Bo Berghdal vs. Confederates

[Lee wasn't having protests in the streets . He took up arms against his country !!!

I guess you just don't read or choose to get it. General Lee was a General in the Confederacy. He was FIGHTING AGAINST THE UNION, and the Confederacy had seceded from them! It was TWO separate factions fighting for dominance and control of the N. American continent. People die in war. It's not treason or a crime, it is WAR. The Confederacy LOST and the the Union WON, and we took back those 11 states. Had Ulysses S. Grant been in the Confederate Army, you'd be saying the same things about him. Instead, he became your president. It is all a matter of perspective. If Lee had been a "criminal" just because of the side he fought on, there wouldn't have been statues erected to him all across the South. I have no love of the man but personally, I want all those statues to stay just were they've been for 150 years. I don't want my history rewritten for future generations just to make it all cleaned up pretty and sounding better!

Yes . That's why he's a traitor! Dress is up all you want , he's still a traitor !

You know Arlington cemetery was Lees property? The gov took it and made it a military cemetery to put the bodies of those Lee killed . An FU to that traitor .

Guess what . George Washington was a traitor to England . But two things
1) England doesn't have statutes praising him
2) the colonies didn't have the representation that the south states had with America .

A question for our righty pals .

Whenever you bring up Bo (the soildier caught bebtbe taliban after he wandered away from base) and how he was part of a pow swap, righties freak out.

"He's a traitor ". " we should have left him with the taliban"

Switch topic to statutes of Confederates . And the righties are rioting in the streets ! Robert Lee was the very definition of a traitor ! He was responsible for deaths of 100000's of us soldiers ! Yet he's beloved ?

Please explain .
Lee was defending his country from foreign invasion. Berghdal was helping the enemy.

Whenever you bring up Bo (the soildier caught bebtbe taliban after he wandered away from base) and how he was part of a pow swap, righties freak out.

Switch topic to statutes of Confederates . And the righties are rioting in the streets ! Robert Lee was the very definition of a traitor ! He was responsible for deaths of 100000's of us soldiers ! Yet he's beloved ?

Please explain .

Son, WHAT THE HELL does being conservative (Right Wing?) have anything to do with Robert E Lee or Bowe Bergdahl? You can't even spell the name right. You are cornfused, son. Has there ever been a time you weren't? Bergdahl was a deserter which made him a traitor to the nation. Worse, he deserted to the ENEMY. Robert E Lee was a general in a war whose side happened to lose. You are comparing Apples to Steaks to ball-peen hammers.
Being a deserter doesn't automatically make you a traitor. Helping the enemy is what does. It looks like that's what Bergahl did.

[Lee wasn't having protests in the streets . He took up arms against his country !!!

I guess you just don't read or choose to get it. General Lee was a General in the Confederacy. He was FIGHTING AGAINST THE UNION, and the Confederacy had seceded from them! It was TWO separate factions fighting for dominance and control of the N. American continent. People die in war. It's not treason or a crime, it is WAR. The Confederacy LOST and the the Union WON, and we took back those 11 states. Had Ulysses S. Grant been in the Confederate Army, you'd be saying the same things about him. Instead, he became your president. It is all a matter of perspective. If Lee had been a "criminal" just because of the side he fought on, there wouldn't have been statues erected to him all across the South. I have no love of the man but personally, I want all those statues to stay just were they've been for 150 years. I don't want my history rewritten for future generations just to make it all cleaned up pretty and sounding better!

Yes . That's why he's a traitor! Dress is up all you want , he's still a traitor !

You know Arlington cemetery was Lees property? The gov took it and made it a military cemetery to put the bodies of those Lee killed . An FU to that traitor .

2) the colonies didn't have the representation that the south states had with America .
Taking Lee's property was a violation of the 5th Amendment. Our douche bag government couldn't even follow the rules it was supposedly founded on. Lee wasn't a traitor. The Constitution doesn't bar secession. Lee was a citizen of Virginia, a sovereign state.

Please explain .

Son, WHAT THE HELL does being conservative (Right Wing?) have anything to do with Robert E Lee or Bowe Bergdahl? You can't even spell the name right. You are cornfused, son. Has there ever been a time you weren't? Bergdahl was a deserter which made him a traitor to the nation. Worse, he deserted to the ENEMY. Robert E Lee was a general in a war whose side happened to lose. You are comparing Apples to Steaks to ball-peen hammers.

Nice try .

BOWE wandered off. He didn't join the taliban. Unlike Lee who was a high ranking military man who joined the enemy and killed 10's of thousands of US troops .

It is apples to steaks . Lee was 1000x worse than Bowe .

Wandered off? How does a supposedly responsible adult just "wander off" like some Alzheimer's patient?

You can't wipe out the heritage of men legislatively or by Government fiat and not expect a fight.

Please explain .

Nice try .

BOWE wandered off. He didn't join the taliban. Unlike Lee who was a high ranking military man who joined the enemy and killed 10's of thousands of US troops .

:lmao:
You really need to quit falling down the well
Shit for brains... The cowardly son of a bitch wanted to be part of the Taliban you stupid ass motherfucker.
Like I said you don't understand the Civil War… And you certainly do not understand lee. It was never about slavery with him it was all about states rights and duty it's a military thing you would not understand.

Lee was guilty of treason. The textbook definition! Spin the civil war all you want , you can't escape that truth .

He and his fellow traitors would've been hung in the city square if not for Lincolns desire for peace and healing .
No he wasn't, douche bag. After Virginia seceded, it was no longer part of the United States.

Nice try .

Shit for brains... The cowardly son of a bitch wanted to be part of the Taliban you stupid ass motherfucker.
Like I said you don't understand the Civil War… And you certainly do not understand lee. It was never about slavery with him it was all about states rights and duty it's a military thing you would not understand.

Lee was guilty of treason. The textbook definition! Spin the civil war all you want , you can't escape that truth .

He and his fellow traitors would've been hung in the city square if not for Lincolns desire for peace and healing .

Lee was guilty of treason..

If General Lee's fighting to defend his Confederacy is treason, then all the Never-Trumpers, Resist, MSM and Trump-bashers are guilty too. Both were trying to oppose what they saw as an unjust government. So, is that what you are saying? That the Never-Trumpers, Resist Movement and Leftist media all need to be arrested for sedition now?

Lee wasn't having protests in the streets . He took up arms against his country !!! He killed 100,000s of US troops . Think about that !

And why ? Cause the south didn't get their way? Even though they had all kinds of government representation . Even slaves were counted to make them happy .
Nope. Virginia was Lee's country. He took up arms against a foreign invader.

Taking Lee's property was a violation of the 5th Amendment. Our douche bag government couldn't even follow the rules it was supposedly founded on. Lee wasn't a traitor. The Constitution doesn't bar secession. Lee was a citizen of Virginia, a sovereign state.

So was he part of the country or not ? Oh when they take his land he's American , when he's killing US troops he is not.

To secede you'd need an amendment . Which they didn't have . Their secession was illegal .

Please explain .

Nice try .

When you take American history, if you ever get to high school, a teacher will explain it all to you in detail.

Please explain .

Nice try .

If what you say was true, why wasn't he executed?

So was he part of the country or not ? Oh when they take his land he's American , when he's killing US troops he is not.

According the the theory that Lincoln killed 850,000 people to impose on him, he was an American. If he wasn't an American, then Lincoln invaded a sovereign country. Whichever theory you subscribe to, Lincoln an the Union was in the wrong.

To secede you'd need an amendment . Which they didn't have . Their secession was illegal .

Wrong, numskull, there isn't a shred of credible evidence to support that theory. The Constitution doesn't bar secession. If you think it does, then quote the text where it does.

You really are dumber than a rock!

According the the theory that Lincoln killed 850,000 people to impose on him, he was an American. If he wasn't an American, then Lincoln invaded a sovereign country. Whichever theory you subscribe to, Lincoln an the Union was in the wrong.

Wrong, numskull, there isn't a shred of credible evidence to support that theory. The Constitution doesn't bar secession. If you think it does, then quote the text where it does.

The con says how you become a state . Doesn't say how you leave because there is no leaving .

But hey, take the issue to the Supreme Court . You don't just yell out "jumanji " and your suddenly out of the country .

mwc-gif.gif

I refuse to be a part of this conversation any further. I am becoming a slave to its stupidity! Do I have your permission to secede from it? :whip:

I refuse to be a part of this conversation any further. I am becoming a slave to its stupidity! Do I have your permission to secede from it? :whip:

Would it be legal for me to shoot you if you do it without my permission?

The con says how you become a state . Doesn't say how you leave because there is no leaving .

But hey, take the issue to the Supreme Court . You don't just yell out "jumanji " and your suddenly out of the country .

So if a sign a contract with company 'A' that says nothing about doing work for company 'B," does that mean I can't work for company 'B?'

Forum List

Back