Black woman, shot to death while seeking help after a car accident

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
prosecutors are seeking more information from police before deciding whether to charge a man who fatally shot a 19-year-old woman who may have gone to his door seeking help after a car accident.

Renisha mcbride was killed by a shotgun blast around 2:30 a.m. Saturday.

Family members say that mcbride had gone to the home after her cell phone died following a car accident. They say mcbride was shot in the back of the head when she turned to leave.

"he shot her in the head ... For what? For knocking on his door," mcbride's aunt bernita spinks told the detroit news. "if he felt scared or threatened, he should have called 911."

according to reports, the shooter apparently told police he fired his weapon in self-defense, thinking that mcbride was an intruder.

"you see a young black lady on your porch and you shoot?" spinks said. "there was no window broken. My niece didn't bother anyone. She went looking for help and now she's dead."

police say they've identified the person who shot her and requested a warrant in the case. The wayne county prosecutor's office says it sent the request back to police wednesday for additional investigation before making a charging decision.

Renisha McBride, Detroit woman, shot to death while seeking help after a car accident, family says - Crimesider - CBS News

wtf?

I had a debate about this a long time ago, and call it the "cliffhanger scenario". Are people morally obligated to be sensitive enough to help those stuck in dire straits. It's a dilemma because you're worried about careful people getting exploited to help others living careless lifestyles. For example, someone could have gotten in a car accident from speeding around a curve in the road that shouldn't be sped around.

Ideally, this shooting wouldn't have happened because the shooter would live in a trustworthy community where people unite around common values such that when emergencies happen, they can trust that victims evaluated the situation according to common sense.

Maybe if youth, blacks, and women weren't associated with liberalism, and liberalism wasn't associated with being anti-religious, this wouldn't have happened. In a religious society (with only one faith), people unite around common values and can trust each other.

Unfortunately, that's not the case, so accidents will happen, especially since so many people believe in "pragmatism" instead as a basis for common values despite how what's pragmatic isn't common.

Last edited:
Maybe if youth, blacks, and women weren't associated with liberalism, and liberalism wasn't associated with being anti-religious, this wouldn't have happened. In a religious society (with only one faith), people unite around common values and can trust each other.

I think I get the point but if its a result of someone viewing liberals as anti-religious wouldn't the christian thing be to have more cause to assist? Does that make religious people hypocrites?

In a religious society (with only one faith), people unite around common values and can trust each other.
Spot on! Couldn't agree more.

From what I read, this lady did not have a weapon of any kind, and let us remember that she was a lady, and barely 19 at that. It did not appear that she was threatening this fellow's life or property in any way. I don't get how a guy can fire a weapon at an unarmed 19 year old woman? He needs to face justice for what he did.

I think I get the point but if its a result of someone viewing liberals as anti-religious wouldn't the christian thing be to have more cause to assist? Does that make religious people hypocrites?

Not necessarily.

What convinces you in Christianity that people should be necessarily assisting to strangers?

I had a debate about this a long time ago, and call it the "cliffhanger scenario". Are people morally obligated to be sensitive enough to help those stuck in dire straits. It's a dilemma because you're worried about careful people getting exploited to help others living careless lifestyles. For example, someone could have gotten in a car accident from speeding around a curve in the road that shouldn't be sped around.

Ideally, this shooting wouldn't have happened because the shooter would live in a trustworthy community where people unite around common values such that when emergencies happen, they can trust that victims evaluated the situation according to common sense.

Unfortunately, that's not the case, so accidents will happen, especially since so many people believe in "pragmatism" instead as a basis for common values despite how what's pragmatic isn't common.

Are you fucking kidding me???? Seriously???

The shooter belongs IN JAIL. If someone knocked on my door and I didn't want to talk to them I'd pretend I didn't hear them knock! I wouldn't PULL OUT A SHOTGUN AND SHOOT THEM IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD! :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep6rCqmRQTQ]Black Detroit Woman Shot to Death Seeking Help After Car Crash - Renisha McBride - YouTube[/ame]

Have you lost your mind? A nineteen year old woman is dead because some yahoo with a loaded gun decided to OPEN his locked door and SHOOT her in the BACK OF THE HEAD instead of simply NOT opening the door and calling the police - FOR her, one would hope.

You should go move to one, since those scary Liberals founded this country to get away from that sort of thing.
And take your homogenized uniform dictator-fetish with you. May I suggest North Korea. They like that sort of thinking there.

Last edited:
In a religious society (with only one faith), people unite around common values and can trust each other.
Spot on! Couldn't agree more.

From what I read, this lady did not have a weapon of any kind, and let us remember that she was a lady, and barely 19 at that. It did not appear that she was threatening this fellow's life or property in any way. I don't get how a guy can fire a weapon at an unarmed 19 year old woman? He needs to face justice for what he did.

Totally agree.

This guy should be executed for this crime. Why is there even a question.:evil:

Let's wait until we have all the facts before lynching anybody, eh?

These "black victim" stories are notorious for being inaccurate, if not total fabrications.

Cases in point:

Trevon Martin case where NBC altered the 911 tape.

Tawana Brawley hoax

Red Lobster hoax.

Maybe the article is true but because of all the past fraud and deception red flags go up when these stories surface. We're most likely not getting the full story (yet).

Last edited:

Not necessarily.

What convinces you in Christianity that people should be necessarily assisting to strangers?

Stuff like this:

Hebrews 13:1-2
Let brotherly love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

or this:

Luke 6:31
Do to others as you would have them do to you.

I dont recall anything in the Bible saying to shoot them for knocking on the door.

Forum List

Back