BOOM! Natural Gas May Have Profound Impact on Israel's Geopolitics

abu afak

ALLAH SNACKBAR!
Mar 3, 2006
Not only Energy independence but Export in just a few years.

Video Report from PBS. 7 minutes.
Israel's recent discovery of HUGE offshore Natural Gas reserves
could mean a Profound transformation for Israel's economy and for the region's political stability.

Long-time NBC Tel Aviv bureau chief and NewsHour Special Correspondent Martin Fletcher reports from the field.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqAX02A9U6Q]Natural Gas May Have Profound Impact on Israel's Geopolitics - YouTube[/ame]

`

Last edited:
They may very well beat the U.S. to vital markets because Obama is sitting on his fucking ass while export permits go unapproved.

You need a pipeline to move natural gas to market.. other methods are horrendously expensive.

They may very well beat the U.S. to vital markets because Obama is sitting on his fucking ass while export permits go unapproved.

You need a pipeline to move natural gas to market.. other methods are horrendously expensive.

The OP mentions Export. It doesn't matter how expensive it is to liquefy and export because huge profits will be made.

But the U.S. can't do a damn thing if Obama doesn't approve export licenses.

I wish Jewville all the success in the world because I think their nat gas discoveries are pretty damn cool.

The OP mentions Export. It doesn't matter how expensive it is to liquefy and export because huge profits will be made.

I wish Jewville all the success in the world because I think their nat gas discoveries are pretty damn cool.

Natural gas is relatively cheap.. and falling.

1. Natural Gas is a more Local commodity than Oil.
Prices vary more.
It's cheap where produced such as North America and the Persian Gulf states BUT Europe currently pays Russia Dearly for NG.

2. Israel has had to Import expensive Gas from others, so any positive carry while getting energy near free is a Huge WINDFALL.

3. Israel's first customer will be a 20 year deal with the Palestinians, no doubt paid for like everything else in 'palestine'... with Western Aid money.
Despite BS/BDS talk... Europe too is eyeing easily deliverable Israeli NG. (Pipe or short haul tanker)

4. Ergo, as the OP said, this changes everything, including motive to support the Hideous Islamic Theocracies that currently eat our moola.
`

Then why do the arab oil shieks use LNG bulk tankers, cant be that expensive when they dock every day of the year in the UK. Now an undersea pipeline is VERY VERY EXPENSIVE at about $500,000 a foot

Then why are the prices rising in Europe ?

Not only Energy independence but Export in just a few years.

Video Report from PBS. 7 minutes.
Israel's recent discovery of HUGE offshore Natural Gas reserves
could mean a Profound transformation for Israel's economy and for the region's political stability.

Long-time NBC Tel Aviv bureau chief and NewsHour Special Correspondent Martin Fletcher reports from the field.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqAX02A9U6Q]Natural Gas May Have Profound Impact on Israel's Geopolitics - YouTube[/ame]

`
Numbers 20:11

And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also.

So is oil currently low and falling. Fuel goes up and down. Economist energy expert you're not.

So is oil currently low and falling. Fuel goes up and down. Economist energy expert you're not.

You silly ass.. the world is awash in natural gas. We used to flare it off because we couldn't get it to market.

You silly ass.. the world is awash in natural gas. We used to flare it off because we couldn't get it to market.

You are the silly ass............. it is still flared off because the pressure in the well is too high. If you are running at capacity and the pressure is building you have to relieve the pressure or something will blow, so the gas is flared off. Just look at Piper Alpha and see what happens when you don't flare off

Last edited:
Hopefully the poverty stricken Gaza strip will reap some of the economic benefit. They have a significant shoreline in that area of the Mediterranean. An economic surge could help relieve some of
area tensions.

Hopefully the poverty stricken Gaza strip will reap some of the economic benefit. They have a significant shoreline in that area of the Mediterranean. An economic surge could help relieve some of
area tensions.

http://eyreinternational.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/permit-areas.jpg?w=700

The small triangle is gaza's waters. There might be some small overlap but most of the fields are in Israeli, Lebanese, and Cyprus waters. There are some small spots of potential in gaza waters but it might be cost prohibitive to run test drills and eventually a platform. Certainly it would have to get permission from the PA and there would have to be some peace and security before any company would invest in drilling in Gazan waters, even if blockade was lifted.

area tensions.

The small triangle is gaza's waters. There might be some small overlap but most of the fields are in Israeli, Lebanese, and Cyprus waters. There are some small spots of potential in gaza waters but it might be cost prohibitive to run test drills and eventually a platform. Certainly it would have to get permission from the PA and there would have to be some peace and security before any company would invest in drilling in Gazan waters, even if blockade was lifted.

oil-in-gaza.jpg

area tensions.

oil-in-gaza.jpg
Where did you find that, one of Jihad Sherri's crap sites? Ha ha ha. You guys are such frauds! There isn't an ounce of honesty or integrity in ANYTHING you say.

Actually, the Palestinians have ZERO claim based on the gas field locations. Here is a legitimate map done by US geological survey:

oilgas-lebanon-israel-400x452.jpg

Forum List

Back