Zone1 Booker T. Washington -The Dumbest Comment A NATIONAL Black LEADER has Ever Made.

IM2

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 11, 2015
“There is another class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. ... Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs ... There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don’t want the patient to get well.”
Booker T. Washington

Booker T. Washington, My Larger Education, Garden CITY New York, Doubleday, Page & Company, 1911, pg. 118, Booker T. Washington. My Larger Education; Being Chapters from My Experience

The fact that Washington said that in 1910 should show intelligent people that he was wrong and not some prophet who was before his time.

What he said was the dumbest thing a black leader has ever said and because his comment is still being used by whites to dismiss racism, it is one of the most damaging comments pertaining to race relations in the history of this country made by anyone, regardless of race.

This thread is about the harm Washington has caused through the years because of this comment.

Good luck with Round 2
I have been threatened to stay out

So now you are attacking Booker T. Washington? And isn't this the second time you've tried to post this thread.

He kind of had a point, that you have a lot of "leaders" like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton who've done very good at enriching themselves, but their constituents remain as poor as ever.
Who did you vote for in 2022? I can guarantee you that whoever it was, they have triple the net worth of Messy Jessie and Big Al. Trump is the White Al Sharpton tbh tho.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Good luck with Round 2
I have been threatened to stay out
Trying to have a decent discussion ON THE TOPIC. I know that's probably too much to ask for some of these guys. Look at the second post for the example.

“There is another class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. ... Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs ... There is a certain class of race-problem solvers who don’t want the patient to get well.”
Booker T. Washington

Booker T. Washington, My Larger Education, Garden CITY New York, Doubleday, Page & Company, 1911, pg. 118, Booker T. Washington. My Larger Education; Being Chapters from My Experience

The fact that Washington said that in 1910 should show intelligent people that he was wrong and not some prophet who was before his time.

What he said was the dumbest thing a black leader has ever said and because his comment is still being used by whites to dismiss racism, it is one of the most damaging comments pertaining to race relations in the history of this country made by anyone, regardless of race.

This thread is about the harm Washington has caused through the years because of this comment.

I got news for you, Buckwheat: Washington was talking about YOU...

Conservatives believe blacks are good enough and smart enough to succeed on their own without any help.

Some blacks angrily disagree, apparently insisting they're not good enough nor smart enough to succeed on their own.
What you say here is bunk. Because whites are where they are because they have been given all kinds of help.

Last edited:
Who did you vote for in 2022? I can guarantee you that whoever it was, they have triple the net worth of Messy Jessie and Big Al. Trump is the White Al Sharpton tbh tho.

Well, I haven't voted for anyone in 2022... that election hasn't happened yet.

Jesse Jackson Net worth. - 9 million

Al Sharpton net worth - 5 million.. Hasn't paid those Police officers he slandered in the Tawana Brawley case.

Al Sharpton net worth - 5 million.. Hasn't paid those Police officers he slandered in the Tawana Brawley case.
Ok, and Hillary and Trump have WAy more.

Conservatives believe blacks are good enough and smart enough to succeed on their own without any help.

Some blacks angrily disagree, apparently insisting they're not good enough nor smart enough to succeed on their own.
You're projecting.

Pretty sure Sharpton's net worth is nowhere near $5 million.

The fact that a downtrodden negro Baptist minister can be worth $9 million is certainly cause for concern...

Not really, but I understand it's important to you to believe that.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back