Blackrock and the Vanguard Group

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
So, I was looking for information about the Iraq war. I looked up oil companies.

It seems that Exxon is the company making the most profit in Iraq right now out of all the foreign oil companies.

I looked for the owners of Exxon, I found that Vanguard and Blackrock are numbers one and two.

Who owns Exxon Mobil Corporation? Top holders of XOM according 13F SEC filings - stockzoa

Not sure how much to trust this website.

I then looked at who owned Vanguard and Blackrock.

Seems Vanguard and Blackrock are the biggest owners of these two companies.

It would seem to be a way for rich people to hide what they own.

So who owns Vanguard and Blackrock? I mean in terms of individuals. Who benefits from their profits in Iraq?

Halliburton is also owned by these two (as largest shareholders).

Lockheed Martin made a killing in Iraq.

Vanguard and Blackrock are two of the top four investors. State Street and Capital World Ventures are there too.

Boeing also made a killing in Iraq. Vanguard and Blackrock being 1 and 2.

General Dynamics made a killing in Iraq. 4th and 5th are Vanguard and Blackrock.

There are other companies that appear often. Companies like State Street Corportation which have Vanguard and Blackrock as 3 + 4

Others have information missing on this site.

So, who owns all of this? Yes, I understand there might be a large amount of shareholders. But these rich people will own a lot of these companies, or the companies that own the companies that own the companies that own the companies.

Who are the major players and why can't you figure it out?

Biggest shares of all those companies are shareholders due to IRAs, 401K even mutual funds. I have no doubt people like Buffet et al have shares. It is common practice for anyone wanting to make money to have shares in profitable companies.

Biggest shares of all those companies are shareholders due to IRAs, 401K even mutual funds. I have no doubt people like Buffet et al have shares. It is common practice for anyone wanting to make money to have shares in profitable companies.

Sure, but then who is pushing all of this? How much do people like Buffet have in these companies?

ummmmmm that is what oil companies do...make money from oil...what did you think would happen?...the Iraqi oil would be managed by Black and Decker?....

By the way don't you want to know why Obama couldn't win that war?....I'd like to know....maybe he should face a camera or two...where is the Magic Kenyan anyway?......

ummmmmm that is what oil companies do...make money from oil...what did you think would happen?...the Iraqi oil would be managed by Black and Decker?....

By the way don't you want to know why Obama couldn't win that war?....I'd like to know....maybe he should face a camera or two...where is the Magic Kenyan anyway?......

There's a lot more to it than just making money from oil. They're making money from oil AFTER an expensive war.

Why would the US go to war and spend billions of dollars on this war if they're not going to get something out of it?

And if the US doesn't get something out of it, then who is making the decisions and then gets something out of it?

People in power making decisions that make themselves or their friends loads of money, but the people are unable to see how they're making this money.

So, I was looking for information about the Iraq war. I looked up oil companies.

It seems that Exxon is the company making the most profit in Iraq right now out of all the foreign oil companies.

I looked for the owners of Exxon, I found that Vanguard and Blackrock are numbers one and two.

Who owns Exxon Mobil Corporation? Top holders of XOM according 13F SEC filings - stockzoa

So who owns Vanguard and Blackrock? I mean in terms of individuals. Who benefits from their profits in Iraq?

Vanguard and Blackrock are two of the top four investors. State Street and Capital World Ventures are there too.

General Dynamics made a killing in Iraq. 4th and 5th are Vanguard and Blackrock.

There are other companies that appear often. Companies like State Street Corportation which have Vanguard and Blackrock as 3 + 4

So, who owns all of this? Yes, I understand there might be a large amount of shareholders. But these rich people will own a lot of these companies, or the companies that own the companies that own the companies that own the companies.

You must be confused. Don’t liberals say that companies like Blackrock, Halliburton, Vanguard, Exxon, State Street, and Lockheed Martin are corporations,and corporations aren’t people? Why then did you say
“But these rich people will own a lot of these companies, or the companies that own the companies that own the companies that own the companies.” sounds like you’re saying that corporations is just a bunch of people.

There's a lot more to it than just making money from oil. They're making money from oil AFTER an expensive war.

Why would the US go to war and spend billions of dollars on this war if they're not going to get something out of it?

And if the US doesn't get something out of it, then who is making the decisions and then gets something out of it?

People in power making decisions that make themselves or their friends loads of money, but the people are unable to see how they're making this money.
Look....if you don't want an oil company to handle Iraqi oil tell me who you want.....Netflix? Apple?

How much oil is Exxon producing in Iraq?

They have huge mutual funds. The owners of the funds own the stock, not the mutual fund company.

So who owns Vanguard and Blackrock? I mean in terms of individuals.

Vanguard is a mutual company. Owned by the investors in their funds.

Blackrock is publicly traded. BLK.

upload_2018-8-20_23-36-38.png

BLK Major Holders | BlackRock, Inc. Stock - Yahoo Finance

Mostly owned by institutions.

Look....if you don't want an oil company to handle Iraqi oil tell me who you want.....Netflix? Apple?

Have you ever seen the list of companies getting oil out of Iraq pre- and post-war?

Petroleum industry in Iraq - Wikipedia

More than half way down the pay. No Iraqi companies. All of them are foreign companies.

Before 2003 all the oil was extracted by an Iraqi company owned by the government.

So clearly people benefited from the Iraq War.

A US and a British company are number one and two. The two countries that went in.

Next up are a Russian and Chinese company.

Then Shell, which might as well be an American company, as Blackrock's in there, Morgan Stanley, Franklin Resources, lots of American investment firms.

It wouldn't surprise me if ENI were in the same situation.

Go to war so you can increase profits. Risk people's lives so you can increase profits.

Hmmm

Have you ever seen the list of companies getting oil out of Iraq pre- and post-war?

More than half way down the pay. No Iraqi companies. All of them are foreign companies.

Before 2003 all the oil was extracted by an Iraqi company owned by the government.

A US and a British company are number one and two. The two countries that went in.

Then Shell, which might as well be an American company, as Blackrock's in there, Morgan Stanley, Franklin Resources, lots of American investment firms.

Go to war so you can increase profits. Risk people's lives so you can increase profits.

Hmmm
No one went to war for oil....remember 9-11?....we were on a high alert to any nation that could possibly hand over WMD's to terrorists and the Brennan/Comey Intel bunch said Iraq had them...they suckered Bush either from incompetents or worse....

They have huge mutual funds. The owners of the funds own the stock, not the mutual fund company.

View attachment 211922

Blackrock is mutuals too.

Mutual Funds, iShares ETFs, Closed-End Funds | BlackRock US

Oil is a great stock to own...often pays quarterly or yearly dividends.

Hmmm
No one went to war for oil....remember 9-11?....we were on a high alert to any nation that could possibly hand over WMD's to terrorists and the Brennan/Comey Intel bunch said Iraq had them...they suckered Bush either from incompetents or worse....

What does 9/11 have to do with Iraq?

Nothing.

Now, oil.

OPEC. 1999 and Chavez had a meeting with all the OPEC countries. It was only the second time. He was intent on using oil as a tool.

Four of the OPEC countries were considered US enemies.

Venezuela, Iraq, Iran and Libya.

There was a US funded coup against Chavez in 2002. Invasion of Iraq in 2003. Bombing of Libya in 2011. Sanctions against Venezuela and Iran too.

OPEC failed in getting a united front, oil prices dropped.

Funny that.

They took out each one of them, or tried. Iran is still there. How many 9/11 bombers were from Iran? Zero. How many from Saudi Arabia?

Hmmm

Nope. Thanks for the link.

Most ME countries don't have the technology that American oil companies have.

Venezuela used to have foreign oil companies working with their oil industry.
They kicked them all out (well, stopped paying them), their oil output plummeted.

View attachment 211922

Mutual Funds, iShares ETFs, Closed-End Funds | BlackRock US

Oil is a great stock to own...often pays quarterly or yearly dividends.

They run mutual funds, they aren't a mutual company.

Vanguard? That's ME!! Cool.

So, any evidence that the US companies are paying below market rates for oil, or charging more than the industry standards for services?

Are you crazy or what? ExxonMobil is a company that does business all over the world. They are in Saudi Arabia, Iraq, and others. They were the biggest player in Mexico until the state took over the oilfields. They still have a hand in those fields. American companies were the innovators, big players in oil production. They make. Money but they pay royalties on every drop of oil.

When our vaunted security analysts convinced Bush that Iraq had WMDs and were planing to use them he was duped into invading Iraq. There was no conspiracy for taking over the oilfields. The same players are still in the oil as they were before the invasion. Iraq still owns the fields. Iraq still receives the money they did before the attack. The only real difference is that Sadam does not get a large cut.

When Iraq set the oilfields of Kuwait on fire they called in Boots & Coots and Red Adaire, both American companies. They did not call in some company from Outer Mongolia or some company from east Nigeria. The simple reason was that they knew what they were doing. They have done those jobs all over the world.

America has learned from many years how to find, drill, and produce oil in the most efficient, cost effective ways. If you were looking to produce oil would you want a company that had little or no experience, or somone that knew what they were doing?

So, any evidence that the US companies are paying below market rates for oil, or charging more than the industry standards for services?

The point probably isn't you, because you probably own so little of Vanguard and also probably have so little political influence that it makes no difference.

Trying to see "below market rates for oil" shows a very poor understanding of this topic.

Lower market rates were the aim when trying to stop OPEC becoming an effective cartel.

The point probably isn't you, because you probably own so little of Vanguard and also probably have so little political influence that it makes no difference.

Trying to see "below market rates for oil" shows a very poor understanding of this topic.

Lower market rates were the aim when trying to stop OPEC becoming an effective cartel.

Are you claiming that the iraqi invasion was a move to weaken OPEC?

I own shares of ExxonMobil, BP, Apple, almost any company in the world. Thanks to my IRA I won shares in American, European and Asian companies. The list of companies would probably fill ten or more pages.

If you are wanting to understand why oil costs what it does then you need to understand that oil is finite. No more is being made or being made anywhere as fast as we use it. So it will run out. Wells are already shutdown because they have no oil. It costs tremendous amounts of money to find oil, drill for it and get it out of the ground. It costs money to abandon the well are there is nothing left. There is a certain point where it is profitable to produce oil and where it is not. After that it is what someone is willing to pay for oil. If $40.00 a barrel is considered profitable but someone is ill ing to pay $50.00 then they will sell it for that.

If you are thinking that somehow someone is trying to manipulate OPEC or oil prices in general. There is no way unless someone were able to buy up mineral rights to all oil in the world. Slightly impossible to say the least.

Forum List

Back