equal work. They brought us back from the great recession. Credit card reform. Moving student loans away from the banks saving 6 billion a year and so on.

Everything the Democrats weren't able to do, it was because Republicans either sabotaged or obstructed because we had a black president.

Now we have Trump tearing up agreements left and right watching even more jobs move overseas while trying to end healthcare as we know it for millions of Americans.

So the parties can govern. It's just how you define governing. Building up or tearing down.

When people say they can't govern, they mean they can't govern WELL, and this is certainly true.

Panelist opinions are like assholes, Everybody has one. A single party could "govern" alright and maybe some idiotic panelists would appreciate how smooth the regime worked but you would have to call it a dictatorship. It's the anniversary of the founding of our Country that has become the last superpower in the world in about 250 years with a two party (or more) system and idiotic pundits still whine and complain just to hear themselves talk.

Good thing there has never been free people in the 21st century..

I hope you don't believe that a free people would be a bad thing. Freedom is the natural state for the thinking man. We have, in the name of fear, conformity, and comfort, surrendered some of our freedoms. But, we have not got to a point where we could not peacefully reclaim them if we had the will.

Many other nations are not that fortunate.

• Banned
Did it ever occur to you that a free people don't need to be 'governed'?
Poland did that. They felt they were free and didn't need a military. Then they became not so free.
For Republicans, death is "free" and they want to pass around as much "free" as possible.

• Banned
Neither party recognizes the authority of the other.
The real problem is the GOP is 90% white and the Democrats are made up of all the minorities the GOP hates.

1. Gays
2. Muslims
3. Blacks
4. Hispanics
5. Liberals
6. Jews
7. Women's rights
8. Sick and disabled
9. College professors
10. Scientists

Democrats work together as a coalition. Republicans don't need that.

The real problem is the GOP is 90% white and the Democrats are made up of all the minorities the GOP hates.

1. Gays
2. Muslims
3. Blacks
4. Hispanics
5. Liberals
6. Jews
7. Women's rights
8. Sick and disabled
9. College professors
10. Scientists

I'm no Democrat. Never have been. Neither were my parents.

Was it the Republicans' fault that American's weren't able to keep their doctors?

It's not that Democrats 'can't' govern - it's that they either want to RULE, or they want to shutdown government if they can't do that.

When Barry and the Democrats won:
- Barry declared, "I won"
- Barry told the GOP they could 'get in the back of the bus'
- Democrats declared, 'Elections have Consequences'
- Pelosi declared to the American People, 'You don't have the right to know what is in legislation until we pass that edict into law'

When Hillary and the Democrats lost:
- They rioted
-They destroyed property
- Arson
- Terrorism
- Silence of freedom of speech
- They called for military coups
- They called for assassinations
- Chuck Schumer openly, publicly declared that for the next 4 years the Democratic Party was 100% committed to shutting the govt down through obstructionism to prevent the GOP and newly elected President from accomplishing anything for this nation and the American people, all for the dole benefit of the Demicratic Party in an effort to get back power

The GOP may be dysfunctional, disorganized, have poor leaders, are political cowards at times, and are incompetent at others ... BUT AT LEAST THEY ARE NOT SUBVERSIVE, SEDITIOUS, OPEN TRAITORS TO THIS COUNTRY FOR THEIR OWN BENEFIT AS THE DEMOCRATS HAVE OPENLY DEMONSTRATED AND DECLARED THEY ARE!

1. Gays
2. Muslims
3. Blacks
4. Hispanics
5. Liberals
6. Jews
7. Women's rights
8. Sick and disabled
9. College professors
10. Scientists

...Says the guy whose party's hacked / released personal emails showed the world they are a bunch of racist, sexist, homophobic anti-Semites...who during the election called successful black conservatives 'Mediocre Negroes'...

Bwuhahaha...

Snowflakes are always ACCUSING others of doing or being what THEY are...

Was it the Republicans' fault that American's weren't able to keep their doctors?
I was able to keep my doctor. My policy met minimum requirements and standards. Republicans have no standards. Trump proved that.

1. Gays
2. Muslims
3. Blacks
4. Hispanics
5. Liberals
6. Jews
7. Women's rights
8. Sick and disabled
9. College professors
10. Scientists

...Says the guy whose party's hacked / released personal emails showed the world they are a bunch of racist, sexist, homophobic anti-Semites...who during the election called successful black conservatives 'Mediocre Negroes'...

Bwuhahaha...

Snowflakes are always ACCUSING others of doing or being what THEY are...
I never heard that. But I know what Republicans call black people. And it ain't what you said.

Forum List

Back